1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Quite a bit to like here. The talent, the targets, the new QB, the upside, and the reasonably high floor. Outside of the goose egg in week one he's averaged just under 13 a week in PPR. Not bad at all. 

Are you in the wrong thread or something

Wk1 - 0

Wk2 - 6.8

Wk3 - 7.4

Wk4 - 20.1

Wk5 - 4.8

Wk6 - 6.6

wk7 - 20

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Wk1 - 0

Wk2 - 6.8

Wk3 - 7.4

Wk4 - 20.1

Wk5 - 4.8

Wk6 - 6.6

wk7 - 20

Actually hes not far off. Thats an avg of almost 11 points after week 1.

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Actually hes not far off. Thats an avg of almost 11 points after week 1.

What I was going to say.

Saw a stat yesterday that Tannehill had many top 25 WR's when he was in Miami.....Notably Jarvis Landry having some big seasons.  He even made Devante Parker look pretty good when he could stay on the field.

Obviously, Tannehill isn't Aaron Rodgers but he's a big upgrade over Mariota in terms of throwing the ball.

The Titans have a good trio of WR's IMO.  I could see Davis busting out a bit in the second half.

Heck, it's only a free waiver pickup for many of us or probably the last WR on your bench.  I'll stash Davis in hopes he can get things together a bit.  I think he's a pretty good player but just hasn't had any consistent opportunity to make plays.

This guy has burned us all many of times, and I have seriously said some bad things about him and this titans offense. With Tanny throwing it though, give me Corey Davis as most impactful waiver pick up (in most leagues) moving forward. I think we’re about to see a top 10 pick finally get consistent targets. I’m all aboard in both leagues, get on now before it’s to late. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, yanksman said:

Huh? No way.

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

Wk1 - 0

Wk2 - 6.8

Wk3 - 7.4

Wk4 - 20.1

Wk5 - 4.8

Wk6 - 6.6

wk7 - 20

Yeah that's my bad, I accidentally did it over 5 games instead of 6. 11 a week. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's elite production, but if we're assuming an uptick he could be pretty productive. 

I think you have to sort of throw those numbers out anyway, with a new QB.  System is the same and all that but the quality of the targets should go up now.  Way up.

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I think you have to sort of throw those numbers out anyway, with a new QB.  System is the same and all that but the quality of the targets should go up now.  Way up.

This is a fact Mr. Brownsfan74. 

Tannehill can chuck the ball a lot better than Mariota, who is a bottom of the barrel passer. I am actually pretty hopeful about Tannehill in this offense and think Davis might actually shine. I'm trying to get him in all of my leagues. 

• Like 1

Is Corey the undisputed lead receiver on the team? Brown seems to be comparative in targets, and received one more target than Davis last week. I wasn't able to watch last weeks game so is this a 1, 2, situation or a 1a, 1b, situation? 

19 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

He didn't practice today....

It’s Wednesday.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

He didn't practice today....

Illness. Nothing to worry about. 

12 minutes ago, shift05 said:

Is Corey the undisputed lead receiver on the team? Brown seems to be comparative in targets, and received one more target than Davis last week. I wasn't able to watch last weeks game so is this a 1, 2, situation or a 1a, 1b, situation? 

I don’t want to derail this thread too much, but I think Brown may be the guy to own here. He led the team in targets last week while still playing on a reduced snap share (which is slowly increasing). From the eye test, give me Brown allllll day. That said, Davis is playing nearly 90% of snaps compared to Brown’s 60%. Davis may be the guy you want short term (next couple weeks), but I think Brown will truly breakout down the stretch. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I don’t want to derail this thread too much, but I think Brown may be the guy to own here. He led the team in targets last week while still playing on a reduced snap share (which is slowly increasing). From the eye test, give me Brown allllll day. That said, Davis is playing nearly 90% of snaps compared to Brown’s 60%. Davis may be the guy you want short term (next couple weeks), but I think Brown will truly breakout down the stretch. 

How can I show my dislike for this post? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The tweet stated it's not usual for Davis to have a rest day on Wednesdays. 

He is sick.

39 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Illness. Nothing to worry about. 

Thats what they told me about Mike Evans week 1. 😭

The thing about Corey Davis is that he, individually, sure looks like a damn good receiver.  Size, speed, runs great routes, catch radius...I'm not totally sure about his hands, but he has every other quality of an alpha WR1 stud.  He wasn't drafted 5th overall for nothing.  It's just been his team, his offense, and his QB holding him back.  That's what's been so frustrating about him.

It looks like the QB variable may finally be addressed, so I really only see the offensive philosophy holding him back.  The guy is a good ball player and there should be a marked improvement going forward.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vivens26 said:

This can be a Mike Evans and Chris Godwin type situation here. 

I think what many would like to know is which will be Godwin. 

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think what many would like to know is which will be Godwin. 

Brown clearly.

10 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

This can be a Mike Evans and Chris Godwin type situation here. 

or Thielen & Diggs...nah, Hopkins & Fuller.....nah, Chark & Westbrook....that sounds about right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The thing about Corey Davis is that he, individually, sure looks like a damn good receiver.  Size, speed, runs great routes, catch radius...I'm not totally sure about his hands, but he has every other quality of an alpha WR1 stud.  He wasn't drafted 5th overall for nothing.  It's just been his team, his offense, and his QB holding him back.  That's what's been so frustrating about him.

It looks like the QB variable may finally be addressed, so I really only see the offensive philosophy holding him back.  The guy is a good ball player and there should be a marked improvement going forward.

His RAC ability is sneaky good as well.

He also works hard. He’s like the sweatiest guy on that team during pre-game warm up. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

or Thielen & Diggs...nah, Hopkins & Fuller.....nah, Chark & Westbrook....that sounds about right. 

Juju and AB

• Haha 1