Fuzzy_Slippers

5/19 - GAME DAY THREAD

Is there any hope for Jackie Bradley?  Anytime I think he can't get worse, he does.

6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Is there any hope for Jackie Bradley?  Anytime I think he can't get worse, he does.

none.

Chavis looks pretty good in the leadoff spot against lefties. Any talk of this becoming a thing? Benintendi has an 82wRC+ against lefties.

9 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

McMahon trying his best to hold onto his job.

He has actually shown a pulse of late when he's in there.  He shouldn't face too many lefties this week either, aside from the first game back home against Baltimore and who knows who the Pirates will start in their one game (possible opener game again I suppose given they have nobody scheduled for Wednesday's game).

My team is stinking today but Byron Buxton hasn't had an AB yet. 

1 minute ago, Kramjam24 said:

Anyone got any info on Padres game?

It should be starting in a few minutes...

44 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Still waiting for the "inevitable" hot streak to bring him back up over .215BA to help balance out all the awfulness he's contributed to my team in roto.  Starting to feel like it's never coming any the only inevitability is that he goes off the moment I drop him.

15 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

So who is closing for the Red Sox after Barnes went in 8th?

Workman got the save today.

2 hours ago, FritzLn said:

2 out of 3 starts that Reynoldo can't K anyone. Literally no value without Ks

You just have a helluva pitching staff if starts like that provide no value to you.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea how stats for suspended games are treated?  Say if the athletics end up winning this suspended game versus the tigers ..... will a fiers win get retroactively applied to this week’s matchup?

9 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Anyone have any idea how stats for suspended games are treated?  Say if the athletics end up winning this suspended game versus the tigers ..... will a fiers win get retroactively applied to this week’s matchup?

I believe so. The stats won't show up until September when they had to do a stat correction, but you'll still get all the stats, but it will take awhile.

17 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Not the answer to your question but here is some more info:

Here are the rules for a suspended game, according to Major League Baseball’s rules:

“A suspended game shall be resumed at the exact point of suspension of the original game. The lineup and batting order of both teams shall be exactly the same as the lineup and batting order at the moment of suspension, subject to the rules governing substitution. Any player may be replaced by a player who had not been in the game prior to the suspension. No player removed before the suspension may be returned to the lineup.

“A player who was not with the club when the game was suspended may be used as a substitute, even if he has taken the place of a player no longer with the club who would not have been eligible because he had been removed from the lineup before the game was suspended.”

4 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

Well guess vogelbach is going into my lineup next week

Apparently.  

Musgrove dealing today. 

44 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

I can't find a very clear ruling but on yahoo feedback it says for H2H all stats will retroactively be applied the Monday following the completion of that game. 

In the forums someone said that is the case but it was 3 or 4 years ago it may have changed. So if Joe blow hits two hrs but game is suspended May 19th and game is finished Aug 24th the two hrs will not be applied til the week finishing Aug 24th.

38 minutes ago, King_of_Kings said:

I believe so. The stats won't show up until September when they had to do a stat correction, but you'll still get all the stats, but it will take awhile.

What about for H2H?