Fuzzy_Slippers

5/19 - GAME DAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

Any clues who the bulk reliever for the Yankees will be? Chad Green is the opener but can't find info on who would follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Any clues who the bulk reliever for the Yankees will be? Chad Green is the opener but can't find info on who would follow. 

Some combo of Kahnle, Cessa, Holder or Otto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Any clues who the bulk reliever for the Yankees will be? Chad Green is the opener but can't find info on who would follow. 

Who knows, who cares.  The game could be lost in the 1st inning with Chad Green starting it.  And then they have a special Luis Cessa to back him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go foltynewicz.....  help me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Some combo of Kahnle, Cessa, Holder or Otto

 

Hmm some solid options but no clear guy, a bad opener, and tough opponent. Oh well...

 

25 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Who knows, who cares.  The game could be lost in the 1st inning with Chad Green starting it.  And then they have a special Luis Cessa to back him up.

 

Right now my waivers look like last call at a fat camp cotillion.  Just vetting the options friendo.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Any clues who the bulk reliever for the Yankees will be? Chad Green is the opener but can't find info on who would follow. 

maybe chance adams if hes still up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

 

Hmm some solid options but no clear guy, a bad opener, and tough opponent. Oh well...

 

 

Right now my waivers look like last call at a fat camp cotillion.  Just vetting the options friendo.  

I know and meant no disrespect to you.  But as a diehard Yankees fan its frustrating to see when going against the 1st place Rays in the rubber match of the series.

Chance Adams could get the opportunity to pitch most of the innings.  I'm so sick of Cessa so I hope not him.  Adams may actually be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

maybe chance adams if hes still up

I forgot about Chance. He may be the 2-3 inning guy after Green then Cessa and Kahnle getting an inning a piece. Would any of you actually start Green? I have him as a MR for K’s and ratios but I don’t think I want to start him today. High risk and low reward 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll only go an inning or two at best, so I would probably keep him benched. I would also look elsewhere for ratios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I forgot about Chance. He may be the 2-3 inning guy after Green then Cessa and Kahnle getting an inning a piece. Would any of you actually start Green? I have him as a MR for K’s and ratios but I don’t think I want to start him today. High risk and low reward 

 

Yikes how is that working out?

In these situations it's best to go for the 2nd "bulk" reliever. Officially if the starter/opener doesn't go 5 innings (even if he leaves with the lead) the W is awarded to the "most effective" reliever that follows if the team has the lead.  Typically that is the second guy up that pitches 3ish innings (eg Chirinos and Beeks in TB).

Obviously you have to look at the quality of opener and quality of the opponent, but still it's a sneaky strategy to get some cheap wins since the reliever in question only needs to be effective for a few innings to get a W.

ross.jpg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denbo32 said:

Go foltynewicz.....  help me....

My H2H oppenent is starting him......you're good.  Fully expecting a QS with 10+Ks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winds projected to be blowing out to left 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40.  Reynaldo on the bump. 

I'm not sitting Vlad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Who knows, who cares.  The game could be lost in the 1st inning with Chad Green starting it.  And then they have a special Luis Cessa to back him up.

Because the Bulk guy usually vultures a win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Because the Bulk guy usually vultures a win?

You've been watching too much Rays baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got flaherty and woodruff going.  had to stream quantrill as well.

 

I'm already losing ERA/WHIP/L's so yolo...right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

You've been watching too much Rays baseball.

Or anyone with openers who have dedicated bulk guys? Walden has 5 Wins, Gaviligo and Beeks have 3. Doesn't move the needle in 10 teamers, but in deeper formats its something of interest for streaming. Finding W's without risking your ratio's as much as the fringy SP on the WW.

Edited by Slatykamora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Or anyone with openers who have dedicated bulk guys? Walden has 5 Wins, Gaviligo and Beeks have 3. Doesn't move the needle in 10 teamers, but in deeper formats its something of interest for streaming. Finding W's without risking your ratio's as much as the fringy SP on the WW.

its a lso good in points leagues with sp limits. you can have these guys in a sp slot when you dont have starters going and its like free points and doesnt count against the limit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treat88 said:

Winds projected to be blowing out to left 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40.  Reynaldo on the bump. 

I'm not sitting Vlad. 

 

I'm seeing 15 mph cross winds on dailybaseballdata. 

 

Wind: 
SSW 15 mph
e.gif
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sale and Syndergaard going... happy Sunday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Hmm. Not sure which is right, but this makes me think about sitting Lopez, even if Toronto has a pathetic offense.

 

He's such an extreme flyball pitcher, if wind's blowing out, you're shaking hands with danger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...