Sign in to follow this  
Josean Pelota

Do you see any worthwhile add/drops? (WHIR)

So. There are some interesting starters and hitters available, that may be better than what I have now.  There's Canning (though I wouldn't get to start him today), Heaney (may start Sunday), Lynn (Is he sipping stem cell milkshakes?!), Nelson (though he ran out of gas in his latest rehab), and Pena (though he's working with openers). Or I could scoop Schoop as a backup to LaStella and Trea. I just don't know who my drop would be, if I should even drop someone at all. Eflin has been defying his peripherals but I can't seem to find a trade for him, and Gibson SHOULD be better than he is at the moment but those middle innings chew him up. Thoughts?

12-team, 10-cat, h2h, redraft

C- Realmuto; 1B - Rizzo; 2B - LaStella; 3B - Suarez; SS - Trea; OF - Springer, A.Jones, Pence; Util - Voit; Bench - Y.Alvarez; IL - Stanton, Conforto

SP - Caleb, Castillo, Eflin, Gibson, Mahle, Quintana, Weaver

RP - Hicks, Holland, Leclerc, Robles, Vazquez

Initial reaction is to drop Jones. But then you're short an OFer, lol..

I'd maybe pick up Schoop (for backup purposes) and drop one of Eflin, Gibson, or Mahle. Just not sure which one. Maybe Eflin. Mahle seems to have figured out how to pitch better these last few weeks.

I don't think I'd drop anyone except for maybe Leclerc at this point.  There have been murmurs of him getting the closer's gig back, but depending on how Canning shows in tonight's matchup, maybe he is worth checking out.  Otherwise, I'd hold.  

Guys I would considering picking up in this order:Schoop,Heaney, Nelson. Personally I would drop Jones too. But if that really handcuffs you probably Gibson out of your arms 

I definitely wouldn't drop Mahle just yet.  Provided a little write-up in the WW thread but I think he has a shot at providing some value this season.

I think Jones is the drop if you're willing to risk Conforto coming back from his concussion and not performing (He's eligible to return today, but I haven't seen any indication that he's starting tonight).  Depending on who is on your WW, I might focus on getting a hitter as insurance, although Heaney/Nelson are attractive stashes.  I also own Stanton and have zero confidence that we'll see him anytime soon.

Gibson been decent but think I would switch him with Heaney depending on gibsons  next start tomorrow

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Gibson been decent but think I would switch him with Heaney depending on gibsons  next start tomorrow

Agree with this. Or drop Jones for Schoop, if you want a bat instead of an arm. 

Yeah, just can't drop Jones yet because it leaves me an OF shy, and that's assuming Springer is back today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1