Sign in to follow this  
mudrummer

Fielding offers for Austin Riley

I picked up Austin Riley in my league and have an owner who seems to be very interested in him. So far he has offered:

Heyward for Riley

Desmond + Loasiaga for Riley

Heyward + Desmond for riley

I have turned down each of these offers. Earlier this season I sent him Josh Bell for Jose Peraza - this was before Bell broke out but obviously that one didn’t work well for me. I’m open to loving Riley but don’t want to ignore the upside he has. Two offers I am considering are:

Riley for Pham or

Riley + Posey for Gary Sanchez would love thoughts on either of these. Leave a link and I will do my best to help on yours! 

I like the Gary Sanchez offer personally.  Even more so if you are already set at 3B/OF

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like both of your counters personally. Probably like the Sanchez deal as you'd be upgrading a lot of of power at a position it's hard to find these days. Depends on your team needs though, not sure what your roster looks like. 

Edited by tonywow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I like both of your counters personally. Probably like the Sanchez deal as you'd be upgrading a lot of of power at a position it's hard to find these days. Depends on your team needs though, not sure what your roster looks like. 

Thanks - my OF is a bit thin as I have Conforto now on the IL:

OF is: JD Martinez, Rosario, Mazara, Conforto, Soto, Dyson, Dietrich, Peraza, Dickerson (IL) in general I am ok on power but hurting on speed. 

My catching is Posey, McCann, Suzuki so Sanchez would definitely be an upgrade. 

Part of me just wants to sit tight and see what Riley does but if I can upgrade I am open to it.

IMO, both Sanchez and Pham are significant upgrades over Riley ROS. Sanchez is a huge upgrade for you at C, but if you need speed then Pham's your man. They're both pretty close value-wise for me, so if you think Posey bounces back some (he's not going to stay this bad, surely?) and can be patient for another couple weeks to see if he does, then pull the trigger on Pham. If you're getting impatient with no production out of your Cs, then make the trade for Sanchez and think about dealing for speed? I'd go Pham myself, but wouldn't blame you for picking Sanchez instead.

Help here? 

• Like 1

I like both of your counter offers. If he doesn't bite, I would still work on it. If someone is that eager they (usually) will eventually pay up.

• Like 1

I really like the Sanchez deal if you can pull it off. Pham wouldn't be a bad consolation either. I'm actually not so high on Pham but he'd still be an upgrade over Riley.

• Like 1

I'm good with the Sanchez offer. 

• Like 1

If you own Riley? Stay put and move mt for the likes of Pham/Heyward 

• Like 1

Completed a trade - after talking to the owner landed on this:

I give Buster Posey + Austin Riley

I get: Gary Sanchez + Hunter Pence

He actually threw in Hunter Pence but I believe in some of his improvements this year so was happy to get him. I think there is every chance I just traded away this years Juan Soto but I felt taking the chance at a catcher upgrade was worthwhile.