Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Brendan Rodgers 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Single..single..(both of the infield variety)..double..K..K. Got picked off on 3b as well. Strange start for this fella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Welp, that was fun.  Bud says back to the bench next game..

 

It's really only the sensible thing. Can't let these young guys get too entitled here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Welp, that was fun.  Bud says back to the bench next game..

It's all part of the development process.  He'll be back in there Sunday.  It's actually genius.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alisgodnow said:

In the lineup batting 7th... cheer up fellas

 

I will when he gets 2B eligibility 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do anyone watch him today and if so how did he look? Any guesses on he future playing time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

Do anyone watch him today and if so how did he look? Any guesses on he future playing time? 

 

Not mocking you because I do believe that's an honest and fair question.  However, you don't want any part of Bud Black's smoke when it comes to playing time.  See threads on:

- Dahl
- Hampson
- McMahon
- Murphy
- Tapia

It's been a season-long cycle of mystery and bewilderment that spins itself into a wheel that even Daenarys Targaryen can't break.

Edited by Blight
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 6:23 PM, Blight said:

 

Not mocking you because I do believe that's an honest and fair question.  However, you don't want any part of Bud Black's smoke when it comes to playing time.  See threads on:

- Dahl
- Hampson
- McMahon
- Murphy
- Tapia

It's been a season-long cycle of mystery and bewilderment that spins itself into a wheel that even Daenarys Targaryen can't break.

First and foremost, youre 100% right about smoke and playing time.  But this is probably the highest touted of the mentioned prospects and one of these days a rockies prospect is going to pan out and dammit,hes gonna be on my team when it happens.  Playing time is uncertain,but if forces the situation,i want a frpnt row seat. Certainly worth holding over a mediochre accumulatoe type if possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

out of the line up today lol

 

I was curious if this was going to happen. Bat has been excellent, but he made a couple of defensive miscues and ran into a 3rd out at 3rd base on a bad baserunning mistake last night.

I'm not saying I'd have him on the bench, just to clarify. But I'm not surprised to see the Rockies put him there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrated Rodgers got benched but that’s ok I had another player go in that slot. I don’t understand the logic of benching a .333 hitter but I guess it boils down to...

Black’s Vets Matter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on him yet? Still hasnt hit a HR yet where was all this power I heard of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on him yet? Still hasnt hit a HR yet where was all this power I heard of

 

He has elite bat to ball contact skills but I’ve never heard of him having “all of this HR power”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on him yet? Still hasnt hit a HR yet where was all this power I heard of

Nope. You're not the only one. High prospect. Plays in Coors. Daily league so I can swap him out when he sits. Giddy up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on him yet? Still hasnt hit a HR yet where was all this power I heard of

 

Personally, I’m a person that sets rules and expectations for my teams. Being a principled man, anyone that goes 30 ABs without a jack is shown the door. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

 

Personally, I’m a person that sets rules and expectations for my teams. Being a principled man, anyone that goes 30 ABs without a jack is shown the door. 

 

Amateur.  I give them 10.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn’t set the world on fire, but he really hasn’t disappointed.  Maybe black is trying to have an in season competition. If rogers gets hot and runs away with the Job you’ll be pissed if he’s on someone else’s team.  In the meantime, he’s a look see project.  Sometimes your projects pan out, sometimes they don’t.  Rogers was one of the best options for a project before the season began (if he got past the massive hurdle of McMahon and Hampson) Nothing has changed that.  Eloy, lad and Robles were drafted as probable starters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rockies should be sitting Rodgers as frequently as they have to date; the converted shortstop has been shaky at second base, but he's still easily the team's best bet to solidify the position this season. He's 10-for-32 with six RBI since being called up.

 

Rotoworld blurb. “Should be sitting...” WTF!? Is this writer from Fox News?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluntbros said:

The Rockies should be sitting Rodgers as frequently as they have to date; the converted shortstop has been shaky at second base, but he's still easily the team's best bet to solidify the position this season. He's 10-for-32 with six RBI since being called up.

 

Rotoworld blurb. “Should be sitting...” WTF!? Is this writer from Fox News?

 

Based on the context of that blurb, I’m assuming it’s a typo and they meant “shouldn’t”. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe that Drew Silva acolyte really favors defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.