Fuzzy_Slippers

5/19 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, BMcP said:

Grabbing his back during AB

Ohh, you're speculating? (not trying to sound rude--just wondering and I just now popped the game on)

I just acquired him in a megadeal and any injury would probably sink my season.

Sale is looking nasty again.

From one scrub (Green) to another (Cortez)  Great plan Yankees. sigh

3-run HR...sigh predictable.  Well done idiot Yankees

6 minutes ago, nlm said:

Ohh, you're speculating? (not trying to sound rude--just wondering and I just now popped the game on)

I just acquired him in a megadeal and any injury would probably sink my season.

The whole NESN crew was talking about it throughout the AB and wondering if he would take the field

• Like 1

Callaway needs to go after this game. If anyone is bored enough to be watching this crap game, then you can tell the team doesn't care. The defense this half inning says it all!

• Like 1

god, Tyler White looks worthless.

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Callaway needs to go after this game. If anyone is bored enough to be watching this crap game, then you can tell the team doesn't care. The defense this half inning says it all!

he needs to go before the game ends . leaving cano  i after not running out a double play ball should be the last straw

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

he needs to go before the game ends . leaving cano  i after not running out a double play ball should be the last straw

He gets the lineups from Brodie! This entire thing is toxic... it's unbelievable because now they actually have some players but there's no one capable of managing them!

Posted (edited)

Alcantara makes me nucking futs.  You are a big league pitcher with a cannon arm dude. Just throw strikes and you can do this all day long every day. 

OK, Mets lineup and all I get it. 

Edited by treat88

20 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The whole NESN crew was talking about it throughout the AB and wondering if he would take the field

His AB just now looked pretty awkward...

Yeah, the Mets' game today is an embarrassment.  Alcantara is looking like he's going to end up with a CG shutout and might not even get to 100 pitches.  He's awful, walks a ton, but they are making him look like a Cy Young candidate.  The only saving grace is I didn't watch the game to see Pete Alonso do nothing.

I bet Thor isn't happy though since he should have cruised to a victory.

Hicksie!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Or anyone with openers who have dedicated bulk guys? Walden has 5 Wins, Gaviligo and Beeks have 3. Doesn't move the needle in 10 teamers, but in deeper formats its something of interest for streaming. Finding W's without risking your ratio's as much as the fringy SP on the WW.

2 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

its a lso good in points leagues with sp limits. you can have these guys in a sp slot when you dont have starters going and its like free points and doesnt count against the limit

Exactly why wins are such a lousy fantasy category, and thats coming from someone who (like most everyone here) plays in a bunch of leagues that count W's. So arbitrary 

Jose Ramirez is 0/3 with the Indians putting up 5 runs. This guy still sucks.

Awesome week from Daniel Murphy. 0 for 9 plus a bunch of splinters in his a**.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Exactly why wins are such a lousy fantasy category, and thats coming from someone who (like most everyone here) plays in a bunch of leagues that count W's. So arbitrary 

Not to mention how in so many games pitchers can pitch great and either get no run support or have their bullpen blow the lead, no matter how good they pitch or how good their team is supposed to be.  Blake Snell is 3-4, who's been every bit as good as he was last season (arguably even better) outside of his 2 start blip after his toe injury.  Not a big fan of being in a QS league given I'm more of an old-school fantasy baseball player, but it's getting to the point where having Wins as a category is more frustrating than it's worth.

Today, Thor is another victim of the BS of this season...

• Like 1

I will third Wins sucking as a category in any way representative of a pitchers talent, skill, or performance. 

I think Freddie Freeman might be what the kids call "en fuego"

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 out of 3 starts that Reynoldo can't K anyone. Literally no value without Ks