Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

anyone watching bassitt?  6 bbs?  is he even close?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

already surpassed last years WAR

how would you rank his defense this year compared to the last 2 years

In the beginning of the year and when he first came back from the DL I thought he was worse than ever.  But he's been good lately, really no issues.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

D. German in a bases loaded jam. 2 outs. 

Edit: gets out of it. he always seems to be able to avoid the big inning. my man. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Dodgers putting on a hitting clinic in Tampa.

Fing Jalen Beeks. Of course, the second I try and sneak him into my RP slot....of course. 

In other news, Gio Gonzalez still sucks

Rockies have 4 early runs, yay! Only two to not have contributed Dahl and McMahon, you guessed it the only two Rockies I own

To anyone that turned the game off, Bauer looked great in the 6th. 3Ks - still touching 96 with 120 pitches thrown.

Only guy consistently throwing over 110 pitches each game these days (or so it seems).

Be happy to have him on my team!

• Haha 1

Caleb Smith with two wild pitches and a third strike the catcher had to throw to first. Not sure what's going on with this sudden wildness.

Apparently ERod is only startable at home vs a weak opponent and even that is stretching it ... horrid road numbers.

2 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

To anyone that turned the game off, Bauer looked great in the 6th. 3Ks - still touching 96 with 120 pitches thrown.

Only guy consistently throwing over 110 pitches each game these days (or so it seems).

Yeah, go figure.  He stinks for most of the game (aside from the first), and then comes out and looks like 2018 Bauer.

Maybe he corrected whatever he was doing wrong?  We'll see in his next start I suppose.  That last inning gives reason for optimism after an otherwise bad start.

• Haha 1

Going against Kershaw, German and Verlander tonight. Not a single run given up yet. Hopefully this will jinx them.

• Haha 2

looks like clint frazier might be heating up again.  2 homers and 5 rbi

could just be Baltimore pitching though

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

I’m happy to have him but still don’t like seeing him throw that many pitches every single game he pitches. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Something is off with Caleb. Lots of balls this inning after a couple wild pitches last inning. Let's hope he's just tired.

Lol proceeds to strike out the last two batters of the inning. Gods I love this guy.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Clint Frazier with 2 HR tonight.

i saw that German throwing error before it happened...

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

D. German blows a tailor made double play and throws it into center field. Next pitch is a 3 run dinger. sweet

this always confuses me, how many runs are earned?  all of them or just 2?  you dont assume the double play, but you have to assume the 1 out...right?

• Like 1

Just now, jfazz23 said:

this always confuses me, how many runs are earned?  all of them or just 2?  you dont assume the double play, but you have to assume the 1 out...right?

2 earned from that one dinger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

Y! is showing 2 ER

• Like 1

Germans change up is nasty.  hes a legitimate 3pitch pitcher.

the errant throw is why he gave up 3 runs 2(er) today, otherwise it would probably be another 6 inning 6 k no run game...and the W/QS