30Burger

D.J. Moore 2019 Outlook

Predict he'll be a mid-WR2 that goes later in drafts. Especially if Cam can get healthy and throw more than 15+ yards.

I don't think he is a sneaky sleeper. Everyone knows his breakout is dependent on cams throwing ability which is why he is valued as a mid draft pick about 7th rd with Fuller-anderson-Arob-kirk-Davis and if I'm not taking wr's in that round i would probably take a shot on a Qb-rb or te.

The sneaky sleeper on the team is Curtis  Samuel if he can stay healthy who is valued in the 12th rd.

If I'm looking at  wr's on what may be red flag passing offenses at what could be depressed prices for their potential target share, I probably pass on mid round DJ take anderson and grab the later round  larry fitz+curtis samuel.

• Like 2

Moore & Chris Godwin were two young WRs I really liked last year. I like both to outperform their adp in '19. As others have pointed out, Mike Williams is another one. 

Funchess is gone, no high draft picks.  Stock rising for DJ Moore.  One of my favorite break-out candidates.

27 broken tackles on 68 touches last year?  Impressive for a WR.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

27 broken tackles on 68 touches last year?  Impressive for a WR.

Yep.  Recorded the most missed tackles per reception in the LEAGUE last year.  

• Thanks 1

Now DJ Moore just needs Cam Newton to be healthy this year.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now DJ Moore just needs Cam Newton to be healthy this year.

Yeah, and I just need a million dollars. Well, I guess the chance of Cam being healthy is a bit better, but so far it's not guaranteed yet:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-still-not-throwing-four-months/article_c90d89ae-7cc5-11e9-b259-175f446e72cf.html

Rivera said there’s still no timetable for when Newton will begin throwing again, but remains optimistic the 30-year-old QB will be ready to practice when the team opens training camp in late July.

I better start working on that million dollars...

Maybe he needs a different qb than cam... Jason Campbell could get it to josh gordon eli to odell... like cam needs healthy? ? Dj just needs fed... and his breakout all on his own..

Cam is already throwing a regular size football, which is a month ahead of where Luck was a year ago at this time.  I think Cam will be fine.  Really like both DJ Moore and CSamuel to outperform their current ADP this season.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Cam is already throwing a regular size football, which is a month ahead of where Luck was a year ago at this time.  I think Cam will be fine.  Really like both DJ Moore and CSamuel to outperform their current ADP this season.

Ok, that's good news. I didn't see that yet when I posted the above, and it seems to have happened a couple days after:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article231013923.html

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has begun throwing a regulation-sized football, a league source told the Observer on Thursday night.

D.J Moore is currently ranked @ 48 in the new yahoo rankings, that's a 4th round pick in a 12 teamer. The dream of landing him in the 7th round + is a joke unless you'll be playing with scrubs.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, markrc99 said:

Moore & Chris Godwin were two young WRs I really liked last year. I like both to outperform their adp in '19. As others have pointed out, Mike Williams is another one. 

& Godwin is 37th on yahoo and rising, 1 pick away from being a 3rd round pick. These guys are not sleepers, everybody is on them and their ADP's are rising like crazy already.

• Like 1

Just curious. When was the last time cam had a really consistent useful fantasy wr? Kelvins rookie year? 

2 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Just curious. When was the last time cam had a really consistent useful fantasy wr? Kelvins rookie year? 

He hasn't had a guy with Moore's talent since Steve Smith, though...

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He hasn't had a guy with Moore's talent since Steve Smith, though...

Do we really know moore is on the Steve smith level? That's quite the compliment. I might need to revaluate this guy.

Cam has also just had his 2nd throwing shoulder surgery. Hopefully that doesnt cause any setbacks 

41 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think it's certainly within the realm of possibilities.  His profile is about as impressive as you'll see.  

Love that yac too. Something about a guy who can run after the catch that really makes me wanna draft em

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Benjamin has proven to be JAG though.  Devin Funchess?  Psh.

• Like 1

Baldy is HYPED on DJ Moore this season.

https://www.panthers.com/video/why-d-j-moore-is-going-to-be-a-breakout-star-in-2019

Great breakdown of his rookie year. We all know he has the YAC but seeing how creatively they used him across the formation is my biggest takeaway. The coaching staff know they have a playmaker and are actively getting the ball into his hands in many different ways. Very encouraging going into his second year and year two in this offense as an organization. 

I'm often seeing Moore go behind the tier of Godwin, Lockett, and Ridley. I rank DJ's tier:

• DJ Moore
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Mike Williams
  • Watkins (lowered for injury reasons and Tyreek looking more likely to return sooner than later)
  • Robby Anderson

I think if DJ is there for me in the 5th, I'm taking him every single time. Not entirely sure he will be there by Labor Day though. 

22 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

I'm often seeing Moore go behind the tier of Godwin, Lockett, and Ridley.

Locket/Moore >> Godwin/Ridley. 

That's not one tier at all in my book.

10 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Locket/Moore >> Godwin/Ridley. 

That's not one tier at all in my book.

Switch Lockett and Godwin

Posted (edited)

To clarify:

Lockett > Moore/Godwin > Ridley 

Granted the middle two are based on mostly potential to be "the guy" so that's based on how lucky you feel with them. Ridley of course is not but as I stated elsewhere, I think the Falcs remain more of a pass-happy team than many seem to believe and so even as WR2 will continue to get enough touches to merit consideration (slightly over-valued though IMO).

Edited by bomont

Posted (edited)

Godwin/Moore > Lockett/Pettis/Kirk > Ridley

Edited by RMJ_12