I thought the Titans had a complete inability to throw the ball last year, but they did finish ahead of the Dolphins, Cards, and Bills. Now two of those teams had rookie QBs, one of which was Josh Allen (who has never shown any ability to actually throw the ball) and the other started a hodgepodge offensive line of cast offs and street free agents. So it's not saying much to beat them. Somehow the Titans were even worse than the Redskins, who started street free agent QBs for roughly half the year (Mark Sanchez? Josh Johnson?). I feel like that has to be better. Mariota's a real Jekyll and Hyde player who also never seems to be healthy. But he seemed really not healthy in 2018. That alone should help the Titans' passing game. Just not to be 2018 bad. And that likely helps Davis. For the price to acquire him, I'd roll the dice. The talent is definitely there

Titans with Mariota at QB

A decent passing offense

Pick one

• Haha 1

Should finish around top 30, so potentially a flex option depending on the number of teams in your league and his weekly matchup. Nothing more though, he’s not going to break into the top 20-24 with his QB situation.

Titans score 43 points and Davis has not a single catch. Failure

• Like 1

Wow, what happened to this dude?  Hard not to overreact to a bagel when the team puts up 40+.

picked this guy over josh gordon. yup. panicked and thought he would be able to rebound based off talent.

Alright, what are we doing with this knucklehead?

The problem I have with him is this - let's say he goes 6-80 and a td next week on your bench....will you ever trust him to be in your lineup?

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Alright, what are we doing with this knucklehead?

The problem I have with him is this - let's say he goes 6-80 and a td next week on your bench....will you ever trust him to be in your lineup?

No, can’t see trusting this guy, he would need to string together at least 2 extremely solid games to get in my lineup, he gone for me. Tons of WRs on waivers I would rather take a crack at. 

10 hours ago, metalmat said:

Titans score 43 points and Davis has not a single catch. Failure

They only scored 28 on offense. But it was Delanie Walker that stole the show in a game where Mariota only completed 14 passes.
Davis is not an essential piece to this offense. They are going to win with defense and Derrick Henry.

Everyone else on this team is pretty much a weekly dart throw. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Did Denzel Ward shadow him?

Yes, Ward was on Corey Davis all day.  It was clear that the Titans game planned for shadow coverage and pretty much ignored Davis from the start.  I'm not going to get too worked up just yet.

Gonna give this guy one more game before any panic. I mean he did only have 3 targets, and it's game one. Sample size too small to jump ship

Did some exceptional blocking downfield for Henry's TD run.

Last year, Corey had some absurdly high target percentage in the pass game, so it made sense that the Browns schemed to eliminate him from the game, which opened up things for Delanie and AJ.

I think he's a hold for now, but I wouldn't start him until I saw at least 2 games in a row with high targets (over 7).

I do believe Corey Davis has talent, but I think the best option for him would be to get out of Tennessee and try a new setting. Someone said earlier in this thread that Marcus Mariota and Davis doesn't seem to have the right chemistry. It always seems like coming out of training camp that C. Davis is going to be the big option and when push comes to shove for some reason Mariota doesn't have confidence in him and goes to others when it counts. 

• Like 1

For the last couple years I've been thinking the reason Davis hasn't balled out is because of Mariota and/or the system.  After seeing AJ Brown have a great game first week out of the box, I'm starting to think that perhaps Corey Davis just isn't very good.

I can’t believe you guys till talk about this guy. He’s complete garbage, waiver wire material. His QB is a joke and he will never be something. Drop him, delete this entire thread, and move on. 

• Like 1

As someone mentioned, I do believe Denzel Ward was on him for most if not the entire game. Won't be the last time a QB steers clear from him.

That being said, 2 targets is absurd. They have to give this guy a chance. I'm thinking they try to make up for it this weekend vs the Colts.