Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

8 minutes ago, treat88 said:

For being pretty damn good so far, Mookie is sure underwhelming. 

still early but i always thought last year was his career year.  i still think hes a top 10 player last year, but im wondering if hes closer to 10 than 1 if JDM leaves

57 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

i dropped him to activate Eloy but idk about eloy

I dropped Clint for Calhoun in Tx. He just left the game with a quad injury, so I will be picking Clint back up!

Gallo is just ridiculous right now.  2 for 3 with a HR, 2B (off the wall), and BB.  Now sitting at .293/.426/.687 (1.13).

Most fun I've had watching a Ranger hitter since MVP Hamilton.

• Like 3

Fing Escobar and Fing Murphy, Strahm really? At least give em up to decent hitters dude. 

I've typed Fing tonight alone more than the rest of my time on this board combined. Fing baseball driving me to this. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Fing Escobar and Fing Murphy, Strahm really? At least give em up to decent hitters dude. 

I've typed Fing tonight alone more than the rest of my time on this board combined. Fing baseball driving me to this. 

Escobar has been great this year and is on pace for 30/100+

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Escobar has been great this year and is on pace for 30/100+

I know. Little hyperbolic watching my guy give one up. 

That said, Escobar is way over his skis with those numbers. He doesn't truly suck, just kinda. Lol. 

Here comes #77 Luke Jackson for the save. 3-1 Braves. 

Jackson blows the 2 run save. Braves need a real closer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Jackson blows the 2 run save. Braves need a real closer. 

Tough break on the Panda IF hit. 3 straight groundball singles.

Panik was a tough out in that spot cuz the dude puts the ball in play and a single beats ya in that spot. I was hoping they'd walk him and face the .212 hitter behind him. Sets up a force play at every base and the dude's a less contact hitter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Tough break on the Panda IF hit. 3 straight groundball singles.

Panik was a tough out in that spot cuz the dude puts the ball in play and a single beats ya in that spot. I was hoping they'd walk him and face the .212 hitter behind him. Sets up a force play at every base and the dude's a less contact hitter.

I agree with you.   But the manager probably didn't trust Jackson with the bases loaded.   Still, your plan is likely best. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I agree with you.   But the manager probably didn't trust Jackson with the bases loaded.   Still, your plan is likely best. 

I guess they figured with 1b open they could have jackson try to make a pitcher's pitch and not worry about walking the guy, but he ended up throwing a 3-2 hanger. Or maybe Jackson was running out of gas with the pitch count rising so they didn't wanna reset to an extra batter. Still no matter what, even if I had to bring on a new RP, you don't want Panik beating you there. (The guy behind Panik Vogt hadn't had a hit in like 10 days)

Edited by papasmurf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

I guess they figured with 1b open they could have jackson try to make a pitcher's pitch and not worry about walking the guy, but he ended up throwing a 3-2 hanger. Or maybe Jackson was running out of gas with the pitch count rising so they didn't wanna reset to an extra batter. Still no matter what, even if I had to bring on a new RP, you don't want Panik beating you there. (The guy behind Panik Vogt hadn't had a hit in like 10 days)

Its mindnumbingly stupid baseball to face Panik there and there is no excuse for it. Panik being on first base means nothing to the Giants because the winning run is already in scoring position after the SB. Putting him on only increases the Braves odds of getting an out by creating a force out at every base. Panik is also an infinitely better bat to ball guy than Vogt

This is remedial stuff that a Legion Ball coach gets right, yet here’s a MLB manager ****ting himself with the game on the line. 

• Like 1