Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

27 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Impressive outing for Bassitt

OLD BASSET HOUND

Image result for basset hound

• Like 1

AL West flexing their muscles in the early games, with Texas putting up 12 runs and Oakland with 17.

Willie the Kid is ballin' out there again today.  Great start to this season.  I hope they give him a fair shake at regular playing time.

Yikes. Albies dropped to 8th in the order

5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Talent aside, dudes strait trash right now. I hope he’s hurt, that would help explain his suck.

I would argue his talent was probably a bit overblown.  He was a decently touted prospect.  But doing what he did at 19 may be the best we see from him. He doesn’t see many fastballs anymore.  Can’t touch anything that moves.  He seemed destined for stardom, at this rate in redraft where nobody really wants him (at least in my league) I’m just hoping for a 20 and 80 season.  Nomar Mazara esque.

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

I would argue his talent was probably a bit overblown.  He was a decently touted prospect.  But doing what he did at 19 may be the best we see from him. He doesn’t see many fastballs anymore.  Can’t touch anything that moves.  He seemed destined for stardom, at this rate in redraft where nobody really wants him (at least in my league) I’m just hoping for a 20 and 80 season.  Nomar Mazara esque.

He still gets the “talent” label because last year was so awesome imo. He’s living off last years stats and he is running out of street cred fast. Not even worth playing right now. 

These game scores are nuts.  The balls have gotten even jucier.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

He still gets the “talent” label because last year was so awesome imo. He’s living off last years stats and he is running out of street cred fast. Not even worth playing right now. 

The last at bat tells you all you to know. He tried laying down a bunt to get on.  He’s clearly lost.  Baseball is a very mental game.  Look at Chris Davis couldn’t get a hit all April since he finally got one he’s been good.  Travis Shaw completely lost it over night.  It’s not an easy game and at this point it is probably naive for redraft owners to expect a 20 year old to figure this out quick enough to salvage value.  

Edited by Cmilne23

I wonder if Gallo has ever had 4 hits before.  It helps getting a hitter to pitch the last couple innings!  Nice bounceback for him after a bad week regardless.

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

These game scores are nuts.  The balls have gotten even jucier.

Doesn't seem to be helping my team.

Just now, WishYuWereHere said:

I wonder if Gallo has ever had 4 hits before.  It helps getting a hitter to pitch the last couple innings!  Nice bounceback for him after a bad week regardless.

The last time was when he was 5-years old playing t-ball.

Posted (edited)

A's scored 17 runs and all Khris Davis has to show for it is a single?  smh  Did he get hurt? I see he was PH for.  Was ii just that it was a blowout and he was just dealing with a recent injury?

Edited by MrBrown

Its like a sick game to see who will punish the other team more. As or Rangers

jesus, it's a miracle wheeler didn't give me negative points today 😂

Doolittle crapping all over my ratios ... thanks for little

at least Doolittle got the save unlike some other "closers" out there.

50 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Odor 2HRS today

Image result for smells good gif

Damn ... I had one of those moments. Drop either Profar or Odor pick up Brandon Rodgers. ... I dropped smelly Odor. lol

• Like 1

GO as in Jose Ramirez you have got to GO. You suck! 

Posted (edited)

gosh doggit.....Lindor with a deep drive, very close to HR. To one of the deeper parts of right/center at the track. Pummeled the ball.

edit, but Kipnis takes it over the wall for HR. 😕

Edited by Members_Only_76