Fuzzy_Slippers

5/20 - GAME DAY THREAD

Statcast Jesus with a 2-run HR.

Conflict of interest for me since it was off of Weaver...

• Like 2

Reyes!!! I mean, Franmil Reyes!

Some guy on Reddit said Soroka looks like Earthworm Jim and I can't unsee it.

Another gem for the kid tonight.

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Soroka and Weaver are both nasty tonight....

Obviously enjoying owning both.

As I was about to type out my reply, I see that Weaver gave up 2ER. 

Posted (edited)

I think anyone who has watched Soroka pitch expected him to roll tonight. Kid is good, but those pondering of selling could be wise, of course depends on what you land. I like the Braves I probably wouldn't sell. Yeah, guess I'm a homer!

Edited by Z06vette

1 minute ago, 4catztoomany said:

As I was about to type out my reply, I see that Weaver gave up 2ER. 

Yep.  Weaver still pitched really good regardless.  It'd be nice if they could get a couple of runs off the bullpen before Weaver is gone though.  He definitely deserves a Win.

He'll go out for the 7th unless they have a runner on since he's due up 4th in the inning.

11 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Newcombe with the save..lol

Two lefties were due up in the 9th, so I'm wondering if it was just a matchup thing.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Two lefties were due up in the 9th, so I'm wondering if it was just a matchup thing.

Possibly so, but if you are in a deep save hungry league like I am, won’t hurt to add immediately..he has been very solid either way lately

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Possibly so, but if you are in a deep save hungry league like I am, won’t hurt to add immediately..he has been very solid either way lately

Agreed.  If I had somebody that I was able to cut right now that I didn't mind losing, I'd add him just in case.  Just throwing it out there about the possibility of it being a matchup thing.  I looked to see to know if it was at least close to a sure thing, but with two lefties in the inning, I'll wait it out rather than risk cutting somebody I wouldn't mind holding onto (out of the guys who aren't locked on my roster).

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Agreed.  If I had somebody that I was able to cut right now that I didn't mind losing, I'd add him just in case.  Just throwing it out there about the possibility of it being a matchup thing.  I looked to see to know if it was at least close to a sure thing, but with two lefties in the inning, I'll wait it out rather than risk cutting somebody I wouldn't mind holding onto (out of the guys who aren't locked on my roster).

Exactly, no harm no foul...I had diekman rostered for high k’s middleman, so this was and easy pickup and drop for me

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Did you hear what Cameron Maybin said about this team? 

What team?  And what did he say?  I love posts that just hang out there where you have to guess what the hell they are referring to.  I tlets me get out my crystal ball.  But I misplaced it today so just asking.

53 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

I think anyone who has watched Soroka pitch expected him to roll tonight. Kid is good, but those pondering of selling could be wise, of course depends on what you land. I like the Braves I probably wouldn't sell. Yeah, guess I'm a homer!

No one on earth should sell Soroka in a fantasy league if you want to win a championship.  Of course it you are only into buying and selling stuff instead of winning well ... *shrugs.*

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

No manager in his/her right mind would make Sean Newcomb the closer. He doesn't strike enough batters out and he walks way to many. This was a match up thang. 

10 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What team?  And what did he say?  I love posts that just hang out there where you have to guess what the hell they are referring to.  I tlets me get out my crystal ball.  But I misplaced it today so just asking.

No one on earth should sell Soroka in a fantasy league if you want to win a championship.  Of course it you are only into buying and selling stuff instead of winning well ... *shrugs.*

Dude listen up. I love the kid. The kid is smart, can pitch and his composure is incredible, beyond belief, IMO.., but some of the advance metrics *right now* you can't just ignore. Of course some regression is likely, and you should never rule out a selling price because you or nobody else knows what someone may offer. All it takes is a bad day, the right moment. and a offer too good to refuse. And don't for a minute tell me there is no offer good enough to sell Soroka and I'm probably a bigger fan of him than you are. And I said pondering of selling because IMO, you should keep all eyes wide-open and ears never closed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Z06vette said:

Dude listen up. I love the kid. The kid is smart, can pitch and his composure is incredible, beyond belief, IMO.., but some of the advance metrics *right now* you can't just ignore. Of course some regression is likely, and you should never rule out a selling price because you or nobody else knows what someone may offer. All it takes is a bad day, the right moment. and a offer too good to refuse. And don't for a minute tell me there is no offer good enough to sell Soroka and I'm probably a bigger fan of him than you are. And I said pondering of selling because IMO, you should keep all eyes wide-open and ears never closed.

Congrats to whoever gets him in your league then.  They just upped their chance of winning this year.   And real stats count in my leagues.  Not half educated guesses which is what metrics basically are when you come down to it.  Metrics assumes a player never changes or grows but will perform like his current "metrics" indicate forever.  Lacks all common sense.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Congrats to whoever gets him in your league then.  They just upped their chance of winning this year.   And real stats count in my leagues.  Not half educated guesses which is what metrics basically are when you come down to it.  Metrics assumes a player never changes or grows but will perform like his current "metrics" indicate forever.  Lacks all common sense.

Actually, the guy who owns Soroka in my league hates the Braves and it kills me. Metrics isn't a proven science this is true.

Tell me this TBBT, would you trade Soroka for Caleb Smith? You'll probably say no because Smith pitches for the Marlins? I'm curious what your answer is and why.

What a sequence for the Angels. Ohtani plunked on the hand, leaves with a trainer. Next batter, Simmons grounds out, rolls his ankle on first, helped off the field.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Actually, the guy who owns Soroka in my league hates the Braves and it kills me. Metrics isn't a proven science this is true.

Tell me this TBBT, would you trade Soroka for Caleb Smith? You'll probably say no because Smith pitches for the Marlins? I'm curious what your answer is and why.

I own both so that isn't a valid choice to make for me.  And would NOT trade either.  I play dynasty only and those two along with someone like Luis Castillo are, barring injuries, golden for years to come and like a parent cannot choose between their children so too I couldn't choose between any of those three but love them all equally.  (🥇 - you get a medal, Mike and you get one Caleb and you too Luis, heh).

I don't care if Caleb pitches for the Mudville Nine.  In QS leagues he is super valuable and in Win leagues he only takes a very small hit because of his team but his home park helps him as well.  (Half my leagues are Wins, half are QS ones).  And so far he has won as many games as Jacob deGrom on my team that uses wins where I have both Smith and deGrom.  I had/have Sale in my win leagues but he was still very valuable when his socks were white and not red.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I own both so that isn't a valid choice to make for me.  And would NOT trade either.  I play dynasty only and those two along with someone like Luis Castillo are, barring injuries, golden for years to come and like a parent cannot choose between his children so too I couldn't choose between any of those three but love them all equally. 

I don't care if Caleb pitches for the Mudville Nine.  In QS leagues he is super valuable and in Win leagues he only takes a very small hit because of his team but his home park helps him as well.  (Half my leagues are Wins, half are QS ones).  And so far he has won as many games as Jacob deGrom on my team that uses wins where I have both Smith and deGrom.  I had/have Sale in my win leagues but he was still very valuable when his socks were white and not red.

I love RW. I've been here for years, though I don't post year-round, mostly just baseball season. I value many people's opinions and try to respect even the opinions I don't agree with. What one says in these forums can vary a lot just because of league settings. No disrespect, if we all agree all the time this fantasy baseball thing would be very boring.

• Like 1

Chris Paddack with another gem and not a peep mentioned in this GD thread.

Another start with zero BBs and a whip < 1