Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Mack reportedly absent from practice. Grab Wilkins Hines before it’s too late

I /think you made a mistake so I fixed it for you :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I /think you made a mistake so I fixed it for you :)

Uh...no. Hines isn’t a great runner & Brissett has barely looked his way in the passing game. 31 total yards in 2 games, 5 catches for 9 yds. Wilkins is the cuff

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Uh...no. Hines isn’t a great runner & Brissett has barely looked his way in the passing game. 31 total yards in 2 games, 5 catches for 9 yds. Wilkins is the cuff

Wilkins had that lone run after Mack had a nice run and had to take a breather. The line opened up a huge hole for Wilkins. That's the only play that he has had.

Wilkins had that lone run after Mack had a nice run and had to take a breather. The line opened up a huge hole for Wilkins. That's the only play that he has had.

Wilkins had 5 carries last game including 2 chunk plays.

I owned Hines last year. He was solid with Luck but I don't think he'll do that with Brissett. And he was brutal as a runner.

Edited by owenmills
  • Thanks 1

Mack will practice tomorrow and you guys will feel dumb for arguing about whether Wilkins or Hines will be the guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look at the way the team is made up. Hines is going to retain his spread offense sets, while Wilkins gets the early downs. Hines is listed at 5’9 195(I don’t buy that). He’s not built for early down runs between the tackles. 

9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Look at the way the team is made up. Hines is going to retain his spread offense sets, while Wilkins gets the early downs. Hines is listed at 5’9 195(I don’t buy that). He’s not built for early down runs between the tackles. 

I think this is where people are missing the point. Do people really think the Colts can go without Luck and Mack and expect to still be in a positive game script against an offense that will put up points. Mack isn't a jag. Wilkins is a plod. Hines doesn't need to run between the tackles.

As stated in the Wilkins thread, last year, Hines, averaged 8 receptions per game when Mack was not present. That is 8 receptions folks. His floor is so much safer. This would be an obvious choice for those who do not have an adequate replacement for Mack IF he sits out.

I don't think we're gonna know whats up with him until Sunday.  Of course, if he doesn't practice tomorrow then we know pretty much that he's not playing.

If he gets in a limited session, we're all going to have to check his status on Sunday.  Should figure out now exactly how you will change your lineup if he's inactive so you're not scrambling. 

Fortunately the Colts are playing the early game so you don't have to gamble with him, unless you are deciding between him and someone starting tonight.  Then again, if you have Henry or Fournette, they're probably locked in your lineup.

Edited by Brownsfan74

6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I think this is where people are missing the point. Do people really think the Colts can go without Luck and Mack and expect to still be in a positive game script against an offense that will put up points. Mack isn't a jag. Wilkins is a plod. Hines doesn't need to run between the tackles.

As stated in the Wilkins thread, last year, Hines, averaged 8 receptions per game when Mack was not present. That is 8 receptions folks. His floor is so much safer. This would be an obvious choice for those who do not have an adequate replacement for Mack IF he sits out.

You’re referring to an offense that had Andrew Luck. The offensive strategy in IND has changed with more running & ball-control passing. Their defense is also better than it has been in recent years. 

47 minutes ago, collucho said:

Mack will practice tomorrow and you guys will feel dumb for arguing about whether Wilkins or Hines will be the guy.

Most leagues won't give you the luxury of waiting until tomorrow to pick these guys up. So, you may be correct, but these convos need to be had now before that is determined.

The fact that he walked onto the field without a boot is actually a really good sign since he was holding one the previous day.  I would think if he had something pretty bad that they'd tell him to put that damn boot on.

13 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The fact that he walked onto the field without a boot is actually a really good sign since he was holding one the previous day.  I would think if he had something pretty bad that they'd tell him to put that damn boot on.

Maybe he just forgot the boot in the locker room.  That doesn't mean he isn't injured anymore.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Maybe he just forgot the boot in the locker room.  That doesn't mean he isn't injured anymore.

I'm not saying he isn't injured.  What I'm saying is that it probably isn't too bad if the coaches and trainers are letting him walk around without it on.

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Nobody has even reported seeing him wear a boot.

8 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Nobody has even reported seeing him wear a boot.

He was holding one, though, so maybe he was wearing it out of the view of the cameras.

Marlon Mack

Fantasy Injury Roundup 🤕

🔘 Josh Jacobs battling illness 🔘 Shady practices, Damien Williams sits 🔘 Marlon Mack has hamstring injury

https://bleacherreport.com/marlon-mack

Ian Hartitz@Ihartitz

Marlon Mack (calf) b2b missed practices, was spotted carrying (not wearing, whatever that means) a walking boot on Wednesday. Jordan Wilkins career 6.4 YPC and facing Falcons defense that you might've heard isn't great vs. RBs (Nyheim Hines probably favorite for targets though)

🤔⁉️

Edited by dashoe

Let's go over the last 24 hrs...

Calf injury

Holding a boot

Waking onto the field, no boot, no limp

Hamstring injury.

Glad we cleared that up

Edited by Funkenstein

28 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

He was holding one, though, so maybe he was wearing it out of the view of the cameras.

Maybe he was holding it for a friend? You know, like when you get busted with a bag of weed? "Uh, that's not mine man. I'm just holding it for a friend." 

• Haha 1