Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/22 - GAME DAY THREAD

Any way the Yanks can just keep playing the O’s all season?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

*A record number of Yankee fans are here when they play the Orioles. 

6 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Batting Kipnis 2nd is idiotic.  There's no way around that  He's hasn't been deserving of that spot for years.  Just put Mercado there.  He can't be any worse.

Terry also can't manage his bullpen, using his closer in the first game of a doubleheader to get work and then watching his bullpen blow an easy win when all he had to do is use his closer (April 20th, 5 run implosion in the Top of the 9th).  I'd say he qualifies as overrated regardless of how likable he can be.

I disagree on the job Terry is doing this year. Yea we can be the Monday morning quarterback on every 162 games and second guess every move done by the manager. But, I agree on Kipnis just looking at the team Terry is managing at this moment he has no other options. The team has failed. 

You don’t put added pressure on the kid and bat him second. 

Since your an Indian fan was Terry horrible his other six years in Cleveland or just this year? 

15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

This.

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

We wish. This team is awesome 

Mondesi is having a nice double header. This guy is better than advertised. 

4 hours ago, Panther239 said:

You always know Bud Black just put out his lineup when you see two of the Rodgers/Tapia/Murphy/Dahl threads get bumped to the top

All part of my regular daily player thread viewing!  Just up until a couple of weeks ago, I owned all of Dahl, Murphy and Hampson.  Finally cut bait with Hampson, only to replace him with another Rockie (Tapia).

The struggle is eternal.

Rich Hill may have lilly-soft hands but he's got a quick glove. Had a line drive shot back straight at his face - gloved it down - threw the batter out.

Very next pitch - goes right back at him - hits him in the foot. Back to back assaults and he lives to tell.

Workman about to blow the save.  It doesn't matter which relievers I pick up.  They instantly get rocked.

7 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Workman about to blow the save.  It doesn't matter which relievers I pick up.  They instantly get rocked.

About to blow what save?

he is pitching in the 7th inning, you are confused 

7 minutes ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

Devers HR was an absolute laser to the opposite field on a pretty good pitch.  

Won't last.  I have it on good authority from the Devers Outlook thread that he isn't going to sniff 20 homers this year.  

• Like 1

Dodgers keep sending scrubs out in middle relief while Ross Stripling collects moss

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

About to blow what save?

he is pitching in the 7th inning, you are confused 

It still would have counted as a blown save.  I think you may be the one confused.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, slaphitter said:

Dodgers keep sending scrubs out in middle relief while Ross Stripling collects moss

Now they put him in down 8-1 in the 8th lol. Roberts has been using him so poorly this year. This is the 2nd time he’s pitched in the last 14 days. 🤦‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

It still would have counted as a blown save.  I think you may be the one confused.

Since papasmurf was laughing at this post (not sure how to interpret that), let me clarify.  A relief pitcher can qualify for a save if he pitches the last 3 innings of a game.  Thus, Workman technically came into the game in a save situation.  It would have qualified as a blown save.  

Posted (edited)

First time I've seen Doolittle pitch in a long time, don't remember what he had. But what he had tonight was awful. It was literally slow fastballs down the middle. It was batting practice. I look at who else they have though and everyone else in the bullpen is garbage too. Javy Guerra is the only one I think has the potential to close.

The Nats announcers are acting shocked. The minute he hit the first guy then threw a 94 mph fastball down the middle to Lagares, you could see it coming.

Edited by Bravesfan155

5 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Since papasmurf was laughing at this post (not sure how to interpret that), let me clarify.  A relief pitcher can qualify for a save if he pitches the last 3 innings of a game.  Thus, Workman technically came into the game in a save situation.  It would have qualified as a blown save.  

I wasn't laughing at you. I was just laughing cuz the sv rule seems to confuse quite a few ppl. I.e., you can blow a save in an inning earlier than the 9th.

• Like 1