smeeze

Brendan Rodgers 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Inb4 he only starts twice week and pinch hits because rockies

Was coming in to say the same thing :lol:

12 minutes ago, smeeze said:

giphy.gif

Is that Scottish soccer legend brandon Rogers?

Just now, Cesare13 said:

Is that Scottish soccer legend brandon Rogers?

brendan* and yes

I don't know if I'm sold on Rodgers.

his FB% in recent seasons has dropped.

17 AA- 44.8%. 18 AA- 38.3%. 18 AAA- 27.5%. 19 AAA- 30.0%

13 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

Trending upwards!   Id rather be wrong and drop him in a few weeks than be wrong and have to read about what a Beast and stud he is daily on these boards.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Is he on the same level as the other recent call ups? 

Potentially. His stock has cooled a bit, but at one point he was THE guy Colorado was waiting on and the reason Story wasn't going to be able to stick at shortstop.

25 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Accoriding to MLB rankings he’s the #10 prospect overall in baseball. Hiura was #15 and Riley #34.

• Like 1

I'm surprised this took so long to get a thread since I think the news broke sometime last night.  I didn't see it until about half hour ago either though.  By the time I realized he was already gone in half of my leagues.  Exciting time to be a baseball fan.

25 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

Whats the LD% look like

31 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Yes, he was a 3rd overall draft pick and 10th best prospect going into 2019 according to MLB rankings.  

April -  .315/.390/.609
May  -  .442/.489/.721

He earned his callup.

Like the player, hate this organization and how they handle young talent. It's pretty hard to believe he'll play every day (Dahl doesn't even) and the Rockies will find a way to render him useless in weeklies. He's too hot of a prospect to be wait-and-see, but I foresee frustrations with how he's handled.

Just now, TribeFoo said:

Like the player, hate this organization and how they handle young talent. It's pretty hard to believe he'll play every day (Dahl doesn't even) and the Rockies will find a way to render him useless in weeklies. He's too hot of a prospect to be wait-and-see, but I foresee frustrations with how he's handled.

Story played everyday. Arenado played everyday

2 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Story played everyday. Arenado played everyday

Different regime, though

I wouldn't get that hyped about this guy. Like said above, Rockies bring these guys up and always put them in a Util/PH role and don't provide enough ABs to have value. But, maybe this guy will be different

Regardless of playing time concerns, if the other big callups were must grabs in your league then this guy is too. There are permanent openings in the lineup for him to take if he can come out raking.

Posted (edited)

I think they’ll give him a chance with nearly everyday playing time in the beginning. 2B has been bad for the Rockies so he can always start there. Murphy and Story may need some rest with their injuries so that also creates room for Rodgers in the lineup. We’ll see how he does in the first week. The starting 2B job is his for the taking given the poor play of Hampson and McMahon. 

Edited by y2jbones

8 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

I wouldn't get that hyped about this guy. Like said above, Rockies bring these guys up and always put them in a Util/PH role and don't provide enough ABs to have value. But, maybe this guy will be different

Rodgers doesn't fit in with "these guys". He's been the #1 prospect in their minor league system for 4 years now. He has the best pedigree of any Rox prospect since Arenado, and that includes Story. I'm not saying he's going to be a stud or that he'll be treated differently, but he's different from a prospect standpoint than any other recent callups in their system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

What's the point in stating that you aren't going to get hyped about a guy?  He's clearly a special talent.  If you're not going to roster him because of what the Rockies did with McMahon that's pretty crazy.

I'm not too sure who the Rockies have screwed over development wise.  They were really bad with McMahon.  He's got opportunities to play and has stunk.  Hampson wasn't getting much playing time early on but then he did and was beyond terrible. Sitting a young LHB vs LHP happens all the time whether you agree with it or not.  Dahl has been sitting vs LHP lately, happens a lot with LHB.

RHB with this much talent do not gt stuck in platoons, especially not going to happen with McMahon only having slightly above a .600 OPS vs RHP.

• Like 2