Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/23 - GAME DAY THREAD

24 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Starting to really regret my CJ Cron drop a couple weeks ago 🤮

You and me both. I'm also starting Gio against the Stros tonight, so on tap is another dose of regret.

• Like 1

Kepler runs into the wall up 16-2..think I'd take it easy in the OF up by 14.

4 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

With each passing Josh Bell homer I get more and more sick to my stomach that I didn’t grab him early when I had a chance. I’ll just get to keep watching Abreu in my 1B spot 🤢🤮

I know how you feel. I drafted him each of the past two seasons waiting for the breakout. Got him in the 24th this year and dropped him when injuries struck my team early in the season. A part of me dies inside every time I see his thread bumped. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Blight said:

As a Toronto resident, can confirm.  For better or for worse, this has blown over very quickly due to:

(1) the city is in the midst of Raptors fever and no one realized this, which relates to ... (2) ... the majority of Jays fans in Toronto are major league bandwagoners anyways and barely have a clue what's going on with the team unless they're winning/contending.  This is unlike with the Raptors and Leafs, in which fans support and pay attention through thick and thin.

Of note, the Jays have a second chance of sorts, as it is "School Day" for today's game.  Every year towards the end of the school year, many grade schools in Toronto bring their students to a designated afternoon game as a field trip.  This will explain why the Rogers Centre may actually look like they have most of their seats filled today and can't let the kids down by sitting Vlad again.

Yeah the Boston broadcast showed all the school kids there.  Cool if you are a kid you can officially go to a ballgame in Toronto once a year without having to pay hooky.  Good for them.

But the announcers also said that the latest edition of the big Toronto paper featured a picture of Vlad running the bases after hitting his homer Tuesday night with the caption reading something like "This is what all of you missed seeing on Victoria Day."  The Toronto Star people haven't forgotten yet.  Hah.

• Haha 1

LaStella with a grand slam to bring the Angels within 9. If Anaheim can do that two more times we've got ourselves a ball game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Getting damn tired of Parker and Robles and their zero for the week 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Getting damn tired of Parker and Robles and their zero for the week 

seriously...thought for sure yesterday there would be a save opp...but noooo

Posted (edited)

Ugly collision in the OF with Oscar Mercado and Leonys Martin, Mercado getting the worst of it. 

Edit - apparently it looked way worse than it was and they both stay in the game. 

Edited by Redsfan34

22 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

LaStella with a grand slam to bring the Angels within 9. If Anaheim can do that two more times we've got ourselves a ball game.

Can't believe someone is probably dominating in their league because they have LaStella and Pence. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Platinum sombrero for Williamson. Time for another swing change, Mac. 

Luke Jackson gets the W  with Austin Riley getting the save. RBI single by Riley is the go ahead run in the top of the 13th. 

5 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Luke Jackson gets the W  with Austin Riley getting the save. RBI single by Riley is the go ahead run in the top of the 13th. 

Riley’s closing out games now too? Is there anything this kid can’t do?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gotta love Rick Renteria. Finally gets the top of the order right (Yoan-Anderson-Abreu) but he plants Eloy in the 6 spot a day after he batters a couple baseballs over the fence. Nothing like batting one of your biggest sticks behind a prototypical #9 hitter like Leury Garcia!

• Haha 1

Martin looks better tonight than in his last game, where his command was an obvious issue.  He was a little off for the first two batters, going 3-0 on the leadoff hitter, but seemed to settle in a bit for a solid first inning.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Martin looks better tonight than in his last game, where his command was an obvious issue.  He was a little off for the first two batters, going 3-0 on the leadoff hitter, but seemed to settle in a bit for a solid first inning.

I had more faith on him pitching back at hom.

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

I had more faith on him pitching back at hom.

Yeah.  A lot better setting for him obviously.  If he had any nerves pitching there, they'd be gone with his debut.

Gets his 1st K since his debut to close out the second inning...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Lawd lawd Giolito just hit 97

guy is oozing with talent...if he puts it together, Accccceeeeee

2 minutes ago, Watermock said:

guy is oozing with talent...if he puts it together, Accccceeeeee

His slider is just death to righties.