Sign in to follow this  
tonywow

Use a #4 waiver on Hiura ? WHIR

Would you use the #4 waiver on Hiura ?

Hiura was dropped and is on waivers until tomorrow. I'm debating to use my 4 waiver or not. All the good young rookie call ups have been added by owners in this redraft league already. 

No idea what Hiura does ROS, but hes got a couple HRs and about 4 multi hit games already. With Jose Ramirez struggling big time, Hiura could be a big help if he continues to hit the ground running. It's possible someone else better could be dropped but who knows. 

My team

C Ramos 1B Goldy 2B Jram 3B Suarez SS Mondesi 

OF Starling Marte OF Pence OF Cutch UT Pete Alonso UT Luke Voit

BN Ohtani, Marwin, Eloy DL Judge, Tatis 

SP Carrasco, Morton, Hendricks, Soroka, Strahm, Mikolas 

RP Felipe, Hicks, Neris, Leclerc 

10 teamer there might be something better. looking at ur team I would pass (hiura wouldn't play at all and I don't think you can sit jo ram) 

also, judge and tatis are going to be back soon/eventually as well so you will have to drop some people (Leclerc and marwin look like easy drops when the time comes.)

• Like 1

No issues going after him, but not sure I see a drop, unless you are okay with dropping Marwin? The big question is what happens to Hiura, once Shaw returns?

• Like 1

I would. Number 4 waiver is not that high and this is a top hitting prospect in a hitter friendly park. My drop would be Marwin.

• Like 2

I would drop Marwin for him. Hiura has the possibility to be a complete stud, which Marwin will never be. Upside is too good to pass up IMO.

• Like 2

if you really wanna get  him i agree with the others and drop marwin especially with sano back - i think someone better comes along on the wire though

• Like 1

Yeah and drop a mt for Huira, keep Marwin he's a solid player who can play a lot of different spots. 

Why you playing jram?

Stats win not names

I think you're alright making the move here.  I had the #4 waiver starting the season and threw caution to the wind and burned it early.  Since then I've made two more successful claims because my league is overly stingy with their claims.  It's allowing me to run things by them before they're catching on.

Return the favor?

• Like 1