Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/31 - GAME DAY THREAD

Bryan Reynolds seems like a solid player that no one talks about 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cs3 said:

shakestreet yes.

Slightly above average this year, still below average for his career.  Dude hits singles and kills worms like nobodies business! Maybe his ISO will even reach league average at some point this season?

Btw everyone, don't let that dreaded Yankeehomerism Syndrome affect you!

The last four years from 2015-18 DJ has average 175 hits per year 

This year he is on pace for over 200

And you write he is a below average hitter 

when the runs come in against bauer, are they all going to be earned?  

Strange thing about tonight's start for Bauer is he's not been wild at all.  He's actually throwing plenty of strikes...

Jesus...  Another blooper that the Indians can't get to.  Kipnis just flat out missed it.  It would be nice if they could help him at all.

WHAT THE HELL?  Bunt right back to Bauer and Freeman can't get to third for the out.  Wow...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

when the runs come in against bauer, are they all going to be earned?  

Unfortunately, yes, because none of them are ruled errors.  Sorry, but that one on Kipnis is an error.  He was right there for the popup and somehow can't catch it.

The only unearned run was one of them in the last inning because of Lindor's throwing error.  Say what you want about Bauer, as most of it has been deserving up until tonight, but this is just ridiculous how the defense has literally bent him over on the mound and made him their bitch.

Edited by KilloWertz

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Unfortunately, yes, because none of them are ruled errors.  Sorry, but that one on Kipnis is an error.  He was right there for the popup and somehow can't catch it.

The only unearned run was one of them in the last inning because of Lindor's throwing error.  Say what you want about Bauer, as most of it has been deserving up until tonight, but this is just ridiculous how the defense has literally bent him over on the mount and made him their bitch.

yep incredibly frustrating.

i have moncada as well and it actually pissed me off MORE to see him strike out in that spot.  I thought to myself "if im gonna take the loss and ERA beating, at least i can get some RBIs here."

nah..just a smooth K.

Thanks

THANKS

Wow, another one.  Santana with an error.  If I was Bauer, I would have just put the glove down on the mound after that and taken myself out.  It really doesn't matter what he does unless he strikes them out at this point...

The Indians are unwatchable. They suck at every phase of the game. 

Lol. Bauer still a little b*****

would love to see bauer traded tomorrow to a team that could play, at the very least, passable defense

Bauer is piSSSSed...

and he should be. That defense is embarrassing right now and so is the run support.

if im bauer i straight up just walk off the mound right now.

• Haha 1

Start spreading the news , I’m leaving today 

i want to be part of it

New York New York 

26 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Lol. Bauer still a little b*****

Nope.  This was almost all on the rest of the team.  Sure, he gave up a few too many hits early, but the game should still be 2-1 and his command was more than fine tonight (67 of 92 pitches for strikes).  They only got credit for 4 errors, but they actually committed 6 or 7 since I'm counting both popups that dropped in as errors (at the very least the Kipnis one was).

Lindor throwing error, Santana fielding error, Freeman throwing error, and Allen throwing error all counted.  Kipnis' half-a** attempt should have been an error, Freeman falling trying to get to third on the bunt should have been an error, and I'd even give either Bauers or Freeman an error on that first popup that fell in too. I know that last one almost never gets ruled, but they've definitely committed 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

3-run HR...outta Hiura!

3 hits!

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

5 IP, 5 ER, 5 K. I'm feeling fives today.

wow almost a really great prediction.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

The last four years from 2015-18 DJ has average 175 hits per year 

This year he is on pace for over 200

And you write he is a below average hitter 

We already had that exact discussion about his propensity to hit singles in his thread, more than once. Go read it again. Nobody wants to discuss him here anymore.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Nope.  This was almost all on the rest of the team.  Sure, he gave up a few too many hits early, but the game should still be 2-1 and his command was more than fine tonight (67 of 92 pitches for strikes).  They only got credit for 4 errors, but they actually committed 6 or 7 since I'm counting both popups that dropped in as errors (at the very least the Kipnis one was).

Lindor throwing error, Santana fielding error, Freeman throwing error, and Allen throwing error all counted.  Kipnis' half-a** attempt should have been an error, Freeman falling trying to get to third on the bunt should have been an error, and I'd even give either Bauers or Freeman an error on that first popup that fell in too. I know that last one almost never gets ruled, but they've definitely committed 6.

Lindor had zero business attempting that throw. Santana  had on idea Kipnis was right behind him on his ground ball error. Santana wandered to far to his right. On Freeman's throwing Santana doesn't shift his feet. His right foot is still on the outside of first base and he makes his usual lazy attempt. Allen had no idea where to throw the ball so he just threw it to the pitchers mound. 

Tito says no fielding practice tomorrow boys we don't need it. Fundamental baseball went down the drain years ago. 

I feel better now. Thanks. 

Bauer with 7 innings, 8 K's, and a whopping 81 out of 111 pitches for strikes.

Just imagine if he was pitching for somebody else.  No fielding and basically no offense.  Should have cruised to his first victory in a while....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

But he’s still a little b******

Edited by Sonny_D

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Bauer with 7 innings, 8 K's, and a whopping 81 out of 111 pitches for strikes.

Just imagine if he was pitching for somebody else.  No fielding and basically no offense.  Should have cruised to his first victory in a while....

yea ill eat a little crow here.  i watched most of this outing and the defense was atrocious.

not sure you could say the same about most of his other starts...but this one.....this one was bad

Just now, Sonny_D said:

All true. But he’s still a little b******

Not really the place for that.  Nor are some of us in the mood for that.  He rubs people the wrong way.  I get that, but just give it up...

G. Marquez shuts me up. Solid at Coors in the end tonight.

• Like 1