Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/23 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)

Only 2 games in the evening and all others are matinees.  Weird to have it turn into "get away Thursday" day since they don't actually need to get a jump on Memorial Day Weekend traffic on the interstate or something unless all their private planes have been grounded.  But I'm fine with it.  Nice to have a few more day games.

Also did you hear about the backlash the Blue Jays got on Monday -- another day game because it was a Canadian holiday called Victoria Day.  They decided to "rest" their big draw of Vlad Jr that day when they actually had their one and only big crowd of the week taking advantage of the holiday to take their families out to see Vlad which is their only draw. 

The Toronto paper there ripped them.  Ownership had to apologize for not filling in the stupid manager on the importance of the national holiday and big crowd size expected since they could have easily "rested" Vlad the next day or the day before instead ... if some 20 year old actually needed to "rest."  (Lou Gehrig rolls his eyes). 

How tone deaf can you be.  Your franchise is in the toilet right now and you are trying to keep your core fans with you during your rebuild.  Baseball is an entertainment business first, last and foremost.  Idiots following the latest fad of resting players all the time and lacking basic common sense.  Stupid stupid people.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aaron Nola! Trevor Richards! Corbin Martin! I’m prepared to be let down. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Aaron Nola! Trevor Richards! Corbin Martin! I’m prepared to be let down. 

I just can't start Nola and I always err on the side of starting the pitcher.  So if Nola has a good day I can claim credit because I am sitting him bringing you all luck.  And if he gets demolished then I get to do the I told you so bit. Win-win for me at least.  🤪

Go Lyles.  That's all I ask for.  Just please...go Lyles.

• Like 1

Go Martin Perez.. and Giolito.. yes Giolito I said it.. despite popular opinion.. I do not fear the stros..

9 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

Go Martin Perez.. and Giolito.. yes Giolito I said it.. despite popular opinion.. I do not fear the stros..

I admire the brass set you were born with, best of luck to you sir. I will root for Giolito for you. 

Nobody starting Matz? Lol 

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Ownership had to apologize for not filling in the stupid manager on the importance of the national holiday and big crowd size expected since they could have easily "rested" Vlad the next day

Who cares if Vladi was out of the lineup... what they should've apologized for is having only 1 player worth watching on the entire team

1 minute ago, bigpinero said:

Still no Julio Daniel...

His back is bothering him so you don't want him playing on that Toronto concrete. 

1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Go Perez and happy birthday to this lovely lady

image.jpeg.65f6a9758a380cd13c9c34e212536e96.jpeg

Chicks will always dig the long ball. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Also did you hear about the backlash the Blue Jays got on Monday -- another day game because it was a Canadian holiday called Victoria Day.  They decided to "rest" their big draw of Vlad Jr that day when they actually had their one and only big crowd of the week taking advantage of the holiday to take their families out to see Vlad which is their only draw. 

The Toronto paper there ripped them.  Ownership had to apologize for not filling in the stupid manager on the importance of the national holiday and big crowd size expected since they could have easily "rested" Vlad the next day or the day before instead ... if some 20 year old actually needed to "rest."  (Lou Gehrig rolls his eyes). 

How tone deaf can you be.  Your franchise is in the toilet right now and you are trying to keep your core fans with you during your rebuild.  Baseball is an entertainment business first, last and foremost.  Idiots following the latest fad of resting players all the time and lacking basic common sense.  Stupid stupid people.

As a Toronto resident, can confirm.  For better or for worse, this has blown over very quickly due to:

(1) the city is in the midst of Raptors fever and no one realized this, which relates to ... (2) ... the majority of Jays fans in Toronto are major league bandwagoners anyways and barely have a clue what's going on with the team unless they're winning/contending.  This is unlike with the Raptors and Leafs, in which fans support and pay attention through thick and thin.

Of note, the Jays have a second chance of sorts, as it is "School Day" for today's game.  Every year towards the end of the school year, many grade schools in Toronto bring their students to a designated afternoon game as a field trip.  This will explain why the Rogers Centre may actually look like they have most of their seats filled today and can't let the kids down by sitting Vlad again.

Edited by Blight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Wind blowing out at Wrigley according to Rotowire. I was like yay cuz I have Philly hitters. Then I realized I am starting Nola...

Edited by papasmurf

2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Wind blowing out at Wrigley according to Rotowire. I was like yay cuz I have Philly hitters. Then I realized I am starting Nola...

I have 4 philly hitters and Nola.... we need a wind shift during cubs at bats 🤣 

Wonder if I should sit Nola now lol...

Rotogrinder says wind's really blowing out to RF, and lefties are hitting Nola to the tune of 1000+ OPS.

16 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Wonder if I should sit Nola now lol...

Rotogrinder says wind's really blowing out to RF, and lefties are hitting Nola to the tune of 1000+ OPS.

I’m gonna start him, but I suggest everyone sit him. Can’t be a good day for him lol. 

Posted (edited)

Tanaka falling apart and took yet ANOTHER comebacker off his body and looks shaken up, staying in for now...

and WALKED CHRIS DAVIS to load the bases, ouch.

Edited by Members_Only_76

dumped profar.. for Rowdy just because I need someone rowdy on my squad.  plus it doesn't hurt that hes smoking the ball of late