Sign in to follow this  
ghostdragon

Zach Plesac 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

What is hubbub...not worth owning in 12 or less and I find his lack of k’s disturbing

What's "disturbing" about averaging 8.4 k/9 throughout a career? Will he have elite K numbers? Probably not. But disturbing lack of Ks? Laughably, no.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

What's "disturbing" about averaging 8.4 k/9 throughout a career? Will he have elite K numbers? Probably not. But disturbing lack of Ks? Laughably, no.

Maybe the person was referring to the lack of K's last night?  I dunno, as I didn't go back and read anything from the previous page, but it is probably safe to say he'll be more like a Hendricks than a Bieber (even though I'm not buying he's all of a sudden an elite K guy after two starts).  Not that there's anything particularly wrong with being a Hendricks since he's still a pretty good SP even without a bunch of K's, but you are right, even he isn't worthless in the category.

under no circumstances should anyone find lack of Ks 'disturbing' lmao cmon.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:24 AM, Dr. Whom said:

What is hubbub...not worth owning in 12 or less and I find his lack of k’s disturbing

You find his lack of Ks disturbing?

After 1 start?

His MLB debut?

Against the Red Sox?

In Boston?

C'mon man, what are you doing here?

• Like 3

Must-own in deep 12 or 14 teamers? Seems to have nice upside.

1 hour ago, PPolanco said:

Must-own in deep 12 or 14 teamers? Seems to have nice upside.

As barren as most of our SP is in FAs, if he's still around I'd say add now and drop later if he doesn't pan out. If his velo has risen like we've read and he already had a great K/BB with good command, he could be a very nice pick up. 

Will he stay in the rotation?

6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Will he stay in the rotation?

I don't see how he doesn't, as even when Clevinger comes back, Rodriguez should be the odd man out.  That is as long as he continues to pitch well.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

I don't see how he doesn't, as even when Clevinger comes back, Rodriguez should be the odd man out.  That is as long as he continues to pitch well.

Kluber?

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

Kluber?

That might be well into Aug or Sept?? Plenty of time for Plesac to establish himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Kluber?

If Kluber ever comes back.  He'll want to regardless, but the Indians are almost assured of not making the playoffs, so the team might say no.  Even if he does, like the person above me said, it won't be for a long time regardless.

This kid has poise. Looked really good today. Good deception in his delivery makes his lively mid-90s fastball hard to hit. Solid secondaries in his change and slider but the fastball is the main weapon combined with good command. I just added him in two of my leagues.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let's be real, in that division anyone with a pulse should be rostered and streamed often, at least.

Promising start.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow.. just realized espn ownership jumped to 30% today... looks like everyone is catching on fast

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Nice start today, chart was pretty nice too:

FB- up a full tick from his last start, averaged 95 MPH and popped 97, great vert action to it, threw 61--42 strikes with 34 swings and 8 whiffs! Strike plot map was really sharp, just painting in all quadrants...this might be a plus/plus type of FB we are seeing from the left side...

SL- really like the actions on this pitch and his release point is tough to pick-up and comes from similar spot as FB/other offerings. He sat 85 with it today, threw14--11 strikes with 10 swings and 3 whiffs.

CH- comes in very similarly --velo wise-- to the SL, at 86 MPH, offers much more dive though. Threw 13--8 strikes with 6 hacks at it.

CU- this is what we need to see more of, imo. It has some great shape and horizontal sweep to it, at 80 MPH it is a nice spot on his velo spectrum, spun up 8--4 strikes with 3 hacks.

96 pitches, 69 strikes, 20 swings and misses. Yup, that'll play. 

I was skeptical, but watched him today and was really impressed. Sure it was against the ChiSox, not murderer's row, but nice road start regardless. 

In an era where young guys feel the need to strike everyone out, running counts deep and pitch totals up, it was quite pleasant to watch him and Giolito hammer the zone. 

3 minutes ago, LoGo said:

96 pitches, 69 strikes, 20 swings and misses. Yup, that'll play. 

I was skeptical, but watched him today and was really impressed. Sure it was against the ChiSox, not murderer's row, but nice road start regardless. 

In an era where young guys feel the need to strike everyone out, running counts deep and pitch totals up, it was quite pleasant to watch him and Giolito hammer the zone. 

Correction***

He had 11 swinging strikes not 20! Still real solid. 20 would have been absolutely elite!

• Thanks 1

If Kluber pitches again this season I’ll be stunned. Rodriguez should be dunzo once Clevinger is ready, so Plesac should be in for the foreseeable future.

Yankees next...Man do I want to put him in my weekly rotation but the Yankees are banging righties pretty good this year.  What to do, what to do...

Either way, I would love to see him do well.  Like many, I am DESPERATE for a viable starting pitcher to lift my current rotations.  I grabbed this guy across the board last week hoping for lightning in a bottle.

Ponderous....

tough start today home vs NYY. We rolling the dice here? Lack of walks keeps this attractive, but as the previous poster said, Yanks have been hitting righties hard.. I was going to say, this is definitely the kid's biggest test so far in the show... but he already snuffed Boston out in Fenway.. Tough call on this start either way

I'm starting him bc my ERA and WHIP are already destroyed and also because he's pitching at home.

If this was at yankee stadium, it'd prolly be a sit for me.

I’m starting him in both my leagues. I haven’t won or lost era/whip yet so this could backfire 

In 11 total starts this year in AA/AAA/MLB he has a 1.42 era and 0.78 whip in 69 2/3 and 65 ks to go with that. I know only 2 starts are in the majors but he’s been on fire this year and was good in Fenway so why not take a chance. It’s also at home and the Yankees first time seeing him those are two more things working for him