sjm76

Darren Waller 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, CrastersCreep said:

I’ve had 3 people message me in one league expressing interest in Waller so while i generally agree with your reasoning, I think people who have watched him are extremely impressed, as they should be. But i hues in a scenario where you own an elite TE like Kelce it makes more sense to move him and hold Waller?

Not unless you believe in Waller. 

Let's say max value of a player can be 5, with 1 being lowest. Let's say Kelce is a 5 and Waller is a 4 (based on actual production not perceived trade value). If you trade Kelce you're likely going to get a player of equal or just less value because of name and where he was drafted. And it's rare for someone to overpay for a tight end. Where as if you trade Waller you're almost certainly not going to get what he's worth (or as much as Kelce would fetch) because he's a bit of an unknown. Sort of like Kittle was last year.

Trading away Waller:

Kelce (5) + WR/RB (3 and lower) = 8 max

Trading away Kelce:

Waller (4) + WR/RB (4 and higher) = 8 minimum

And those values are assuming Waller plays worse than Kelce all year.

That's sort of how I look at it. There's more value to be had by trading Kelce (assuming Waller keeps this up). 

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1

Q) when is 13/134 considered a letdown?

A) when CBS had him at 17/177 when i checked stat tracker shortly after 4 p.m. 🤣

whooooaaa, Nelly - we gots a beast up in here ... hoe lee chit!

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Q) when is 13/134 considered a letdown?

A) when CBS had him at 17/177 when i checked stat tracker shortly after 4 p.m. 🤣

whooooaaa, Nelly - we gots a beast up in here ... hoe lee chit!

Wow I never saw that on CBS live scoring. Must've had a big one called back. Happy as heck with his line though. Imagine if he can start getting some scores.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Imagine if he can start getting some scores.

Matchup against the Colts in week 4 sounds good.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Matchup against the Colts in week 4 sounds good.

Image result for nods in approval gif

Mr. Hooper drove a ridiculously bountiful magick foosball boat vs. them yesterday ...

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Mr. Hooper drove a ridiculously bountiful magick foosball boat vs. them yesterday ...

Darren Waller:

spacer.png

• Haha 4

He's gonna finish a top 3 TE. The team is terrible so they'll always be passing and Carr obviously loves him. Only concern would be defenses paying him more attention. 

This is about Engram, but the whole time I was reading it I was thinking “hmm wonder how Waller compares”.

Then I saw the last line. 😁🥳😁🥳

And that’s in 3 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It's been relatively quiet here so I thought I'd mention how proud I am of this community.  I feel like we all collectively willed Darren Waller into existence, and now everyone gets to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  It's like, if we said he ran a 4.46 40 over and over again, eventually it would became a reality on the field.  If we said he'd be a top two target on the Raiders enough, that it would be so.

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif

Thank you to all of us.  Thanks to Darren Waller I guess, but mostly, thanks to all of us.  Let's continue to do our part in getting this hype train up to Flash Gordon standards.  Even if the rest of my team is a flaming pile of garbage, I know that at the very least, we are all the Wallerus.

giphy.gif

• Like 8

This is like a Trey Burton hype train that actually went somewhere. Feels good man

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

It's been relatively quiet here so I thought I'd mention how proud I am of this community.  I feel like we all collectively willed Darren Waller into existence, and now everyone gets to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  It's like, if we said he ran a 4.46 40 over and over again, eventually it would became a reality on the field.  If we said he'd be a top two target on the Raiders enough, that it would be so.

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif

Thank you to all of us.  Thanks to Darren Waller I guess, but mostly, thanks to all of us.  Let's continue to do our part in getting this hype train up to Flash Gordon standards.  Even if the rest of my team is a flaming pile of garbage, I know that at the very least, we are all the Wallerus.

giphy.gif

It's hard for me to get that excited about a TE who has Carr as his QB. But he's a beast and I'm happy I picked him up. 

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

This is like a Trey Burton hype train that actually went somewhere. Feels good man

never forgot i owned him last year and always came up disappointed every sunday

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cincythunder said:

never forgot i owned him last year and always came up disappointed every sunday

I'll accept my fair share of the blame for that fiasco

• Haha 1

Elite beast is just killing time in the NFL until he's 35 years old so he can be president before ascending directly to Heaven.

• Haha 3

His 30 percent target share for the year, per airyards.com, paces the Oakland Raiders by a wide margin, with Tyrell Williams' 17% clip sitting second on the team. Not only that but the 30 percent target share is tops among all tight ends. He also holds a solid 26 percent air yards share, second at the position to only Travis Kelce (27 percent).

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Elite beast is just killing time in the NFL until he's 35 years old so he can be president before ascending directly to Heaven.

Where in heaven, he takes the starting TE gig from Mike Ditka, catching bombs from Unitas, Marino, and Montana. He is the first ever angel to have a 100% catch rate, and a TD on 97% of his targets. The 3% is just the times he outran the ball.

One final post on this topic.  He generally seems like a good dude who is dedicated to getting better.  Check these quotes out:

Asked if he thought he should have made the catch [his one drop in the game], Waller said, “Absolutely. There’s no question. My trainer from back home texted me. I need to do pushups. Pushups for all drops. It absolutely should have been caught.”

Derek Carr - “I want to praise this guy as much as I can because the guy literally blocks Everson Griffen, he blocks (Danielle) Hunter, he’s in there blocking these guys, and then he’s out there running routes on Trae Waynes, (Eric) Kendricks and (Harrison) Smith. You’re like, `Bro, what can’t you do?’ I don’t think enough kids are wearing his jersey, that’s for sure.

Source

I'm really rooting for this guy and this hype train.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

One final post on this topic.  He generally seems like a good dude who is dedicated to getting better.  Check these quotes out:

Asked if he thought he should have made the catch [his one drop in the game], Waller said, “Absolutely. There’s no question. My trainer from back home texted me. I need to do pushups. Pushups for all drops. It absolutely should have been caught.”

Derek Carr - “I want to praise this guy as much as I can because the guy literally blocks Everson Griffen, he blocks (Danielle) Hunter, he’s in there blocking these guys, and then he’s out there running routes on Trae Waynes, (Eric) Kendricks and (Harrison) Smith. You’re like, `Bro, what can’t you do?’ I don’t think enough kids are wearing his jersey, that’s for sure.

Source

I'm really rooting for this guy and this hype train.

Awesome quotes! I have him on 3 of my 5 teams and really regret not having him on the other 2.

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

He really is the anti Burton (who I had last year as well)

Burton needed a TD to be relevant while Waller is a top TE without scoring (yet).

• Like 2

I wouldn’t put Ertz and Kittle ahead of Waller ROS. Sure, they may end up with more points ROS. But I wouldn’t trade Waller for either of them. I’m riding this horse until the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I don't think it's all that tough to see him close to Kelce.

There are SO many weapons on KC, and it's not the same with the Raiders...so Waller is gonna eat. Granted, Carr is no Mahomes either...

If Waller starts getting TD's to go with his receptions...watch out! Regardless, to get this kind of production out of an undrafted FF pick...pretty awesome. 

This is the big differentiation for me

Raiders offense isnt near KC obv, nor Philly, id prob take SF too

in PPR the lack of TD's wont be as glaring but im just not too confident in the TD volume for the Wallrus with ole Carr at the helm, lil devils advocate but just saying there is reason to pump the brakes a tad on this hype train

• Like 1

Yea I think people are imagining too much upside for Waller based on “when the TDs start coming.”

That’s the problem with Waller / this offense. I would guess Waller ends up with around 4 TDs on the season. Let’s not get too crazy thinking the TDs are going to start flowing in with this guy.

You get a lot of volume with Waller, and hopefully he breaks a few long plays over the course of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

This is the big differentiation for me

Raiders offense isnt near KC obv, nor Philly, id prob take SF too

in PPR the lack of TD's wont be as glaring but im just not too confident in the TD volume for the Wallrus with ole Carr at the helm, lil devils advocate but just saying there is reason to pump the brakes a tad on this hype train

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

Yea I think people are imagining too much upside for Waller based on “when the TDs start coming.”

That’s the problem with Waller / this offense. I would guess Waller ends up with around 4 TDs on the season. Let’s not get too crazy thinking the TDs are going to start flowing in with this guy.

You get a lot of volume with Waller, and hopefully he breaks a few long plays over the course of the season.

Jared Cook put up 6 TDs in what I would consider a weaker offense last year. I think we all agree that Waller is better all around than Cook, and he’s being used more. The TD upside is there, we just haven’t seen it yet.