Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

20 touches by halftime. wouldn't be shocked to see a chiefs styled game.

Thats what they need to do to keep the ball out of Watsons hands. In regards to Houstons run D its strength vs strength Colts O-line is amazing should open up some holes regardless, If the game is close he will have a productive day I don't think the Colts are trying to get into a shootout with Watson. 

Edited by CroNY

1 hour ago, Steve-O said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Mack back from the bye against Houston’s run D?

After watching how the Colts were committed to the run and executed an excellent game script against the Chiefs, Mack is an automatic start for me each week unless there is some injury concerns. The offensive line is dominant, he's getting the work, and the defense is adequate enough which is all good ingredients for a RB1/RB2 back with his ability.

Most importantly, I like this revised patient running style of his which shows confidence in his o-line and his ability.

Edited by nonstopfan

11 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

After watching how the Colts were committed to the run and executed an excellent game script against the Chiefs, Mack is an automatic start for me each week unless there is some injury concerns. The offensive line is dominant, he's getting the work, and the defense is adequate enough which is all good ingredients for a RB1/RB2 back with his ability.

Most importantly, I like this revised patient running style of his which shows confidence in his o-line and his ability.

This. 

The game vs the Chiefs he looked like Bell out there with how patient he was and those little jump cuts I came away really really impressed. 

Just now, CroNY said:

This. 

The game vs the Chiefs he looked like Bell out there with how patient he was and those little jump cuts I came away really really impressed. 

You guys, he looked good, he doesn’t belong in the same conversation as bell. Go watch some prime bell Steelers highlights. That’s a different level of patience and jump cuts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

You guys, he looked good, he doesn’t belong in the same conversation as bell. Go watch some prime bell Steelers highlights. That’s a different level of patience and jump cuts. 

I said he looked like Bell that game...READ. I didn't say he is as talented in any facet... Swear some people just want to argue to argue, find something productive to do. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CroNY said:

I said he looked like Bell that game...READ. I didn't say he is as talented in any facet... Swear some people just want to argue to argue, find something productive to do. 

I do just want to argue, I’m working till 8 with nothing better to do. He looked like an injured 1 legged bell, I’ll give you that. 

• Haha 2

He looked like Barry Sanders, The Bus, and Sweetness all rolled up in one. 🤡

giphy.gifgiphy.gifsource.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As mentioned, this is gonna be the same plan we saw against KC. He'll have a huge game. Not that he's been bad but he's a good but "low" right now IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I do just want to argue, I’m working till 8 with nothing better to do. He looked like an injured 1 legged bell, I’ll give you that. 

Pretty sure even the announcers were making that comp last game so fair to let it slide I'd say

Looking to acquire Mack via trade and curious to what happened in the TEN and OAK games? The stats are a stark difference vs the other games

Just now, CraftyRighty said:

Looking to acquire Mack via trade and curious to what happened in the TEN and OAK games? The stats are a stark difference vs the other games

Tennessee I believe they just have a great run defense. Oakland was half injury half game script if I remember correctly.

He dominated the touches but what was concerning was that once they got to the goal line, Wilkins was in. Overall he’s still got the volume, offensive line for a good RB2 ranking.

Frustrating to own this kid. Very inconsistent usage

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Frustrating to own this kid. Very inconsistent usage

It feels like they’re still limiting him a bit because of the ankle injury earlier? It’s perplexing that they don’t use him on the goal line. Reminds me of McCoy and KC

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

It feels like they’re still limiting him a bit because of the ankle injury earlier? It’s perplexing that they don’t use him on the goal line. Reminds me of McCoy and KC

They just came off the bye & he wasn’t listed on the injury report all week. He looked fine to me

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

They just came off the bye & he wasn’t listed on the injury report all week. He looked fine to me

I’m not sure what it is then. The short pass to Hilton at the 3 yard line was when Wilkins was in. I think Wilkins was also in for another red zone trip too. Really tough to watch. Houston is pretty good against the run though. 8th I’m rushing ypg allowed.

8 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

There's been quite a bit of talk about the pace he's on touch wise and how he's never been anywhere near it in his career. Unfortunately they're managing his workload. 

How do we rank him RoS? He has such a sporadic weekly point tally. I was hoping it’d even out and be more consistent compared to last year, but it seems like it’s the same, If not worse. 

almost every RZ trip features either Wilkins or Hines. This is what really bothers me. It’s like they are set at letting jacoby score and never deploy Mack for more than a few RZ touches (not even goal line carries, but RZ in general) am I imagining things or is this something you all noticed as well?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mvttchew said:

How do we rank him RoS? He has such a sporadic weekly point tally. I was hoping it’d even out and be more consistent compared to last year, but it seems like it’s the same, If not worse. 

I'd put him right around RB20. The good thing is he's shown the ability to put up some really big games. The downside obviously is a pretty low floor and the team continuing to monitor his workload. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Love his talent and he’s a huge upside flex play. I think roster construction has me down to sitting him in favor of starting two TEs this week (Hooper and Waller).

if people have point stability up and down their lineups, Mack fits well; i still buy his talent, o-line, and schedule. 

On 10/27/2019 at 7:43 AM, shaman0610 said:

Love his talent and he’s a huge upside flex play. I think roster construction has me down to sitting him in favor of starting two TEs this week (Hooper and Waller).

if people have point stability up and down their lineups, Mack fits well; i still buy his talent, o-line, and schedule. 

The schedule is the part that worries me actually, Week 14 @Tampa and Week 15 @NO is just about as bad as you could get for initial playoff matchups.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:03 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd put him right around RB20. The good thing is he's shown the ability to put up some really big games. The downside obviously is a pretty low floor and the team continuing to monitor his workload. 

Interesting. Not saying I disagree, but curious to see the list of 20 rbs here. 

Great talent, and the team relies on him.

But, they are watching his carries, and he is exasperatingly not used around goal line.   I think if the Colts stay in the Playoff hunt, they will rely on him more and more as the season goes on and the games become more important.

He does not seem to be reaching his potential as of yet.   He is a good buy low candidate,   

15 hours ago, ginocan said:

Interesting. Not saying I disagree, but curious to see the list of 20 rbs here. 

I believe he's 20 on the dot right now in .5 PPR, but you'd have to move Saquon and Coleman ahead of him. Mack's had his bye though while I assume at least some of the guys in front of him haven't, so it'd be give or take a few.