Sign in to follow this  
n00chness

Zach Davies 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Picked him up to stream today and he produced another quality start - has been lights out this year at least for ERA, maybe not so much WHIP, and he's not missing many bats - very average K/IP ratios. That said, the W's and ERA are much appreciated. A keeper? 

Edited by n00chness

He sits there staring at me on the Waiver Wire in every league I am in, and I just cannot get myself to pick him up.

I'll get the obvious statement out of the way and predict regression, but it is not as though he has not been a usable arm in the past.  Lack of K's is alarming but he could settle in as a 3.50-3.75 ERA guy with a workable WHIP and the Brewers should win plenty.  I'd want high K guys in front of him; with those he could be the ideal SP5 or SP6.

I feel like I should start him over slumping Arrieta for next week but I’m afraid it will backfire.

I like him..he's done this against the Dodgers (2), Cubs (2), STL, PHI, COL...so 7 of his 9 starts against teams in the upper half of runs scored in the NL.  I'd probably still spot him against some of the lesser teams of the league, but worth a roster spot.

Davies isn't a high-K guy, but if that's a strength of yours he could be a nice complementary piece for your squad. I have a bevy of high K/9 guys so he fits right in. He's won me three games in 35 IP, with 1.54 ERA 1.11 WHIP. Regression coming? Sure. But he's going to have to earn his way out of my rotation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, n00chness said:
19 minutes ago, rando said:

Davies isn't a high-K guy, but if that's a strength of yours he could be a nice complementary piece for your squad. I have a bevy of high K/9 guys so he fits right in. He's won me three games in 35 IP, with 1.54 ERA 1.11 WHIP. Regression coming? Sure. But he's going to have to earn his way out of my rotation.

I'm in the same boat - a bevy of high draft capital high-K guys who are prone to blow-ups and seem unable to collect W's.