Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Gleyber Torres Trade WHIR

12 team 5x5 redraft h2h

have big hole at 2b and don't like any 2b outside moose and gleyber (mondesi and baez are close to untouchable)

want to keep riley, seager, and robles (need that 4th guy on my team to get sb)

that leaves mancini and a sp for gleyber (have good sp depth) 

what sp and mancini should get me gleyber? (he has good 2b/ss depth)

I am ok offering mancini and stram/ray/peacock. should I still do it if I have to offer hill/Porcello/kikuchi (I like kikuchi a lot)

my staff

keshaw, ryu, maeda, hill, bum, ray, stram, lucchesi, matz, Porcello, kikuchi, peacock

I would start with Ray / Strahm (especially since he is on a pitch / inn limit), as I am not sure they will take Peacock, but you never know. I would have no issues with offering Hill or Porcello, to get Torres. You are deep at SP. Since you like Kikuchi, I would hold off until at least each SP option has been tried, then deal him, if you have absolutely have to. 

If he would do the deal with Hill or Ray, I'd do it as both are very likely to be fantasy headaches like usual. Strahm being in a innings limit likely, wouldn't be bad either if that's what it took. I'd make the deal with any of those SPs, but personally would try to keep Kikuchi and Peacock.

I think Hill or Ray would be needed to get a deal done. Even so, I would go for it. Also, I would wait a couple days. Gleyber will not be hitting 2 HR per game for long. Right now, you might get an owner who ridiculously overvalues him.

Bear in mind Torres is doing most of this damage vs a historically bad Baltimore pitching staff. And isn't he already halfway through with them for the season?  I don't actually have his numbers in front of me, but if I were you, I'd prorate out his non-Orioles games and see what his numbers look like. Then try to assign value to them. 

i would honestly love to put in ray to get this deal. i just find ray really hard to own - especially if youre in a QS league. he just doesnt get deep into games i dont think he's any closer to adding efficiency + a new pitch such as a curve ball to his game. adding these items in and getting his IP/game closer to 6IP would be huge for his value. i just dont think hes ready to take that next step just yet. long story short, i'd be totally okay moving him unless there are some wonky long term / value based keeper rules in place. 

however, as the above posters said, i would also want to way a few days to get these good days beyond torres before throwing something out there. 

Return the favor?

I agree with offering Hill/Ray with Mancici and seeing where that gets you. I doubt the owner will accept that - you might have to offer Ryu which Id be ok with doing. Gleyber is going to have a monster season and Ryu will most likely regress and/or get injured.