Fuzzy_Slippers

5/24 - GAME DAY THREAD

Luchesi probably better off as an RP. Second time third time thru the lineup he is garbage. Not a major league SP.

• Haha 1

acuna not really having the best inning.

comes up with the bases juice...swings at the first pitch, GIDP.  now two errors in the field that leads to a run

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Anyone seeing how folty is looking? Like any braves fan seeing a velo increase that they feel will make a difference?

Two misplayed balls in that outfield have lead to an unearned run. Folty just hit a batter. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

Hope everybody got their Rockies in their line-ups!

Posted (edited)

someone wanna explain to me why goldy isn't being credited with an infield hit here.

grounds deep into the hole...swanson makes a nice play and throws it to second, initially called an out on dexter fowler, but then overturned.  both runner end up safe.

edit:  nevermind, they changed it

Edited by crotchcrickets

Posted (edited)

A stellar play by Swanson is ruled out at 2nd but is overturned. First and second 2 down and DeJong in the box. Folty K's DeJong.  

Edited by weakkneeswilly

9 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Luchesi probably better off as an RP. Second time third time thru the lineup he is garbage. Not a major league SP.

Strong overreaction

Luchesi and Thornton both with 6 IP, 3 ER, and 10 k's. Two QS for the young pitchers

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

someone wanna explain to me why goldy isn't being credited with an infield hit here.

grounds deep into the hole...swanson makes a nice play and throws it to second, initially called an out on dexter fowler, but then overturned.  both runner end up safe.

He gets a hit on that play. 1/2 lined out his first AB. 

Another  2 bagger by B.B drives in a run. That short sabbatical will have done him good. 

7 hours ago, zstlj said:

Go reds, I love listening to the reds and Brenamann. 

Brennaman and Spielman should be the MNF broadcast team. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Brennaman and Spielman should be the MNF broadcast team. 

I would think that ESPN has asked Thom Brennaman more than once but he's under contract with Fox. He does some TB Bucs games for Fox and is great just like he is with the Reds. I'm with you. 

Posted (edited)

Some guy named Hartlieb just floated a fastball down the middle to Bellinger. He must not have known he was pitching to the top hitter in the game right now.

Edited by Yceman1234

2 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I would think that ESPN has asked Thom Brennaman more than once but he's under contract with Fox. He does some TB Bucs games for Fox and is great just like he is with the Reds. I'm with you. 

You really think ESPN has asked?   The MNF gig pays so much more than regional Sunday coverage that I'd think they couldn't stop him from taking that gig. 

2 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

anyone watching the blue jays? how has Biggio looked so far?

like he should be sent back down after the game

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

He was doing the Cardinals in 2004 NLCS as far back as I can go. Jim Edmonds walk off game 6 vs houston..... youth days were have u gone

• Like 2

I’m seriously thinking of opening a bottle of champagne the next time Goldy gets an extra base hit. 

• Haha 2

Come on Cash, let Snell finish an inning.  He was only at 104 pitches.  Seriously, his arm isn't going to fall off.

Snell has given up 4 runs total in his last 4 starts.  He's 1-1 because he's gotten a total of 1 run of run support in each of his last 3 games.  Borderline rant, but oh well...

Just now, mehtavg2000 said:

I’m seriously thinking of opening a bottle of champagne the next time Goldy gets an extra base hit. 

The cardinals swing and miss so much its nauseating 

28 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

You really think ESPN has asked?   The MNF gig pays so much more than regional Sunday coverage that I'd think they couldn't stop him from taking that gig. 

Yes I would think they have asked him. 

• Confused 1