Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

Would you use a #5 claim on marwin gonzalez?

team in sig...very deep 6x6 13 team roto league

love his mulitposition eligibility and he has been hitting great in the month of may

would you try to claim him with the #5?

With your league competitive, i would take a chance on him. Has been hitting very well & should continue in that MIN line up. A big plus is his position eligibility. Thanks for mine!

Yep, scoop him up. Deep league as you stated and he’s got plenty of positional eligibility.

Given how your IF looks at the moment, I absolutely would. It'll be a good backup in case any of those guys get hurt or slump badly. 

1 minute ago, Josean Pelota said:

Given how your IF looks at the moment, I absolutely would. It'll be a good backup in case any of those guys get hurt or slump badly. 

love my infield, but with simmons just hitting the DL (and it looks bad), and baez knicked up at the moment, the insurance would be nice to have

• Like 1

Villar, Escobar, Mazara....these are all guys you may want to sit at some point this year, or even drop, to slot Marwin in their place. 

I wouldn't. Maybe take a chance on him if he clears, but with two UTIL spots and lots of multi-position eligible players on your team already, his positional value doesn't really do much for you. Not to mention his playing time going forward is a question mark.

If there hasn't been a history in this league of any bigger named players dropped, I'd consider it. He plays every spot but C, and he's in a very good, young, MIN lineup. I would echo others being concerned about his PT. If other players keep hitting well, Sano produces and Cruz back at some point. If they do find enough PT for him, seems like he could have a decent bounceback year. 

Marwin needs to be owned very solid stick who can play all a lot of different spots on the field, drop Newcomb. 

Yeah, I would. In a deep league, positional flexibility is even more important and Gonzalez is hot in a good lineup. Don't see that much value in holding a number 5 waiver. I say use it.

I am going to say he clears waivers and then scoop him up. But if you want him that bad then just go for it.

thanks for the help on mine.

In a deep league like that and if you need the help then I'd probably do it. In a league that deep nobody of value may ever hit the WW so you could just end up holding onto it for nothing. Plus, it's the #5 wavier, so you can afford to take the chance.

thanks for your help with mine.

Agree with everyone here, for a bench/back up bat, solid pick up.  Multi-position eligibility is a plus.

Much like the rest of the crowd, I'd scoop him up. He's been on a tear this month and as deep as your league is, you'll probably be hard-pressed to find someone with his multi position eligibility and somewhat high ceiling. Thanks for mine!

31 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Agree with everyone here, for a bench/back up bat, solid pick up.  Multi-position eligibility is a plus.

not everyone...lol