Sign in to follow this  
Josean Pelota

Should I make this trade offer? (WHIR)

I am thinking of the following trade proposal below. What do you think?

send: Voit, Eflin, and Robles

get: Merrifield and Marquez

My thinking is the other team has Merrifield as a 1B, and Marquez has been struggling lately but his peripherals suggest he should recover. He is also holding on to Allen, hoping against hope. On the other hand, I have Voit, whom I do believe in, but he's very streaky (and his track record isn't exactly years long), and I'd rather Merrifield over LaStella ROS.  (Don't get me wrong, LaStella has very good peripherals this year, but he doesn't have a history of such power, or a track record of fantasy relevance).  And Eflin has better numbers now but his peripherals (mediocre K rate, low BABIP, high LOB rate) lead to a FIP and XFIP. 

12-team, 10-cat, h2h, redraft. 

C – Realmuto; 1B – Voit; 2B – LaStella; SS – Trea; 3B – Suarez; OF – Springer,  A.Jones, Mallex; Util – Rizzo; Bench – Alvarez

IL – Stanton, Conforto

SP – Caleb, Castillo, Eflin, Gibson, Matz, Quintana, Weave
RP – Hicks, Holland, Jackson, Robles, Vazquez

I think it’s a solid offer if you think the team is willing to part with Merrifield. You have Rizzo to slide into 1B if the deal goes through and Robles is no big loss as I don’t believe he holds on to the closer gig for that long. It will be a fluid situation in LA, one I have chosen to avoid. Give it a shot and see what they say. Merrifield would be a nice get for you and Marquez is solid. Thanks for the help on mine.