9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I can’t believe you guys till talk about this guy. He’s complete garbage, waiver wire material. His QB is a joke and he will never be something. Drop him, delete this entire thread, and move on. 

His numbers last year weren't terrible.  Almost 900 yards and 4 tds.  Tds low but yardage wasn't that bad.

The problem with him is that he has like 2-3 big games, and the rest of the time he is destroying your team.  Can't start him.

Until I see a fairly consistent passing attack and consistent targets/catches for him, I can't start him.  Holding him to see if that ever happens or if Tannehill takes over and things change.

There are worse players to keep on your bench though.  You're basically waiting to see if the light bulb goes on with this guy.

Edited by Brownsfan74

nothing to see here..he is a product of a weak conference and his measurables..you cant be good and disappear in games over and over again..poor Qb has nothing to do with his incapability of showing up..time to move on

Had him not just in 2018 but 2017 also. Bought into the hype. ALMOST, took a flier on him in the late rounds this year but passed. Extremely glad I did.

10 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Had him not just in 2018 but 2017 also. Bought into the hype. ALMOST, took a flier on him in the late rounds this year but passed. Extremely glad I did.

I've had him every year, mostly because I'm worried that if I pass on him, he's gonna blow up.

Watch me pass on him next year and he turns into a monster.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:11 AM, TTo34 said:

Yes, Ward was on Corey Davis all day.  It was clear that the Titans game planned for shadow coverage and pretty much ignored Davis from the start.  I'm not going to get too worked up just yet.

This is my thought too.  He had 112 targets last year.  And he played basically ever snap in Week 1.  It was a strange game all around too - Mariota only had to make 14 passes, and it was a blowout.  I doubt we're going to see a ton of Titans blowout wins this year, and they're going to be forced to be more aggressive.  Ward was the only one in the Browns' secondary they were afraid of, and playing with a big lead why not feed Henry and safe plays to Walker / away from their shutdown corner?  

If this week is a repeat against the Colts I'll be worried.  But I highly doubt Davis is going to be a decoy every week.

Do yourself a favor and drop him. He won't get the target share he did last year, and even then he wasn't worth rostering except for a few games

31 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

This is my thought too.  He had 112 targets last year.  And he played basically ever snap in Week 1.  It was a strange game all around too - Mariota only had to make 14 passes, and it was a blowout.  I doubt we're going to see a ton of Titans blowout wins this year, and they're going to be forced to be more aggressive.  Ward was the only one in the Browns' secondary they were afraid of, and playing with a big lead why not feed Henry and safe plays to Walker / away from their shutdown corner?  

If this week is a repeat against the Colts I'll be worried.  But I highly doubt Davis is going to be a decoy every week.

The Titans defense gets no respect but they were hyped last year and were above average. I think they take another step this year, and repeat the success against the Browns week 1. That means even more running with Henry in my opinion as they shouldn’t get into too many shootout situations. All that with AJ Brown in tow, and Mariota being who he is, it’s difficult to see how Davis has any more value than players who are, or who probably were, on your waiver wire. Dude needs to run himself out of town ASAP to save his career

5 minutes ago, rizon said:

The Titans defense gets no respect but they were hyped last year and were above average. I think they take another step this year, and repeat the success against the Browns week 1. That means even more running with Henry in my opinion as they shouldn’t get into too many shootout situations. All that with AJ Brown in tow, and Mariota being who he is, it’s difficult to see how Davis has any more value than players who are, or who probably were, on your waiver wire. Dude needs to run himself out of town ASAP to save his career

I agree the Titans' D is solid and will no doubt keep them in games, but we're also talking about a team that had 11 total interceptions in all of 2018, who just intercepted Mayfield 3 times in Week 1.  Positive game scripts might be coming, but not this positive.

This week they're playing a Colts team without any real shutdown corners, and who just got burned pretty bad by Keenan Allen last week.  Colts D is also much more stout against the run than they are against the pass (and Browns were a bottom 5 run D in 2018 BTW), so I can see a game plan that will favor Davis more this week.  Like I said though, if it's another dud this week, then I'm worried.  

I'm not touting Davis as the second coming of Jerry Rice or anything, but I think he will be a solid fantasy contributor, and can hopefully take a step forward from last year with some more offensive weapons around him to help drive the offense.   Waiver wire talent is all relative - I own him in a 20 team league that starts 4-5 WR every week, so there is definitely not anything superior on my WW.  I don't tend to talk much based on replacement value in fantasy because league sizes and settings vary by a lot - I'm just saying what we saw in Week 1 from Corey, I don't think that will be the new norm.  Don't overreact to one bad week.

7 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Was holding through week 2; there is nothing here correct?

Guy has had 3 seasons to turn into something. Doesn't help he has had a turd QB his entire career, but until that changes I think he's worthless. 

This is a poor place for him to be in.  Sometimes it's the place you get drafted into that hurts and I think with Davis the Titans and he are a bad fit.   He's sitting on waivers in a few leagues I'm in and for good reason.

Yeah, I was holding him through week 2 as well. Im going to drop this waiver cycle. Not a good fit at all for him in Tenessee

Yeah I think it's time to cut bait on Corey.  If he goes off, so be it.  He seems to have a ton of talent but the offensive scheme and his QB's limitations are too much to overcome.  I just don't see him being consistent enough to start.

Owned him last year and would take crap game after crap game, and then when I finally sat him, he'd go nuts.  Happened like 3 times a year.  He's going to hurt you more than help.

Just watch though...gonna drop him and he'll have a good game next week.

A trade to a new team would probably make him more fantasy relevant. AJB and Walker will be top 2 options going forward.

Seems like a Watkins on the Bills situation. Team drafts a WR highly with no intention of getting him the ball. 

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Seems like a Watkins on the Bills situation. Team drafts a WR highly with no intention of getting him the ball. 

If im a GM the only way i trade up heavily for a WR is if I already have a QB in place. 

This guy is the Shawon Dunston of the NFL; he perpetually just needs "a few more years to develop."

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

This guy is the Shawon Dunston of the NFL; he perpetually just needs "a few more years to develop."

He’s got all the talent you could want, just in a horrible situation. A complete waste of skills in a conservative offense. If he goes somewhere with a competent QB he’ll be relevant

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Except I don’t think anyone thinks he needs time to develop. I think most just think he needs to be with a QB that can throw for more than 3500/10.

Owners hanging on to him? He's on all kinds of cut lists this week.

After he faces J. Ramsey I can't imagine there are many left owning him. Faces ATL next but then tough Ds in BUF, DEN, and LAC. Ugh.

Could be a safe drop actually if you want to pick him back up.

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Owners hanging on to him? He's on all kinds of cut lists this week.

After he faces J. Ramsey I can't imagine there are many left owning him. Faces ATL next but then tough Ds in BUF, DEN, and LAC. Ugh.

Could be a safe drop actually if you want to pick him back up.

He was a safe drop BEFORE the season started...