Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

44 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

One of these days I’ll have a pitcher going against the Orioles who actually does well.  

Tigers, O's, and White Sox own my aces while my opponents stream undrafted nobodies against them with great success

Lindor with ANOTHER fly ball to the track, why isn't the ball juiced for him 😕

• Like 1

Cleveland gets the lead back for Bauer. Thou cause Bauer blows and his pitch count is so high I doubt he gets thru more then the 6 inning and has to leave the game to the bullpen which will never hold it. Only hope for a Bauer win is he can actually hold this lead himself and the Indians score about 9 more runs in the 5th and 6th innings.

On days like this when Bassit "Hound" dominates the latest in what seems like an endless line of cupcake opponents I'm so happy I didn't spend money on guys like Kluber or Bauer. 

Then again, I can still remember what happened when I streamed Alex Cobb in early April, so I guess it cuts both ways ...

Just now, Evincar said:

Yikes Bauer has been brutal lately.

Someone suggested that it could be due to overuse, but the masses scoffed at the idea and laughed at him for even bringing it up. This happened even though, at the time, he was throwing like 9% more pitches per outing than any other pitcher.

• Thanks 1

Riley...

22 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Sano in the lineup tonight.  Can't wait. 

3 K's and a dong, coming right up.

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Riley...

He missed that opposite field hr by inches 

• Like 2

This reds game is wild, I don’t like watching my pitcher slide into home and have Contreras land on him though lol. 

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Riley...

With the Dansby in the 2 hole experiment failing, I could see him making his way up there really fast.  

3 minutes ago, Helms said:

He missed that opposite field hr by inches 

Does he look good? I’m excited by him, I didn’t get to see the hit. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Does he look good? I’m excited by him, I didn’t get to see the hit. 

It looked gone off the bat

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Someone suggested that it could be due to overuse, but the masses scoffed at the idea and laughed at him for even bringing it up. This happened even though, at the time, he was throwing like 9% more pitches per outing than any other pitcher.

Francona has worked him like a mule.  FFS he threw 122 last start.   It's ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Francona has worked him like a mule.  FFS he threw 122 last start.   It's ridiculous.

The difference in how pitchers under team control are handled versus pitchers who have gigantic free agent contracts is often pretty remarkable.  

Riley...

10 minutes ago, Overlord said:

The difference in how pitchers under team control are handled versus pitchers who have gigantic free agent contracts is often pretty remarkable.  

He was used the same way last year too. Only thing that kept his overall average per game pitch count down is how he was used when he came back from the injury. Before he was hurt, he was tops in the league at that time too  

17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Riley...

That’s what I’m talking about 

Haven't been watching all afternoon, is castillo in line for the win? I see it's in a delay now. 

What's the deal in the Cubs reds game. Will it be called? Will Castillo go back out