Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Brendan Rodgers 2019 Outlook

Single..single..(both of the infield variety)..double..K..K. Got picked off on 3b as well. Strange start for this fella.

2 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Welp, that was fun.  Bud says back to the bench next game..

It's really only the sensible thing. Can't let these young guys get too entitled here. 

3 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Welp, that was fun.  Bud says back to the bench next game..

It's all part of the development process.  He'll be back in there Sunday.  It's actually genius.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alisgodnow said:

In the lineup batting 7th... cheer up fellas

I will when he gets 2B eligibility 

• Like 1

Do anyone watch him today and if so how did he look? Any guesses on he future playing time? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

Do anyone watch him today and if so how did he look? Any guesses on he future playing time? 

Not mocking you because I do believe that's an honest and fair question.  However, you don't want any part of Bud Black's smoke when it comes to playing time.  See threads on:

- Dahl
- Hampson
- McMahon
- Murphy
- Tapia

It's been a season-long cycle of mystery and bewilderment that spins itself into a wheel that even Daenarys Targaryen can't break.

Edited by Blight
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2019 at 6:23 PM, Blight said:

Not mocking you because I do believe that's an honest and fair question.  However, you don't want any part of Bud Black's smoke when it comes to playing time.  See threads on:

- Dahl
- Hampson
- McMahon
- Murphy
- Tapia

It's been a season-long cycle of mystery and bewilderment that spins itself into a wheel that even Daenarys Targaryen can't break.

First and foremost, youre 100% right about smoke and playing time.  But this is probably the highest touted of the mentioned prospects and one of these days a rockies prospect is going to pan out and dammit,hes gonna be on my team when it happens.  Playing time is uncertain,but if forces the situation,i want a frpnt row seat. Certainly worth holding over a mediochre accumulatoe type if possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

out of the line up today lol

I was curious if this was going to happen. Bat has been excellent, but he made a couple of defensive miscues and ran into a 3rd out at 3rd base on a bad baserunning mistake last night.

I'm not saying I'd have him on the bench, just to clarify. But I'm not surprised to see the Rockies put him there.

• Like 1

Frustrated Rodgers got benched but that’s ok I had another player go in that slot. I don’t understand the logic of benching a .333 hitter but I guess it boils down to...

Black’s Vets Matter 

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on him yet? Still hasnt hit a HR yet where was all this power I heard of

26 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on him yet? Still hasnt hit a HR yet where was all this power I heard of

He has elite bat to ball contact skills but I’ve never heard of him having “all of this HR power”

31 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Nope. You're not the only one. High prospect. Plays in Coors. Daily league so I can swap him out when he sits. Giddy up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Personally, I’m a person that sets rules and expectations for my teams. Being a principled man, anyone that goes 30 ABs without a jack is shown the door. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Personally, I’m a person that sets rules and expectations for my teams. Being a principled man, anyone that goes 30 ABs without a jack is shown the door. 

Amateur.  I give them 10.

• Haha 1

Hasn’t set the world on fire, but he really hasn’t disappointed.  Maybe black is trying to have an in season competition. If rogers gets hot and runs away with the Job you’ll be pissed if he’s on someone else’s team.  In the meantime, he’s a look see project.  Sometimes your projects pan out, sometimes they don’t.  Rogers was one of the best options for a project before the season began (if he got past the massive hurdle of McMahon and Hampson) Nothing has changed that.  Eloy, lad and Robles were drafted as probable starters.

• Like 1

The Rockies should be sitting Rodgers as frequently as they have to date; the converted shortstop has been shaky at second base, but he's still easily the team's best bet to solidify the position this season. He's 10-for-32 with six RBI since being called up.

Rotoworld blurb. “Should be sitting...” WTF!? Is this writer from Fox News?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bluntbros said:

The Rockies should be sitting Rodgers as frequently as they have to date; the converted shortstop has been shaky at second base, but he's still easily the team's best bet to solidify the position this season. He's 10-for-32 with six RBI since being called up.

Rotoworld blurb. “Should be sitting...” WTF!? Is this writer from Fox News?

Based on the context of that blurb, I’m assuming it’s a typo and they meant “shouldn’t”. 

• Like 2

Maybe that Drew Silva acolyte really favors defense?