Whitecloud0101

Kalen Ballage 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

A recent rotoworld blurb said Drake and Stills May be involved in a deal for Clowney. If Drake does get traded would Ballage be the guy? 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

SOURCE: Miami Herald
Aug 27, 2019, 8:27 PM ET
  •  

Yeah, I was just in the Drake thread commenting about this and it dawned on me; you know who would really benefit from this if it were to happen? Ballage!

He really seems to have earned the trust of the new regime in Miami. If Drake is in fact traded, I could see a solid RB2 floor for Ballage just based on volume alone. 

7 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

A recent rotoworld blurb said Drake and Stills May be involved in a deal for Clowney. If Drake does get traded would Ballage be the guy? 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

SOURCE: Miami Herald
Aug 27, 2019, 8:27 PM ET
  •  

I think he would. Definitely makes Ballage an interesting stash right now...

9 minutes ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

How do we feel about this guy now that Drake is back? Is he a Rb4 or 5?

He was splitting 1st team reps with Drake before Drake got hurt, so despite Ballage's mediocre preseason I would hold at least until after week 1 in redraft to see what kind of usage he is getting.  I will probably give him a longer leash because it sounded like Ballage was impressing in practice and the only league I drafted him is a keeper league (Drake is most likely gone after this year).

Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2019 at 9:21 PM, The G Man said:

He really seems to have earned the trust of the new regime in Miami

Thus PROVING they are brain dead....or intentionally punting the season.

Dude is good when no one can get an arm on him. Wide open lane to the secondary.....big gain.

Lineman reaches out and grazes his jersey as he runs by.....stopped dead in his tracks for no gain.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1

I don't think 37 carries or whatever it is is enough to pass judgment... the coaches like him that goes along way in the nfl cause it means pt...

Holding, not feeling great. Word is Clowney to MIA is all but dead so relying on Ballage coming out strong week 1 to have any relevance. Drake could still be trade bait (they shipped Ajayi a few years back for a 4th despite him being solid). I could see this being very similar as Miami will be completely out of contention. Maybe Drake to Houston in week 6 for a 5th.

6 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If it's a 12 for 30 yard game week 1, I'm dropping with no hesitation. quick waste of a pick lol

If it's 15 to 18 total touches 80 ish yards and a TD it'll feel pretty good where you got him...

Apparently this guy is trash. Missed out on some shares of other flier RBs because I decided to take him instead. Not looking good, but no other choice at this point but to wait and see for week 1.

Not sure about this hate. He is the no 1 running back on a trash team. But before I write him off, I would at least look into game 1 of the season. 

1 hour ago, dorwell said:

Not sure about this hate. He is the no 1 running back on a trash team. But before I write him off, I would at least look into game 1 of the season. 

Agreed. Besides, where there's smoke there's usually fire. If Drake was mentioned as a possible trade piece in the Clowney deal before it went south that just means Miami is probably looking to move him. Ballage could still end up being the #1 in Miami's backfield week 1. Volume usurps talent to a certain degree in fantasy. 

1 hour ago, dorwell said:

Drake is the number one running back on the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Drake is the number one running back on the team.

Not that I disagree he’s the best rb on the team. But sure seems like they want to use Ballage more then drake. Even since camp started, Ballage has been running with the ones. I own both in one dynasty league and it just appears that miami hates drake. 

Edited by UcanTry

Losing Tunsil sucks for the entire offense. They’re going to be terrible this year. 

Just now, SuperJoint said:

I'll go ahead and wait for the season to start.

Why not. 

Yeah really feeling meh now after the moves. I think they like him over Drake, but now I don’t know if it even matters if he’s getting a majority of carries with no line in front of him. Weren’t they like the second worst or worst o line WITH Tunsil? 

5 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Yeah really feeling meh now after the moves. I think they like him over Drake, but now I don’t know if it even matters if he’s getting a majority of carries with no line in front of him. Weren’t they like the second worst or worst o line WITH Tunsil? 

How good is "Gas Mask" Tunsil then.

Volume = points, usually. Let's see what happens.

• Like 1

I'm growing more weary of holding Ballage every day while other players show up worth adding on waivers. I'm like 90% sure I'm going to drop him for a waiver add week 1 anyways.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

I'm growing more weary of holding Ballage every day while other players show up worth adding on waivers. I'm like 90% sure I'm going to drop him for a waiver add week 1 anyways.

I gotta get in one of these leagues with players with as much of a chance to do something keep showing up...

I'm adding guys like Devine Ozigbo in my deep league...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I gotta get in one of these leagues with players with as much of a chance to do something keep showing up...

I'm adding guys like Devine Ozigbo in my deep league...

The season hasn't even started yet and people are willing to cut bait based on speculation.

Back in my day owners would wait a week or two before making such a decision - now it's ownership by Tweet.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

The season hasn't even started yet and people are willing to cut bait based on speculation.

Back in my day owners would wait a week or two before making such a decision - now it's ownership by Tweet.

Dolphins cut bait on half their team, how can I feel good about their RB2 at this stage?

Just now, CitizenJ said:

Dolphins cut bait on half their team, how can I feel good about their RB2 at this stage?

I suggest watching a game or two. It's not as though this team was a juggernaut to start with. I imagine you took Ballage because he has a chance to get a significant number of carries, which is why you draft any RB from any team.

We have no idea if he's the RB2. Maybe he's 1b. No one knows. Drake has shown time after time (or his coaches have shown) that he can't be counted on for a full workload. 

AFAIK that has not changed, which brings us back to the reason he was drafted in the first place. Until some actual tape has been laid down there's no reason to abandon your draft strategy before a single down has been played. 

• Like 1