Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/23 - GAME DAY THREAD

2 hours ago, Blight said:

(1) the city is in the midst of Raptors fever and no one realized this, which relates to ... (2) ... the majority of Jays fans in Toronto are major league bandwagoners anyways and barely have a clue what's going on with the team unless they're winning/contending.  This is unlike with the Raptors and Leafs, in which fans support and pay attention through thick and thin.

There's probably more Blue Jays fans in Kitchener or Guelph than there is in Toronto.

The jays fan base is in the 905-519 (anywhere not south of London). They really dropped it on this one, most of those fans on Monday came in from out of the city no doubt

• Sad 1

You have GOT to be ******** kidding me.  Lyles absolutely cruises and then can’t get a third ******** out and ends up with a completely s--- line.  My pitching this week in a ******** nutshell.

27 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m hoping just rest in the last game of the series, it was 8-0 when they pulled him 

If anyone can pass on any update on Blackmon from the broadcast that would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

There IS a team with a worse pen than the Mess.

Probably about 10 teams worse than the Mets.

• Thanks 1

Ok Mr.Cole I need like a perfect game from you today in order to win this week. No pressure though...

Posted (edited)

OK, guys.

I think that this Josh Bell guy might actually be a legit elite, MVP-level batter now... seriously...

This is getting a bit out of hand, you know...

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 4

With each passing Josh Bell homer I get more and more sick to my stomach that I didn’t grab him early when I had a chance. I’ll just get to keep watching Abreu in my 1B spot 🤢🤮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ToO_BaD said:

With each passing Josh Bell homer I get more and more sick to my stomach that I didn’t grab him early when I had a chance.

I got him for Puig at the beginning of my year, AND made my trade partner throw in more cus I didnt believe in Bell... 😂. well sometimes it just all works out. 

Benintendi with a hit, run, and steal. #6 spot works!

Just now, BayofPuigs said:

I got him for Puig at the beginning of my year, AND made my trade partner throw in more cus I didnt believe in Bell... 😂. well sometimes it just all works out. 

Picked him up the third week of the season for 3 FAAB

• Like 2

Benny with a steal!   On my bench......

😡🤬

Posted (edited)

Boone stays with Jonathon Holder too long and it screws us.  When will he learn.  No W for Tanaka now.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Picked him up the third week of the season for 3 FAAB

Yeah I literally could have grabbed him for nothing off my WW and went back and forth several times about it at the beginning of his hot streak.  Needless to say I didn’t come away with him.......

My pitcher - 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 K, QS

Opponents pitcher  - 5 2/3 IP, 6 ER, 6 K

Who gets more fantasy points?  Their pitcher because the Pirates scored 9 runs ad Lyles will get a W, while Tanaka will get a ND.  smh only on Fantrax

Gleyber Torres with a PH opportunity. Up with 2 outs in the 9th vs Michael Givens.

Torres walks. Gary Sanchez now up to bat in a PH appearance.

something i just realized that i had never noticed about Yahoo! is that they remove the batting order number from a player when they've been removed from a game in real time.

pretty minor but nifty little feature imo

10 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

so much for estevez closing in colorado...he is getting destroyed in the 7th inning

picked up Estevez this morning ... ragged dropped him just now as he just cost me 6 frckin roto points ... sonofab!

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Hicks with a bases loaded walk and RBI.  Torres scores. Yankees lead 6-5 bottom of the 9th, Britton coming in for the save..

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jb_power said:

picked up Estevez this morning ... ragged dropped him just now as he just cost me 6 frckin roto points ... sonofab!

picked him up as well last night just in case...brutal day for him, luckily matty boyd helped offset him in my roto league

Yankees win! 4-game sweep over Baltimore. On to KC next.

• Like 3