Sign in to follow this  
dropshadows

Dynasty/Keeper League: 2nd overall pick

Posted (edited)

I play in a 10-team Dynasty/Keeper league, standard scoring, start 2 RB, 2 WR, one Flex.
It's more of a "half-dynasty" league because at the start of every draft we keep 10 players, and drop 10 players.
Rookie prospects go in the first round typically, and then the following rounds players that other teams have dropped, free agents, etc.

This year I have 2nd pick. It's still very early, but I'm fairly certain Josh Jacobs will go first.
In that case I'm deciding if I should go with N'Keal Harry or David Montgomery?

Here are my RB and WR corps (one or two of these will be dropped, thinking either Brown or Kirk):
RB - Ezekiel Elliot, Marlon Mack, Aaron Jones, James White
WR - Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, Mike Williams, Christian Kirk, John Brown

Edited by dropshadows

I think you're more likely to hit on Montgomery than harry. I'd go with DM if it's between those 2. 

I think you meed a RB more than a WR but I like Harry better long term.

You're team needs another RB badly go with Monty, there's plenty of WR's to get later during the year. 

Thanks,

I was leaning in this direction but the prospects of Harry are tough to pass on. I'm also assuming Jacobs goes first, so who knows what will happen.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, dropshadows said:

the prospects of Harry are tough to pass on

Is it though?

- Brady is throwing fewer and fewer yards per season. At some point, another QB will have to take over, and we don't know for sure whether that will be an improvement.

- The Pats haven't had a 1200+ receiver since Welker (2009, 2011, 2012). They didn't have a 1000+ receiver last season; Edelman was WR32 (admittedly in 12 games)

Things can change though, and on the Pats the only thing that's constant is change, but I wouldn't be super excited about the dynasty prospects of a guy who I wouldn't expect to be in the top 20 WRs for the next couple seasons.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

on the Pats the only thing that's constant is change

Entirely a good point... The only numbers Belichick and the Patriots care to put up are the ones on the scoreboard.

The overly optimistic take would be a fresh weapon in Harry stepping in to fill the void of Gronkowski.
I've decided it'll be Jacobs or Montgomery for me. Maybe even Miles Sanders? A lot of time ahead of me anyway.

• Like 1