Sign in to follow this  
kidtwentytwo

Biggest Gas Can in the Majors?

Can we include former fluke cy young winners? Rick Porcello trotted out some nights and served the ball so sweetly, I would’ve thought he googled batter heat maps to try and help the opposition out.

Bronson Arroyo and Eric Milton were some of my favorites, unfortunate that they both played in a launching pad in Cinci.

Mike Leake can serve up a beautiful 89 MPH flat fastball that catches too much of the plate.

Posted (edited)

Jhoulys Chacin... streamed him last night as only a desperate fool would for a lovely 2.2 IP, L, 6 H, 7 ER, 4 BB, 2 K. He managed to walk 2 runs in during the 3rd inning. 🔥  🔥

Edited by Unoslacker
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mike11 said:

Can we include former fluke cy young winners? Rick Porcello trotted out some nights and served the ball so sweetly, I would’ve thought he googled batter heat maps to try and help the opposition out.

Porcello doesn’t fit in this category.... he’s not an ace anymore but he’s steady. Doesn’t get shelled often.

Pedro Borbon and Jeff Tam were instant fire starters. Any critical moment was met met with a HR. Pedro held over 1HR/9 and 4.5BBs/9. Tamnot much better.

Gotta be Shelby Miller. Why the Rangers continue to roll him out there in any role is beyond me. He’s currently averaging over 6 BBs per 9 innings to go along with his 9.36 ERA.

Nick Kingham will be in my next top 10. He’s so horrific.

• Like 1

Famillia... (thanks to Degrom) getting hurt and not pitching the 8’th inning, I just lost a six team parlay. Needed the Mets who had 6 outs to get and a 4 run lead to cash for $2,590...

on a $10 bet. I’m ******** speechless! 

• Sad 3

Kevin GAuS(C)mAN

He is the worst kind of Gas Can....because he will look decent for stretches, fool you into streaming him, then obliterate your ratios with an 8 ER melt down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Add Drew Smyly’s sorry a$$ to the list. Entered tonight’s game with a 6.98 ERA which will go up after getting clobbered by that dangerous Orioles lineup tonight. Why do the Rangers insist on rolling out these turds night after night?    And to think, Smyly was a guy I had on a few of my teams a number of years ago.

• Like 1

Whoever pitches against Garrett Cooper 😍

The Rangers went with the Smyly/Shelby Miller combo tonight who combined for 5.1 Innings 12 hits 9 runs 2 walks. That combo is a burning gas inferno.

• Thanks 2

Does Cahill count?

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Does Cahill count?

He's not bad enough... yet.