Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/22 - GAME DAY THREAD

6 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

First time I've seen Doolittle pitch in a long time, don't remember what he had. But what he had tonight was awful. It was literally slow fastballs down the middle. It was batting practice. I look at who else they have though and everyone else in the bullpen is garbage too. Javy Guerra is the only one I think has the potential to close.

The Nats announcers are acting shocked. The minute he hit the first guy then threw a 94 mph fastball down the middle to Lagares, you could see it coming.

Doolittle in the 8th and kimbrel to shut the door, sounds about right

Braves just went back to back with Dansby and Freddie to make Sharks night a nightmare in the 2nd. 

Posted (edited)

MIN at LAA game postponed. Anyone know when it’ll be made up and when Perez is going to go? 

Edit: MLB at Bat app has Perez tomorrow. If tomorrow was supposed to be an off day for the two teams it looks like that’s the makeup. 

Edited by BostonCajun

31 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

First time I've seen Doolittle pitch in a long time, don't remember what he had. But what he had tonight was awful. It was literally slow fastballs down the middle. It was batting practice. I look at who else they have though and everyone else in the bullpen is garbage too. Javy Guerra is the only one I think has the potential to close.

The Nats announcers are acting shocked. The minute he hit the first guy then threw a 94 mph fastball down the middle to Lagares, you could see it coming.

His fastball rises and looks much faster than it's clocked

5 minutes ago, abachar said:

His fastball rises and looks much faster than it's clocked

When Doo Littles fastball ain't rising towards the plate its a rising out over the green

• Like 1

I'm going to start benching my middle relievers on double-header days.  Barlow gets left out there to get demolished for a second inning for no apparent reason other than they need someone to eat outs, I guess.  

so Tellez lol hitting baseballs like he kinda meatballs at the dinner table. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Dangit there goes Brasier's win

One of my teams has 7 HRs today.

Same team has 7 RBI. wat!

16 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Cant edit now. Supposed to say “like he pounds meatballs” 🤤

Riley doesn't miss fastballs. That ball got outta there in a hurry.

At this point Riley has to be reaching Juan Soto 2018 and Gary Sanchez 2017 levels of ridiculousness. Maybe not Sanchez but holy crap!

2 hours ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Davey Martinez just did what kapler did Monday.  Didn't time getting the reliever ready on time...was late with the initial warm up call to the bullpen.

Doolittle wasn't really ready when he came in a promptly hit !@#$^ Carlos Gomez then gave up the bases clearing hit to #$%^& lagares who had been 0-12. Just unf$%^ing real how dumb some of these guys are.

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I disagree on the job Terry is doing this year. Yea we can be the Monday morning quarterback on every 162 games and second guess every move done by the manager. But, I agree on Kipnis just looking at the team Terry is managing at this moment he has no other options. The team has failed. 

You don’t put added pressure on the kid and bat him second. 

Since your an Indian fan was Terry horrible his other six years in Cleveland or just this year? 

Terry has been terrible at pitching staff management the majority of his Cleveland tenure.   He literally broke Cody Allen last year abusing him.   He's trying to do the same to Bauer this year.   He consistently leaves his SPs in too long.