Dirty Little Birdie

I'm in last place. What to do with this team? WHIR

Not to brag but I'm NEVER this low in the standings at this point of the season. I'm at a loss for words here. My team feels solid but I continue to drop in the standings. Any advice on what I should be doing as far as trades/pickups? 

10 team h2h redraft w/obp. 

c- Contreras

1b - Voit

2b - Altuve

3b - Arenado

ss - Segura

mi/ci - A. Riley, Chavis

of - Stanton, Brantley, Hoskins

util - Vlad Jr., Ohtani

bench - D. Gordon, Hicks, Gennett

sp - Nola, Syndergaard, Severino, Soroka, Fried, Folty, Heaney, J. Nelson

rp - W. Davis, Holland, Luke Jackson

Bench spots are VERY limited. Waiver Wire Talent is as follows:

Bats: Biggio, Clint Frazier, A. Diaz, Schwarber, Choo, Franmil, Reddick, Mazara, Puig, Castellanos, Myers, Miggy, Mallex Smith

Pitching: Taillon, Darvish, Duffy, Teheran, Stripling, Wood, Alex Reyes, Strickland, Urias, Taylor Rodgers, 

I'd stand put, but keep an eye on Clint Frazier. The big issue is Stanton not back, and missing Vlad until pretty much last week. Long season, this team can easily put up 11-0 weeks to climb up the standings.

• Like 1

I think you will be ok but I would move Chavis for a SP, right now!

• Confused 1

Teams not bad, but not good. I think you  need more consistency in all categories other than HR but this roster is seems a bit hodgepodge IMO.

Clearly IMO the issue is why do you have your rostered constructed this way? These injured guys rostered is ridiculous. It's also way too much power and shaky consistency. 10 teams here so dont be so trigger shy. 

- I dont think riley or chavis or ohtani are great owns for your team with the power u have. 

1) drop chavis, move vlad to CI , add Castellanos to U.  (285, 20, 90) just a stud hitter.

2) Add Franmil Reyes , drop Ohtani no doubt

3) YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT BENCH SCARCITY but your bench is being so poorly utilized,  Gennett and Hicks have barely played at all so 2 of your 3 bench spots are gone and have 0 for the entire year. Severino hasn't pitched, Stanton is hurt awhile. 

- You should have dropped gennett and.just reclaimed later when healthy. 

Just manage better honestly. 

• Like 1

Stay put! your team is good, its a long season. Maybe deal a hot hitter like chavis for a starter, as was mentioned below. you'll be fine in the long haul though

• Like 1

altuve and branley for Mookie or trout might be something I would look at it since the replacement value is decent in your league. im not a fan of altuve so if you can cash in on his name value I would do that trade.

• Like 1

For the most part, you've been the victim of injuries/cold starts. Those will fix themselves, so I think you'll rebound pretty well.  zstlj was right in that you can manage it a little tighter. I'm also in a ten team OBP league and Gennett was dropped almost immediately. Severino was dropped a couple weeks ago. Both are still FAs. 

I get where you're coming from as I suffer from the same malady - not being able to cut guys I drafted. This season I'm doing much better with it and it's showing in the standings. 

Thanks for mine!

• Like 2

I think what has been mentioned is a big problem. Efficiency in using your bench, the injuries, and consistency from your team as a whole.

I would DEFINITELY look to upgrade your starting pitching. There isn't enough meat in that rotation right now and as far as I'm concerned Severino is a big question mark upon return.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

altuve and branley for Mookie or trout might be something I would look at it since the replacement value is decent in your league. im not a fan of altuve so if you can cash in on his name value I would do that trade.

I wound up trading Altuve/Brantley for Yelich and scooped the Franimal with the extra pick up. So essentially, Yelich + Franmil for Altuve+ Brantley. Thanks for the advice

• Like 1

I would agree with moving Chavis to upgrade at SP and use the extra slot to pick up Choo. He has to fight for PT against Calhoun, Mazara, and Pence, but he's hitting .297 at the moment so it's tough to argue with that.

Thanks for help on mine.