Sign in to follow this  
Windgara

Huge trade help

20 team h2h 8 keeper league. currently 1st place his team is 9th .

just got offered machado/bregman for my acuna/chavis.....  prob good for me just huge fan of acuna. also can i replace chavis for something less?(his value is wierd now but he about to get 1st base eligibility. will return favor(my and his team will be listed below). Will return the favor :)

my team :

c : ramos

1st smoak

2nd ramirez

3rd chavis

ss : marte

3 of : brantly/acuna/mcutchen

utl : moustakas

bench :russel/mcann/canha/verdugo

dl : trumbo/healy

NA: ruiz/hays

pitching  2 sp/2rp/ 4p:

stras/verlander/oberg/domingo german/hand/chapman/holland/luke/gioloto

dl : boruski/severino/manea

na : baria/gohara/sheffield.

his team :

cervelli/bellinger/schoop/machado/bregman/harper/dietrich/brandon lowe/soto/cain

dl : diaz/tulo 

na: kebryan hayes/hanley ramirez

pitching :

mengend/brasier/crick/cishek/ottavino/romo/guerra/roark/wainwright/aaron sanchez/eflin/hicks

I wouldn't. acuna is bregman with 30 sb upside and more upside in general. 

I might entertain bregman soto and a sp upgrade for Chavis acuna and a sp 

maybe jo ram and Chavis/brantly for Bellinger (if moose can play 2b) not sure how valuable depth is in your 20 teamer as your team looks pretty deep

to start of lets say i love acuna so i feel that clouds my mind.

but reality bregman and acuna should be close right?  acuna has edge but not sure how  big.

machado as much as is meh in sd he has been constant 30+ hr player most of his career. he would be update over chavis but issue is chavis value hard to get . he on fire he will get eligibility for 1st soon too. if i swap him out for someone else who would it be?

Do you believe Machado will turn it around? Because that's the big piece of the trade to me IMO. If he has a chance to turn it on, and can produce like the Machado of the past 5 years moving forward, I like Bregman and Machado... but I really think that this trade should boil down to what you think Machado will do. Acuna is probably the best player in the trade, but I really like Bregman too. 

Chavis is really hard to gauge because he has been red-hot... He doesn't seem to be cooling off and will have more position eligibility. I dunno, this is hard to gauge. I don't think there is that big of an edge to Acuna over Bregman and again feel like this boils down to how much you believe in Machado.

2 minutes ago, nlm said:

Do you believe Machado will turn it around? Because that's the big piece of the trade to me IMO. If he has a chance to turn it on, and can produce like the Machado of the past 5 years moving forward, I like Bregman and Machado... but I really think that this trade should boil down to what you think Machado will do. Acuna is probably the best player in the trade, but I really like Bregman too. 

Chavis is really hard to gauge because he has been red-hot... He doesn't seem to be cooling off and will have more position eligibility. I dunno, this is hard to gauge. I don't think there is that big of an edge to Acuna over Bregman and again feel like this boils down to how much you believe in Machado.

do you see someone else i can offer instead of chavis?  

also not sure about machado... he has been pretty automatice 30+ hr player even on a down year he should be there no?

I think Bregman & Acuna are close. Have no issues with the original trade, as it allows both sides to win, imo.

But if you want to swap Chavis out, maybe see if they are interested in JoRam. Probably not, but you never know. If Chavis does get 1B, that increases his value, so if you can keep him out of the deal, that would be nice. Thanks for mine!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Windgara said:

do you see someone else i can offer instead of chavis?  

also not sure about machado... he has been pretty automatice 30+ hr player even on a down year he should be there no?

I'm not sure what his current pace is. I've owned him since day 1, and he has been hitting better, but the power isn't coming yet. Something tells me that will change, but I'm also trying to be optimistic.

I think Chavis is an OK player to deal. I do believe he will cool off and pitching will adjust or make adjustments. That being said, if you acquired Bregman, it would be to play 3B yes? So Chavis would be an upgrade to Smoak, but Smoak isn't too shabby in OBP leagues.

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

I think Bregman & Acuna are close. Have no issues with the original trade, as it allows both sides to win, imo.

But if you want to swap Chavis out, maybe see if they are interested in JoRam. Probably not, but you never know. If Chavis does get 1B, that increases his value, so if you can keep him out of the deal, that would be nice. Thanks for mine!

JoRam is actually a solid idea. I still am a believer he could get his season line up there... I've seen some terrible starts over the years. And at least he still provides speed. You could always try it, and see where it goes. I like it better than including Chavis. Also, maybe if you hold out until he has 1B value, you could get more?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

But if you want to swap Chavis out, maybe see if they are interested in JoRam.

Now there's an idea.  Name value alone might get him to bite on JoRam.  Try that.

Thanks for mine!

• Like 1

not obp league but i got enough flex most people on my team have multi position. 

not trading ram yet i belive he will turn it around and even at his worse he huge for sb category.

I would stick with what you have. I like Bregman but we all know what Machado is.  Acuna mushy higher upside. 

Posted (edited)

I like Bregman and Machado side more to be honest. Id pull the trigger. Chavis already starting to come back down to earth

thanks for the help with mine

Edited by blgmike2

Tough one.  I lean towards the Acuna/Chavis side.  Acuna's SB potential along with Chavis' upside sway it ever so slightly for me. I don't think we'll see the usual Machado #s this year.

Thanks for mine.   

30 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

acuna and bregman aren't close in dynasty/keeper

acuna is better but is the gap that big?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Windgara said:

acuna is better but is the gap that big?

yes.

lets say that acuna and bregman are = in rbis runs hrs and avg. (acuna has much more power and a higher avg threat imo)

the difference in 20+sb is huge value wise. imagine giving khris davis, abreau, edwin 20 sb. they go from good/great players to elite 1st rd options

Edited by colepenhagen

make sense guess didnt think of it that way.

side question.

would something like ramirez and mcutchen(or mouse) for story be to much?

I'd make that trade as well, and agree that maybe you swap JoRam for Chavis. That way you can shift Marte to 2nd, Chavis to 1st eventually and have Bregman and Machado hold down SS & 3B for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the help with mine!

I would make the trade. Bregman and Machado are both established great players.  Machado might not produce career numbers this year but SD has a lot of young talent to protect him (Franmil Reyes, Tatis, Urias, Renfroe) 

Acuna 30-40 homers with 20-25 SB potential. 

Bregman 35+ homers, 10-15 SB potential. Machado - 30+ homers 10-15 SB

I would do it. Machado won't stay down for long and I see Brennan and Acuna as close while Chavis is the weakest link in the deal. I say go for it

Just echoing the majority at this point. Bregman is great, but that is pretty much what you get from Acuna (esp in keeper league) with more steals. Keep what you have.

I like both sides to an extent. If we knew Manny would put up a typical season, but his LAD numbers weren't amazing and hasn't been quite who he was in the AL in the NL thus far. Bregman should be fine and is a nice piece. I do like Acuna a good deal, and Chavis has been very good for BOS, wouldn't be surprised to see him with comparable numbers as Manny ROS. I'd probably stay put, personally especially if in first and everything has worked for you so far.