tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2019 Week 8

tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2019 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 8 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

5 minutes ago, nlm said:

Yeah, he took a long nosedive. He's only now starting to come out of it.

You're right there.  He even had a HR against a righty today, and he struggles mightily against them.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, his splits against lefties are borderline elite numbers, so I would have no problem playing him on Saturday at least if somebody had an open spot in their lineup.

• Like 1

Cavan biggio

• Like 1

Oakland's Canha has gone back to back with HRs in the last two games. His AVG still leaves a lot to be desired but could be someone to keep an eye on.

Lance lynn.. 2 starts coming up ( kc and @seattle)  just finished with 11k performance..only 44% owned...

Tapia and Desmond due to Blackmon calf injury!  Both might get more consistent playing time in short term depending on the severity of injury.

Tyler Mahle.

Owned in 19% of Yahoo leagues.  3.51 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, and 9.47 K/9.  It's still early, but his xFIP of 3.27 is encouraging. He's also only 24.

spacer.png

Decent company for this young season.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Griffin Canning... looked real good last time out. Gets TEX tonight.

Daniel Mengden gets SEA. Worthy of a stream.

Edited by nlm

A deep league list of potential adds. My WW is picked over, and some of these names aren't even on there. This is for deeper 12-14+ league territory...

SP Griffin Canning, Lance Lynn, Tyler Mahle, Pablo Lopez, Eric Lauer
RP Scott Oberg, Joe Jimenez, Amir Garrett, Liam Hendriks, Craig Stammen
C Josh Phegley, Tyler Flowers, Tony Wolters
1B Rowdy Tellez, Howie Kendrick, Kendrys Morales
2B Brandon Drury (not a great long term outlook now, but he had been getting hot again with multi-hit games in 3 straight)
3B Renato Nunez
SS Jose Iglesias, Scott Kingery

Outfield is too depressing to post.

• Like 4

Josh Naylor y’allll

I can't believe I'm touting Shark twice in one year, but he does have two starts next week. They are away starts, but they are in Miami and Baltimore. I'll guess: 12 IP, 1 W, 2 QS, 4 ER (3.00 ERA), sub 1.2 whip, 14 K.

20 hours ago, nlm said:

Griffin Canning... looked real good last time out. Gets TEX tonight.

Daniel Mengden gets SEA. Worthy of a stream.

I see what you did there

• Like 2

Check out Hanser Alberto, INF/BAL...seems to be playing daily and hitting near top of the lineup...also hitting capably and can fill up a stat sheet--modest power/speed combo guy. 26 yrs old and really no clue on if ANY of this is sustainable but he has 6 home games for next week...deep league scout at least, I added in a 16 team points with the hope of some lightening in a bottle.

Oh he's eligible at 2B, SS, 3B and he has 2 games in OF this year as well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Anthony Kay, SP prospect for the Mets may be on his way up soon. Add now, ask later.

Bryan Reynolds LF Pirates has been hitting and playing over Melky. Seems to have taken over a starting spot. Sporting an OPS north of .900 and has 5 HR, 14 RBI on the year. Limited playing time, but the key here is he seems to have carved out regular ABs.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, nlm said:

Anthony Kay, SP prospect for the Mets may be on his way up soon. Add now, ask later.

Bryan Reynolds LF Pirates has been hitting and playing over Melky. Seems to have taken over a starting spot. Sporting an OPS north of .900 and has 5 HR, 14 RBI on the year. Limited playing time, but the key here is he seems to have carved out regular ABs.

Where are you getting the Kay info? Haven't seen anything serious about a call up from AA.  

52 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Where are you getting the Kay info? Haven't seen anything serious about a call up from AA.  

LATEST NEWS

MAY 21, 5:43 AM CDT

Kay was perfect through five innings for Double-A Binghamton on Monday, finishing the night allowing only one walk through seven scoreless, no-hit innings while striking out seven.

ANALYSIS

The southpaw has given up one run or fewer in eight of his nine outings for the Rumble Ponies this season, but Monday's gem was his best effort yet. Kay's 1.07 ERA, 0.77 WHIP and 52:17 K:BB through 50.2 innings make a compelling case for a promotion, but his next stop may not end up being at Triple-A -- Mets manager Mickey Callaway said Monday that the club had at least considered promoting the 24-year-old to the majors to fill the team's fifth starter spot, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports.