Sign in to follow this  
b0x

Help my dead team. What do I do with Votto?

My team is totally dead already. I am in last place in literally every single hitting category. 6x6 roto (OBP, HLD) 8 team league.

I took SP with 3 of my first 4 picks (deGrom, Sale, Cole), but took hitters with the next 9 picks: Machado, Rendon, Votto, Albies, Vlad Jr, Nelson Cruz, Mitch Haniger, Juston Upton, Conforto.

I missed on literally all of them. They have all been junk. Haniger and Conforto have already been dropped.

I dont think its salvageable. It is an 8 team league. I am 21.5 points BEHIND 7th place. That is not a typo. I am a mere 49 pts out of first place.

Should I drop Votto?

I got offered a trade of my Votto and Chris Sale for their Jose Ramirez and Madison Bumgarner. Should I do that? Votta and Ramirez have both been trash. Sale start off weak but has been amazing lately, while bumgarner has been serviceable. I think ramirez has a better chance to turn his season around than Votto, but the drop off from Sale to Bumgarner is pretty big.

With regards to the trade I would take it. Yes Ramirez has been struggling but he has top five overall upside and is still on the right side of the aging curve. I think we are going to look at this as the season Votto turned into Joe Mauer. 

I do have to say it feels like you have an awfully quick trigger finger. Pretty early in the season to say a player is / is not “trash” and dropping Conforto especially seems pretty rash. 

That said I think where you are makes it tough to think about winning but with a good second half you could have a top 4 finish.

thoughts on mine:

I hear what you're saying (re: Conforto), but he got ice cold and I was trying to stop the bleeding (it hasnt worked). I also say they have been trash this year, not they are trash. All of them have failed to live up to expectations to a huge degree up to this point in the season. I am leaning towards taking the trade, if for no other reason than to shake things up.

You dropped Haniger and Conforto?! Cold streaks happen and that’s just a terrible move. You need to be patient that’s all. 

Keep Votto, and re-pickup Haginer & Conforto drop some mt