Sign in to follow this  
Jags02

Is it possible everyone is wrong

Recommended Posts

I see that every last fantasy expert, and their grandma, has Kamara ranked well ahead of Gurley.

Is it crazy for me to think they're all wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

I see that every last fantasy expert, and their grandma, has Kamara ranked well ahead of Gurley.

Is it crazy for me to think they're all wrong?

I'm not sure it's crazy, but I think the current discussion about Gurley is also about his knee.

This is Gurley a couple weeks ago:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/4/4/18295797/tmz-video-shows-los-angeles-rams-rb-todd-gurley-limp-injury-knee-arthritis

 

This is Kamara a couple weeks ago:

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/video/rams-cb-aqib-talib-reacts-to-saints-running-back-alvin-kamara-s-crazy-workout-vi

 

See any difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible, but unlikely.

I'd take Kamara's elusive and efficient pass-catching style over Gurley's rumbling wear-and-tear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't touch Gurley in the first 2 rounds. Have you been keeping up with Gurley news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley is #1 on my don't draft list this year for both of my leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I wouldn't touch Gurley in the first 2 rounds. Have you been keeping up with Gurley news?

 

It's just a little arthritis. They'll inject a pain killer in there and he should be fine. I'd hate to sleep on Gurley if the Rams continue to pound him. Knowing they have his heir apparent on the roster already where they have no need to try and extend his life by easing off, I suspect the Rams are going to get the most out of Gurley before moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

 

It's just a little arthritis. They'll inject a pain killer in there and he should be fine. I'd hate to sleep on Gurley if the Rams continue to pound him. Knowing they have his heir apparent on the roster already where they have no need to try and extend his life by easing off, I suspect the Rams are going to get the most out of Gurley before moving on.

Yeah... I don't think he was fine at the end of the season?

But of course, that's the way to play fantasy, and if you see value where other people don't, then there is opportunity. He currently already dropped to 7th overall, and I think depending on what further news comes out, he could drop a lot more. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jags02 said:

 

It's just a little arthritis. They'll inject a pain killer in there and he should be fine. I'd hate to sleep on Gurley if the Rams continue to pound him. Knowing they have his heir apparent on the roster already where they have no need to try and extend his life by easing off, I suspect the Rams are going to get the most out of Gurley before moving on.

He was out of commission at the end of the season. I dont want him sitting out in the fantasy playoffs. I think Darrell Henderson is going to be a good piece of this offense too. Look how well CJA did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jags02 said:

 

It's just a little arthritis. They'll inject a pain killer in there and he should be fine. I'd hate to sleep on Gurley if the Rams continue to pound him. Knowing they have his heir apparent on the roster already where they have no need to try and extend his life by easing off, I suspect the Rams are going to get the most out of Gurley before moving on.

 

I take it you dont suffer from arthritis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley is broken. You don't draft broken people in first round. Rams already said they aint gon pound him this year for health reasons. DND 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Gurley is broken. You don't draft broken people in first round. Rams already said they aint gon pound him this year for health reasons. DND 

It's just a little arthritis, nothing to worry about. Take him in the first and don't look back

 

 

.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gurley will likely need knee surgery at some point avoid him and draft another RB this upcoming year. I'll be passing on Todd and going after someone else in both of my leagues with my 2 #1 overall picks that i have. 

Edited by Rush2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

He was out of commission at the end of the season. I dont want him sitting out in the fantasy playoffs. I think Darrell Henderson is going to be a good piece of this offense too. Look how well CJA did.

1

 

Henderson was a great pick for the Rams because he projects to take right over for Gurley, however, I feel like their plan is to keep his legs fresh as long as possible. They might be a little more cautious with him, but I sense many are sleeping on a guy who will still be among the best this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

 

Henderson was a great pick for the Rams because he projects to take right over for Gurley, however, I feel like their plan is to keep GURLEYS legs fresh as long as possible. They might be a little more cautious with GURLEY, but I sense many are sleeping on GURLEY who will still be among the best this season. 

 

So...I tried to piece together what you were saying. I came to the bolded conclusion which I thought you meant (Correct me if I'm wrong) 

 

What is the % split for the RBs in this offense?

If you think they are going to lessen Gurleys load and give it to someone else, who else is the beneficiary? Brown? Henderson? J.Kelly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

 

So...I tried to piece together what you were saying. I came to the bolded conclusion which I thought you meant (Correct me if I'm wrong) 

 

What is the % split for the RBs in this offense?

If you think they are going to lessen Gurleys load and give it to someone else, who else is the beneficiary? Brown? Henderson? J.Kelly?

 

Indeed you bolded correctly.

I'm not sure who ultimately emerges behind Gurley this season, but with what they're having to pay Gurley and as good as he is, they're going to look to get every penny out of their investment. From a cap perspective they need to ride Gurley at least two more seasons... probably three. The Rams can't wear him out completely this year, but they need him on the field as long as he can possibly keep on keeping on.

Edited by Jags02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting...

Quote

Sean McVay said the rookie could inspire him to use more two-back sets than he has in his first two seasons in LA.

 

Is he talking about an old school pro-set? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jags02 said:

This is interesting...

 

Is he talking about an old school pro-set? 

 

This is the real source of your quote:

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-rams/post/_/id/40227/the-todd-gurley-insurance-policy-meet-darrell-henderson

McVay said that Henderson was a back who could prompt him to break from his almost singular use the past two seasons of his 11-personnel scheme (three receivers, one running back and one tight end) and that he could deploy more personnel groupings, perhaps to include two running backs, this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jags02 said:

Sean McVay said

I have to add that I don't attach too much value to what coaches say, especially in AprIk/May.

 

What they do is much more interesting, and drafting a RB in the 3rd round certainly could indicate that they're not 100% sure Gurley will be the same.

 

Take it how you will of course, but I'm still drafting Kamara ahead of Gurley (which was of course your starting question).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jags02 said:

 

Indeed you bolded correctly.

I'm not sure who ultimately emerges behind Gurley this season, but with what they're having to pay Gurley and as good as he is, they're going to look to get every penny out of their investment. From a cap perspective they need to ride Gurley at least two more seasons... probably three. The Rams can't wear him out completely this year, but they need him on the field as long as he can possibly keep on keeping on.

But hes locked in until 2022 i think,. After that they can cut him with like 4 mill in dead cap.

 

So id think they would platoon him to preserve him. Indeed hes a good player but we saw what CJA came in and did. I think its more the offense than the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

But hes locked in until 2022 i think,. After that they can cut him with like 4 mill in dead cap.

 

So id think they would platoon him to preserve him. Indeed hes a good player but we saw what CJA came in and did. I think its more the offense than the player.

 

If the want to squeeze every penny out or him, I'd think the best course is to limit his touches during the season. Most teams' goal is to win the SB, not the regular season.

Thats how I'd play it anyhow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this