Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

25 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

im not talking about that, I can see gamescript out the window when the Colts are down 21-0 at the end of 1, and him not getting touches

I literally might just play Hines cause that is what I anticipate, the Colts couldnt keep the Raiders from posting 31, Chiefs hang 40+ on them

So of course the colts will somehow go up 14-0 early and give Mack 28 carries. Or does this stuff only happen to me? Lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

So of course the colts will somehow go up 14-0 early and give Mack 28 carries. Or does this stuff only happen to me? Lol

prob only you lol

15 hours ago, sjm76 said:

It seems like he's adding an injury every week now though so I added Jordan Wilkins as insurance.  I know his calf issue and now his ankle issue both seem minor but he's bound to miss games at some point this season.

I mean he was supposedly hurt all week leading up to the Falcons game and went 16/74 and a TD.

The Chiefs give up 5.8 YPC. Colts know they need to keep the Chiefs offense off the field. He'll be fine. Bet he gets limited work in today. 

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean he was supposedly hurt all week leading up to the Falcons game and went 16/74 and a TD.

The Chiefs give up 5.8 YPC. Colts know they need to keep the Chiefs offense off the field. He'll be fine. Bet he gets limited work in today. 

Might work in the first half but if the Chiefs get out to a significant lead, it's gonna be Hines for the rest of the game.

So he’s not practicing again...any worry that he misses this game?

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

So he’s not practicing again...any worry that he misses this game?

Just did a numbers crunch. Chances of him missing this game are 33.33%, repeating of course 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

Who is better handcuff PPR, Wilkins? Or Hines? 

ppr it's gotta be hines.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

Who is better handcuff PPR, Wilkins? Or Hines? 

Depends how long you think the Colts will not be in catch up mode.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Depends how long you think the Colts will not be in catch up mode.

I know game script plays into effect but he’s still the bellcow and he still puts up numbers. Maybe not consistent every time but he puts up solid numbers. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

2 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

I know game script plays into effect but he’s still the bellcow and he still puts up numbers. Maybe not consistent every time but he puts up solid numbers. [...]

Well he was asking Wilkins vs Mack, so a little more game script dependent, but even with Mack it sounded like Pagano kept Hines in when they were down 2 scores to TEN even when Mack was apparently healthy.

42 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Well he was asking Wilkins vs Mack, so a little more game script dependent, but even with Mack it sounded like Pagano kept Hines in when they were down 2 scores to TEN even when Mack was apparently healthy.

That's because Hines is their passing down rb and he is also used often to catch passes when they are playing from behind.

51 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

That's because Hines is their passing down rb and he is also used often to catch passes when they are playing from behind.

Yes....that’s what I said lol.

He'll probably play but there's no reason to expect a positive game script this week. Add the injury nursing he's been doing lately and he's an easy fade this week. It's possible the colts keep it close and he has a big game but I'm starting David Montgomery.  Can't believe I'm saying that after how the first 3 weeks went for both but it feel like a safer play with a higher ceiling this week.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I assume Mack has better games when Hilton is in the line-up. Looks like T.Y. is good to go this week.

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I assume Mack has better games when Hilton is in the line-up. Looks like T.Y. is good to go this week.

I'd assume having a legitimate outside threat would force the defense to be honest. Only way we will find out is if Mack actually practices. If he doesn't get in a Full participation today, I'll have zero confidence in him Sunday night. 

2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I'd assume having a legitimate outside threat would force the defense to be honest. Only way we will find out is if Mack actually practices. If he doesn't get in a Full participation today, I'll have zero confidence in him Sunday night. 

I'm a Mack owner and added Jordan Wilkins to cover myself in case he misses.  My guess is that he'll likely get in at least a limited practice today.

So it looks like Mack is a go for the game but hopefully his injuries that seem to be adding up don't limit him.

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

This is the type of thing that gets owners in trouble. Practicing Friday and playing the night game could lead to late scratch with no one available to plug in.

• Like 1

Just now, sjm76 said:

So it looks like Mack is a go for the game but hopefully his injuries that seem to be adding up don't limit him.

If Indy wants even a sniff of a chance in this game they absolutely have to establish the run and eat the clock. Otherwise we're all screwed.