Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Brendan Rodgers 2019 Outlook

This dude is a stud, he will be the everyday 2B if he plays good D. His bat will speak for itself. Grab him fast!, McMahon has proven he cannot play every day and Bud wants to set and forget.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

What's the point in stating that you aren't going to get hyped about a guy?  He's clearly a special talent.  If you're not going to roster him because of what the Rockies did with McMahon that's pretty crazy.

I'm not too sure who the Rockies have screwed over development wise.  They were really bad with McMahon.  He's got opportunities to play and has stunk.  Hampson wasn't getting much playing time early on but then he did and was beyond terrible. Sitting a young LHB vs LHP happens all the time whether you agree with it or not.  Dahl has been sitting vs LHP lately, happens a lot with LHB.

RHB with this much talent do not gt stuck in platoons, especially not going to happen with McMahon only having slightly above a .600 OPS vs RHP.

This is spot on with how I feel. There has been so much false info in this forum about how Rockies specs/rookies are handled. Blaming Bud for PT, front office for callups, etc. The simple truth is that their recent prospects have pretty much all sucked at the big league level. No recent player for the Rockies has been legitimately good and not played everyday.

McMahon: Garbage

Hampson: Garbage

Tapia: Playing a lot now because he's finally performing.

Dahl: Stud and has played pretty much everyday when healthy. Struggles against lefties as you said @MrBrown so might sit some against them.

Going back...

Story: Played everyday from day 1

Arenado: Played everyday from day 1

Blackmon: No idea where he came from but has played everyday since his breakout.

• Like 4

Dahl “struggles” against lefties?

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Dahl “struggles” against lefties?

That was my thought too.  He's been pretty good this year (near .300), and even last year was a small sample size of ABs against lefties (64) and he still hit 4 HRs off them.  The power may not be there like against RHPs, but I wouldn't say at all that he struggles.  I'd like to see how he does with full-time ABs against them.  Anyway, didn't intend to derail this towards Dahl, but that's what I see.  Rodgers should be playing everyday methinks.

• Like 1

David Dahl 

ryan McMahon 

“Tough” Tom murphy

ramiel tapia

Garrett hampson

jordan Patterson 

were hitting prospects yanked around by the Rockies.  Tough to gauge pitching prospects due to their home field but some of them were yanked around too.  If story doesn’t come up like a house on fire he’s probably getting the ole platoon with Patty Barrels too

Looks like Blackmon's younger brother....(scruffy)...

Gotta grab him in 12+ team redraft leagues....of course in dynasty/keeper formats (where he may already be owned).

The Yahoo article called him the "crown jewel" out of Story, Dahl, Tapia and Mcmahon.  A few years ago, Dahl was called their best prospect in a really long time, way better than Blackmon, so this is exciting at the very least.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:23 AM, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Is he on the same level as the other recent call ups? 

1. You're going to have to be a littttttle more specific

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

1. You're going to have to be a littttttle more specific

I take it he means MLB's recent call a binge for example

Austin Riley

Nick senzel

Michael Chavis

Keston hiura 

Etc. Etc. Etc. 

Probably looking for a comp I'd say he's higher-ranked than any of them on MLB pipeline and has been since coming into the league the Rockies number one Prospect so depending on your league I definitely throw a dart with him

4 minutes ago, bugkilla said:

I take it he means MLB's recent call a binge for example

Austin Riley

Nick senzel

Michael Chavis

Keston hiura 

Etc. Etc. Etc. 

Probably looking for a comp I'd say he's higher-ranked than any of them on MLB pipeline and has been since coming into the league the Rockies number one Prospect so depending on your league I definitely throw a dart with him

Its probable that 1 will be a fantasy stud this year and a top 30 type in next years draft.  1 will be a post hype sleeper in 3 years. 1 will be perfectly serviceable but nothing special. And 1 will be universally dropped in a few weeks and never heard from again. Impossible to tell which is which despite all of them being “can’t miss” .Such is the life of prospect hounding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

The Rockies twitter is one of the better ones in the league. Grade A material. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blinkfan77 said:

60601935_1264105113740569_78808508502334

Feels great, don't it?!

What does the S mean?

1-8, 4 Ks to start his MLB career.  I guess everyone can't race out the gate like Riley.  Just hope the Rox give him a fair chance to establish himself at 2B before putting their other scrubs back in there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yceman1234 said:

1-8, 4 Ks to start his MLB career.  I guess everyone can't race out the gate like Riley.  Just hope the Rox give him a fair chance to establish himself at 2B before putting their other scrubs back in there.

Yeah let's hope so. Nola with a career high 12 Ks today. Rodgers wasn't the only one fanning.

• Like 1