Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

Nola or MadBum ros?? whir

Been offered 2 trades:

#1: MadBum, G Holland, & J Nelson for Nola & Stripling - Would probably drop Winker, if I accept this deal. 

#2: Madbum, G Holland, & R Hill for Nola. Not really sold on Hill this year, even though I have Stripling.

I actually like MadBum & would even more if he gets traded to a contender soon. I do need a decent RP, as I only have Iglesias.

Nola has been frustrating, but understand the potential. LAD has not used Stripling at all in the past 10-12 days. Stay patient with Nola or take 1 of the offers? 

I like the 1st trade better than the 2nd. Mad Bum will get you high strikeouts. The ERA will improve. However may not get you a lot of wins being with the aguanta. Secondly if you need a closer, Holland has a pretty solid role for now. And then jimmy hasn’t played in almost 2 years but he was breaking out before he got hurt. You’re getting 3 players for basically one as who knows when stripling will ever pitch. If you need the candidates and the closer, I’d do it. If not hold on to Nola.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

as a owner with couple shares of madbum id probably pass on nola 1 for 1 so getting hill and Holland back is a nice win imo. I think hill will get it going soon. (until he gets inj again)

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Thanks 1

Nola has a higher upside. Problem is he doesn't have a super long track record of being a best-in-majors pitcher.  So I'd say gamble on Nola if you really need to swing for the fences, but I think MadBum will have the safer floor. 

• Thanks 1

I would not do 2. It is close but not sold on Holland as a closer as good as he used to be. I am pretty sure there is someone in your league who believes Nola to be a "buy low"

Even if not, I think you need a younger/more reliable player back in addition to MadBum. Not a star or anything but a Hicks/Felipe Vazquez/Aroldis/Hand/Doolittle level reliever OR a Montas/Weaver/Musgrove type starter plus MadBum should be expected based on name value I think. If not, maybe consider 2 if you really do think Holland keeps the job because I do expect Rich Hill to right the ship before getting hurt again.

• Thanks 1

I personally would try to ride the ship with Nola... he may not have the track record, but he plays for a good team, pitches in a pretty safe division, and I am of the opinion he will get it together soon. I worry about Bumgardner--at the same time, I could see a trade that helps jumpstart his career ala Verlander-to-Houston...

• Thanks 1