smeeze

Brendan Rodgers 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Sure, let's see more of Ryan McMahon.  No need to play Rodgers today.

Welcome to Colorado. Dahl sat three straight games last week. This is what they do.

Yea this is not good.  Rodgers looked really bad yesterday and if they don't let him play everyday it'll be hard for him to get going.

Was kind of expecting a day off to be honest. Granted the whole lineup looked bad against Nola, but it's probably for the best to give him a day to clear his head since he hasn't been great from the start

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Yea this is not good.  Rodgers looked really bad yesterday and if they don't let him play everyday it'll be hard for him to get going.

In Rodgers defense, Nola was making just about everyone look bad yesterday. Still, it’s gotta be frustrating getting a seat for someone who’s had the first month and half to prove already theY aren’t very good.

Fully prepare for him to be mothballed now, ugh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Fully prepare for him to be mothballed now, ugh.

I don’t think he’s startable in weekly leagues this week after this.

15 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I don’t think he’s startable in weekly leagues this week after this.

Nope, definitely not.  

Posted (edited)

Not in the starting lineup tonight. Wow...

1. Charlie Blackmon (L) RF

2. Trevor Story (R) SS

3. David Dahl (L) LF

4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B

5. Ryan McMahon (L) 2B

6. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B

7. Ian Desmond (R) CF

8. Tony Wolters (L) C

9. German Marquez (R) P

Edited by MrBrown
  • Sad 2

seems like teams are bringing up talented prospects playing them for a little then sending them back down when they stop producing.  If you're playing time is irregular it's hard  to get a rhythm in order to keep producing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

2. Trevor Story (R) SS

3. David Dahl (L) LF

4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B

5. Ryan McMahon (L) 2B

6. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B

7. Ian Desmond (R) CF

8. Tony Wolters (L) C

9. German Marquez (R) P

It’ll give McMahon another day to hit two more dingers! They’re going to feast off Archer.

11 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

2. Trevor Story (R) SS

3. David Dahl (L) LF

4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B

5. Ryan McMahon (L) 2B

6. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B

7. Ian Desmond (R) CF

8. Tony Wolters (L) C

9. German Marquez (R) P

Is anybody really surprised by this??? The Rockies doing Rockies things...

• Like 1

My guess is eventually Murphy goes the bench, McMahon slides to first which is his natural position, and Rodgers plays at 2B.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, B&F said:

My guess is eventually Murphy goes the bench, McMahon slides to first which is his natural position, and Rodgers plays at 2B.

Don't like the idea of having to wait for the Rockies to decide to bench Murphy.  They don't move fast at that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Murphy is a stud so he isn’t moving to the bench permanently. It sucks that his injury is hampering his ability so far and the Rockies chose to have him play through it instead of heal fully. He will eventually get healthy and crush the ball. The best scenario for Rodgers playing time rest of season is that he hits well and wins the starting 2B job. In the short-term, maybe they keep Murphy as a part-time player and start both Rodgers and McMahon. Hopefully Rodgers is given a decent chance to show that he’s a better option than McMahon. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, B&F said:

That's simply not going to happen. If it were any other team maybe, but it's the Rockies

They have a 2yr commitment to Murphy so yea that's not happening.  And still wouldn't make sense to call up Rodgers if they're not ready to make that decision.  2B job is wide open and makes absolutely no sense to be starting McMahon there now.

This is comical. Way to go Rox. Decision making skills below average. 

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

Dale Murphy was a stud (Daniel is not) but he isn’t moving to the bench permanently. It sucks that his injury is hampering his ability so far and the Rockies chose to have him play through it instead of heal fully. He will eventually get healthy and crush the ball. The best scenario for Rodgers playing time rest of season is that he hits well and wins the starting 2B job. In the short-term, maybe they keep Murphy as a part-time player and start both Rodgers and McMahon. Hopefully Rodgers is given a decent chance to show that he’s a better option than McMahon. 

Fixed the beginning for ya, rest looks good.

• Haha 1

Dale was a really good player on a terrible team. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yea I never understood what GMs, scouts, fans, woman (or men), or anyone ever saw in Daniel anyways. So he was alright at 2B. We all know that 2B is where the worst infielder with the weakest arm plays, that is all.

Edited by Fantasy_Goat
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

Yea I never understood what GMs, scouts, fans, woman (or men), or anyone ever saw in Daniel anyways. So he was alright at 2B. We all know that 2B is where the worst infielder with the weakest arm plays, that is all.

He had 2 good years with the Nats a while back and is 34 now.  He's a fine player, but nothing special.  Still don't know how any of this will factor into Rodgers's playing time.  Doesn't make any sense to call him up and sit him behind McMahon, unless they just want to get him some ABs against lefties in a platoon.  Whatever the reasons, I don't approve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

They have a 2yr commitment to Murphy so yea that's not happening.  And still wouldn't make sense to call up Rodgers if they're not ready to make that decision.  2B job is wide open and makes absolutely no sense to be starting McMahon there now.

It's a bit much to say it makes no sense. It's an open fight for second right now between those two. If McMahon rakes it's hard to justify benching him. If (when) Ryan falters this will sort itself out. I get the frustration and I'm sure Colorado will inevitably screw this up, but I don't have an issue with their handling of this so far. 

1 hour ago, Watermock said:

This is comical. Way to go Rox. Decision making skills below average. 

If you listen to Bud Black he continually emphasizes the importance of balancing ABs and days off with a young players development. Rodgers will play but anyone expecting full time ABs because of prospect status was ignoring Blacks modus operandi 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

It's a bit much to say it makes no sense. It's an open fight for second right now between those two. If McMahon rakes it's hard to justify benching him. If (when) Ryan falters this will sort itself out. I get the frustration and I'm sure Colorado will inevitably screw this up, but I don't have an issue with their handling of this so far. 

Prior to Rodgers callup, McMahon started just 5 of their last 10 games.  Now they call up one of the best prospects in baseball and they're having an open competition for 2B?  There was plenty of time to just let McMahon play everyday, instead of splitting starts with combination of Valaika and Hampson.  You don't call up a prospect like Rodgers and then do stuff like this.  Rockies are already screwing him.  This is beyond stupid.

28 minutes ago, Magoo said:

If you listen to Bud Black he continually emphasizes the importance of balancing ABs and days off with a young players development. Rodgers will play but anyone expecting full time ABs because of prospect status was ignoring Blacks modus operandi 

lmao at Bud Black babbling about how to manage a players development.  Most of the development is done, they made it to the show.  Now you put them in the lineup.  Rodgers will now have 3 off days and sat the last 2 games.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 3