Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Impressive outing for Bassitt

OLD BASSET HOUND

Image result for basset hound

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AL West flexing their muscles in the early games, with Texas putting up 12 runs and Oakland with 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willie the Kid is ballin' out there again today.  Great start to this season.  I hope they give him a fair shake at regular playing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes. Albies dropped to 8th in the order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Talent aside, dudes strait trash right now. I hope he’s hurt, that would help explain his suck.

I would argue his talent was probably a bit overblown.  He was a decently touted prospect.  But doing what he did at 19 may be the best we see from him. He doesn’t see many fastballs anymore.  Can’t touch anything that moves.  He seemed destined for stardom, at this rate in redraft where nobody really wants him (at least in my league) I’m just hoping for a 20 and 80 season.  Nomar Mazara esque.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

I would argue his talent was probably a bit overblown.  He was a decently touted prospect.  But doing what he did at 19 may be the best we see from him. He doesn’t see many fastballs anymore.  Can’t touch anything that moves.  He seemed destined for stardom, at this rate in redraft where nobody really wants him (at least in my league) I’m just hoping for a 20 and 80 season.  Nomar Mazara esque.

He still gets the “talent” label because last year was so awesome imo. He’s living off last years stats and he is running out of street cred fast. Not even worth playing right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These game scores are nuts.  The balls have gotten even jucier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

He still gets the “talent” label because last year was so awesome imo. He’s living off last years stats and he is running out of street cred fast. Not even worth playing right now. 

The last at bat tells you all you to know. He tried laying down a bunt to get on.  He’s clearly lost.  Baseball is a very mental game.  Look at Chris Davis couldn’t get a hit all April since he finally got one he’s been good.  Travis Shaw completely lost it over night.  It’s not an easy game and at this point it is probably naive for redraft owners to expect a 20 year old to figure this out quick enough to salvage value.  

Edited by Cmilne23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Gallo has ever had 4 hits before.  It helps getting a hitter to pitch the last couple innings!  Nice bounceback for him after a bad week regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

These game scores are nuts.  The balls have gotten even jucier.

 

Doesn't seem to be helping my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WishYuWereHere said:

I wonder if Gallo has ever had 4 hits before.  It helps getting a hitter to pitch the last couple innings!  Nice bounceback for him after a bad week regardless.

The last time was when he was 5-years old playing t-ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A's scored 17 runs and all Khris Davis has to show for it is a single?  smh  Did he get hurt? I see he was PH for.  Was ii just that it was a blowout and he was just dealing with a recent injury?

Edited by MrBrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its like a sick game to see who will punish the other team more. As or Rangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jesus, it's a miracle wheeler didn't give me negative points today 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doolittle crapping all over my ratios ... thanks for little

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at least Doolittle got the save unlike some other "closers" out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Odor 2HRS today

Image result for smells good gif

Damn ... I had one of those moments. Drop either Profar or Odor pick up Brandon Rodgers. ... I dropped smelly Odor. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GO as in Jose Ramirez you have got to GO. You suck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

gosh doggit.....Lindor with a deep drive, very close to HR. To one of the deeper parts of right/center at the track. Pummeled the ball.

 

 

edit, but Kipnis takes it over the wall for HR. 😕

Edited by Members_Only_76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this