30Burger

D.J. Moore 2019 Outlook

I am now on this train. [...] Hopefully he puts up WR2 numbers.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

I'm starting him over Boyd this week. Mostly because I want to watch a player from both teams on a Thursday night game. This almost never works out for me but Boyd / Moore are pretty equal this week imo.

So now I get to watch OJ Howard and Moore. Can't wait.

Edited by n4sa

PPR league winner, Cam can’t throw deep at all so everything is going underneath and Moore will pass 100 catches comfortably this season.

• Haha 2

Was worried about Samuel at first but I think both of these guys can eat. Moore is looking like a really strong PPR option right now. Glad I started him over Boyd. Just wish I didn't start OJ Howard.

22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Cam doesnt run anymore, he throws, misses, throws, misses, throws, and misses. But 51 throws tonight DJ gonna eat.

This the only thing that has me worried. Cams accuracy is horrible. It has to improve during the season... Right? 

Just now, Sticky2 said:

This the only thing that has me worried. Cams accuracy is horrible. It has to improve during the season... Right? 

It can't get worse hopefully, DJ has 24 targets in 2 weeks I'm not worried. He's the slot security blanket.

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Cam doesnt run anymore, he throws, misses, throws, misses, throws, and misses. But 51 throws tonight DJ gonna eat.

Buccs took CMC out of the game, don't think this is going to be near the standard he will throw.

But agree, if Cam would be able to throw passes bot Moore and Samuel would eat. But so long it's DJ for volume and Samuel hoping Cam can land at least one good pass 🙈

How confident are folks with starting Moore if Newton doesn’t play?  Newton was at least feeding him targets. 

11 minutes ago, ZappB said:

How confident are folks with starting Moore if Newton doesn’t play?  Newton was at least feeding him targets. 

Trying to decide this myself.  

I can't decide if he's hurt or helped by Newton not being in there.  I mean, Cam stinks and can't seem to complete anything down the field.  Moore is a guy that should be busting some big plays down the field and it never happens.  I think I saw another stat somewhere (but don't quote me) that Newton is throwing the highest percentage of uncatchable balls of any QB.

Maybe somebody else would help him.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZappB said:

I have been wondering about this too, I’m not sure what I should do here. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure I'm starting him either way. Might actually perform better because it's hard to get throws less accurate than Cam's the last two weeks. 

Arizona is an awful defense, Moore will have no problem getting open. They could very well put up a decent amount of points on the Panthers too and force them to be throwing it.

11 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Trying to decide this myself.  

I can't decide if he's hurt or helped by Newton not being in there.  I mean, Cam stinks and can't seem to complete anything down the field.  Moore is a guy that should be busting some big plays down the field and it never happens.  I think I saw another stat somewhere (but don't quote me) that Newton is throwing the highest percentage of uncatchable balls of any QB.

Maybe somebody else would help him.  

Kyle Allen. I know. I had to google him too. 

Anyone got some info about Kyle Allen's favorite targets in pre-season? Some reassuring stat lines? Anything? Please?

Did some research myself, this kid beat out Kyler Murray for the Texas A&M QB job and they're about to face off if Cam doesn't start. Very interesting story line. Also, Kyle started a game last year Week 17. Here's his best throws from that game:

https://www.panthers.com/video/kyle-allen-s-best-throws-from-first-career-start

Edited by collucho

I view DJ Moore as an extension of the run game. All his routes are of the shorter variety anyway so the only issue with him until Cam comes back may be volume. I don’t see the quality of his 3 step slants and smoke screens going down as every QB in the NFL can make those throws, starter or not. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leopard said:

That sideline bomb to Moore and Samuel bomb TD, hmm, interesting.🤔 

That game Moore has 8 targets, caught 4 for 81 yards from Allen.

Edited by Godeep

He’s gonna be fine guys. Cards may also push the pace of this game aside from not putting up a huge fight defensively. Moore is a confident start for me this week.

6 hours ago, Godeep said:

That sideline bomb to Moore and Samuel bomb TD, hmm, interesting.🤔 

That game Moore has 8 targets, caught 4 for 81 yards from Allen.

I would like to add this as well: have you seen these deep bombs from Cam last two weeks? Allen is definitely being underestimated 

DJ Moore is an inexperienced QBs best friend.  Stock up big time in the short term.

• Like 1