Fuzzy_Slippers

5/27 - GAME DAY THREAD

Man, Castillo. 3 BB, HBP and now a balk?  Thru 3 innings? Dude, you gotta be smarter. Too many recent signs of that 10 cent head showing up again. 

3 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Man, Castillo. 3 BB, HBP and now a balk?  Thru 3 innings? Dude, you gotta be smarter. Too many recent signs of that 10 cent head showing up again. 

It’s like he’s a few adjustments away from being truly elite but just can’t figure it out. 

Man, Gerrit Cole sucks.  I've been saying to buy low on him all year, but at this point, I have to admit I was wrong.  All those strikeouts are nice, but at some point you have to be able to keep the ball in the yard and stop giving up 4 runs a game if you want to be a top 12 pitcher like Cole was getting drafted as this year.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Cole is no match for Rizzo. 

It makes me sick that I spent a 3rd round pick on Gerrit Cole and his brutal 4.34 ERA

Yeah Cole has been brutal.

So Aaron Sanchez is an opener now?

Castillo just has no idea where the ball is going once it leaves his hand today. 

Just now, treat88 said:

Castillo just has no idea where the ball is going once it leaves his hand today. 

He may as well close his eyes lol. That’s my boy though. 

How in the world is Straily still on the orioles roster? This guy is the worst pitcher in the league, hands down. No one close.

2 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Is Machado ever going to be good this year?

No

4 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'd love to put $100 on every mlb starter who's lost immediate family members in the military to hit a home run today. Anyone know if this type of information is available?

Not trying to be a d**** but why?  How about donate that money in their names to a charitable cause for vets and their families?  You’re guaranteed to win that way, and it actually helps them out.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Is Machado ever going to be good this year?

I am beginning to feel like I never want another player who has signed their "Last Big Contract" on my team.  Motivation-killer.

1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

RIP Biil Buckner

Image result for bill buckner

Sorry to hear about his death.  Glad this happened though when he had still had time left to appreciate the healing:

... But time heals most wounds, and while it took years, the relationship between Buckner and Boston fans eventually warmed.

The first step came in 2004, when the Red Sox finally ended the "Curse of the Bambino" by sweeping the Cardinals in the World Series. For fans, it was a chance to forget about the past and celebrate the present.

The next step came four years later in the Red Sox's 2008 home opener. That previous October, the team had won its second World Series title in four years, and on that April day, they were celebrating it with past and present Boston sports greats. One of them there: Bill Buckner.

From out under a massive American flag draped over the Green Monster, Buckner was introduced to the crowd and walked slowly to the mound amid a standing ovation that lasted nearly two minutes. With tears in his eyes, the left-hander delivered the ceremonial first pitch, a strike to former teammate Evans as the Fenway faithful roared. ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FritzLn said:

Chirinos is nothing but an innings eater. No Ks and can't keep the ball in the park. Much more value in real life

spacer.png

• Like 2