DaGreatest

Josh Naylor 2019 Outlook

Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Padres are calling up 1B/OF prospect Josh Naylor.

Naylor is expected to make his big-league debut in his native Canada when the Padres travel to Toronto this weekend. Miami drafted Naylor 12th overall in 2015 but traded him the following year as part of a deal that netted the Marlins Andrew Cashner, Colin Rhea (for a few days) and Tayron Guerrero. The 21-year-old has had a productive year in the minors, hitting .299 with 10 homers, 35 RBI and just 24 strikeouts in 184 at-bats. He's considered the Padres' ninth-best prospect, according to MLB.com.

• Like 1

It's call-up day!

garbage-day.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Probably just for the road trip to DH. No way he supplants Hosmer, Reyes, or Renfroe. 

• Like 1

Yeah. Think this dude is more talented then someone like, say Cron.. He just has no path here beyond AL parks. So you should be grabbing Cron and Biggio before you even think about this guy in re-draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtblock said:

Probably just for the road trip to DH. No way he supplants Hosmer, Reyes, or Renfroe. 

Exactly my thinking.  Perfect time for a cup of tea with the DH in effect, but I just don't see how he'll be fantasy viable after the AL road trip...just not enough ABs to go around I think with the other guys SD has right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be curious to see what happens... either way replacing harold ramirez this week in my line up

I'm just taking a stab at him for an extra bat for off days. Has 6 games in AL parks coming up, 5 vs lefties. I expect him to get called down but I just love his profile.

He has 70 grade raw power and a 11.5 BB% and 11.5 K%.

99% Chance he's called back down in 7 days.... but screw it.... I picked him up 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

I'm just taking a stab at him for an extra bat for off days. Has 6 games in AL parks coming up, 5 vs lefties. I expect him to get called down but I just love his profile.

He has 70 grade raw power and a 11.5 BB% and 11.5 K%.

99% Chance he's called back down in 7 days.... but screw it.... I picked him up 

Same here.  Just did the same, but hopefully he gets to be the regular DH for the next two series as I plan on using him for more than just off days.

While the series against the Yankees might not be the greatest on paper, at least it's in Yankee Stadium, and he gets 3 golden matchups right off the bat with Toronto.

Same here. I just picked him up as an extra batter based on his MILB performance. If he hits great, if not then I drop him. No guts no glory.

33 minutes ago, BCMarch10 said:

Same here. I just picked him up as an extra batter based on his MILB performance. If he hits great, if not then I drop him. No guts no glory.

just so you can have reference to his minor league numbers look at this entire roster so far

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=t_ibp&cid=4904

4 hours ago, FantasyFiend said:

Box score says 0/4 2Ks...for those who watched how did Naylor look up there?

UsoS79.gif

• Haha 5

Not helpful, but still funny.  Only say that because I doubt most of us saw the game (and it is a genuine question when somebody debuts poorly), but again, still funny.

3 for 6 a double and 2 rbi looks a lot better...

3 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Hit his 2nd homer yesterday. Is he going to be sent down anytime soon?

Padres seriously need a DH, how good could that offense be with Renfroe, Reyes and Naylor rotating around

but he should be sent down when Franchy is activated this week

And franchy has been hitting a couple bombs on rehab stint

22 minutes ago, hard1 said:

And franchy has been hitting a couple bombs on rehab stint

More importantly Franchy can play cf and ph pr and be a defensive replacement 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Padres seriously need a DH, how good could that offense be with Renfroe, Reyes and Naylor rotating around

Mejia would probably get most of the DH at-bats.  Imagine he kept Ca in fantasy by catching enough innings a year still and then got 400+ at bats as DH...

2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Padres need to trade some outfielders/prospects for starting pitching.