tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2019 Week 8

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 8 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 8 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Posted (edited)

Kingery- King Me! w/ Odubel trouble and frankly Franco aint cuttin it...lotta starts, lotta production in the now and later

Nicky Lopez- 2B just popped up! When he starts swipin sandbags he's gonna fly off the wire, trap him now, kid's rakin too

Shaun Anderson- part of my hunch bunch but I think he'll pay off with two starts this week...kid chucks..

Edited by tonycpsu

Pablo Sandoval...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Josh Reddick

I think he has only been benched once in the last 10 Astros games and has been starting against lefties and performing well. I cant think of a hotter lineup right now. IT'S REDDICK TIME!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, avatoot said:

Josh Reddick

I think he has only been benched once in the last 10 Astros games and has been starting against lefties and performing well. I cant think of a hotter lineup right now. IT'S REDDICK TIME!

Seconded... he's a great option in formats with deeper OFs. He's red hot right now. 3/6 w/ 2 doubles, 1 home run, 1 stolen base, 2 walks over his last two games.

He's also leading off today.

Marwin Gonzalez of the Twins...355/.429/.500 in May.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

erick fedde against the mets tomorrow night and any nationals or tigers pitcher this week vs the mets

• Like 1

Kendrys Morales...  Was dreadful for Oakland, but has been solid in his first three games for the Yankees and gets to face BAL and KC this week.  Starting off the week against Cashner, who he is 7-14 against with 3 HRs in his career.

• Like 1

I like Shaun Anderson tomorrow at home vs Atlanta. Vegas likes him as well 👍

• Like 1

I'll continue to bang the Bassitt drum...starts tmrw at CLE and then two steps next week (both home) v LAA and HOU--the latter he's actually fared well against too...even if it is a bit scary looking.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Julio Urias, if fully reinstated and dropped, might be a nice add to your pen...was saving two games a week with some dubs before the drama...

Alex Verdugo has been  playing almost every day as well...I think Roberts is finally unleashing the kid... 

Sean "Duke" Newcomb might be the savior in ATL going forward at the end of games... 

Edited by dfstout

Trevor Richards is a decent risk/reward streamer for tomorrow. @DET. 

Rowdy Tellez is swinging a hot bat right now. Deeper league appeal.

Posted (edited)

Fri. 5/24- J. Means(L) 6 Hr given up this season vs J. Hoffman(R) 0...second start

Sat. 5/25- A. Cashner(R) 9 Hr vs K. Freeland(L) 12 Hr

Sun. 5/26- D. Hess(R) 17 Hr!!!! vs G. Marquez(R) 8Hr

Weather looks good too. If this don’t scream Fantasy...

Hit the wire...make a trade...load up for this series fellas(and ladies)!! Should be plenty of AB’s to go around.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 2

Jon Duplantier was supposed to start today for the Reno Aces and is no longer listed. This makes me believe he’ll get the call to start Saturday. 

12 minutes ago, steve9347 said:

Jon Duplantier was supposed to start today for the Reno Aces and is no longer listed. This makes me believe he’ll get the call to start Saturday. 

taylor clarke is being called up to start saturday

Raimel Tapia for the upcoming Rockies homestand - he gets Orioles and Blue Jays pitching for a week.  He also gets Arizona pitching and the only matchup to really fear there should be Greinke.

Not that they were a power house before, but with injuries to Nimmo, Conforto, Cano and more the Mets are approaching Marlins level of bad. A high priority streaming target for right now. 

9 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Not that they were a power house before, but with injuries to Nimmo, Conforto, Cano and more the Mets are approaching Marlins level of bad. A high priority streaming target for right now. 

Also add McNeil to that list

Sano and Cron are probably on a lot of waivers. Get yourself a piece of this Twins offense. They're ranked #1 in runs scored

Posted (edited)

Lance Lynn is stringing together some solid starts, coming off of 7ip and 11k vs. SEA. Gave up 2 ER, 5 hits, and 1 bb. 

He's 6/10 in QS for the year. He has been roughed up a bit here and there, and it has inflated his numbers. He gets the Angels next time up if he remains on schedule (he threw 120 pitches in his 11so game, so he may not slot exactly where it looks like).

He also has accounted for 6 wins, which means a lot more than I wish it did in most leagues (including the one I roster him in).

Solid #4-6 type moving forward if your league is deep.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

Renato Nunez has been streaking again, homering in 3 out of his last 4 games with 6 RBI over that span. He's also set to begin a 3 game set at Coors with a expectancy for a lot of homeruns.

2 minutes ago, nlm said:

Renato Nunez has been streaking again, homering in 3 out of his last 4 games with 6 RBI over that span. He's also set to begin a 3 game set at Coors with a expectancy for a lot of homeruns.

Didn't realize until your recommendation how low his batting average had gotten.  Wow, but still not a bad recommendation, especially against any lefties Colorado will throw out there.  He can't hit righties (his splits against them are beyond awful), but his splits against lefties is actually pretty good even with his really low overall batting average.  So, he's at least a viable option for Saturday against Freeland.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Didn't realize until your recommendation how low his batting average had gotten.  Wow, but still not a bad recommendation, especially against any lefties Colorado will throw out there.  He can't hit righties (his splits against them are beyond awful), but his splits against lefties is actually pretty good even with his really low overall batting average.  So, he's at least a viable option for Saturday against Freeland.

Yeah, he took a long nosedive. He's only now starting to come out of it.