Whitecloud0101

Kalen Ballage 2019 Outlook

The waiver wire has been pathetic this year.  Ballage is about the least exciting starting RB to pick up that there has ever been.  Terrible production, terrible O-line, terrible team!  So of course he's probably going to be the best waiver add of the season.  If he hits, there isn't one person who can say they saw it coming. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

The waiver wire has been pathetic this year.  Ballage is about the least exciting starting RB to pick up that there has ever been.  Terrible production, terrible O-line, terrible team!  So of course he's probably going to be the best waiver add of the season.  If he hits, there isn't one person who can say they saw it coming. 

Agree...there is a reason it seems more people are simply ignoring him and looking at the Myles Gaskins of the roster, especially in dynasty formats. Ballage couldn't even beat out Walton and it seems MIA knew about Walton's suspension even before they traded Drake away so that's telling as well.

They are actively tanking, I don't care that they just won or what their leadership says. But even when they're obviously looking at 2020 already, Ballage does not appear to be of interest to them, they don't even want to see what he can do it seems. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gaskins and Laird get as many touches or more than Ballage this weekend. They may have to combine to do so but if either of them flashes even a little ability, Ballage will be the popular drop next week.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:08 AM, sSektor said:

He's a lead RB I picked up on waivers after the starter got injured. Locked-in league winner guaranteed. Try and make a dumb argument against it I know a leeg winnor when I see one.

🥴

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, sSektor said:

Try and make a dumb argument against it I know a leeg winnor when I see one.

He got out snapped and passed on the depth chart by a dude so bad he had to take drugs to average 3.8 YPC.

Two words: Myles Gaskin.

Ballage been bad all season. I would much rather roster Gaskin at this point

46 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He got out snapped and passed on the depth chart by a dude so bad he had to take drugs to average 3.8 YPC.

I mean, the suspension was from offseason stuff and wasn’t new drama. Bell is averaging 3.3 ypc this year. Conner a 3.9, Gurley a 3.9, Henry a 3.9. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toomuchsauce said:

Yeah I have a feeling Ballage isnt even the back to own 

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/coaches-confident-kalen-ballage-will-seize-opportunity

Obviously we’re all skeptical of coachspeak, but this was more optimism than I expected from staff. I figured they’d say this about one of the other backs. I thought if they wanted him to have a shot in a tank season, it would have happened already. Who knows..

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Image result for lifting a ton of weight gif

I got a feeling your GIF collection is a lot like the iPod music collection from the guy in Baby Driver

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

I got a feeling your GIF collection is a lot like the iPod music collection from the guy in Baby Driver

not familair w/the flick at all, so, i'll consider this somewhat positive 🤷‍♂️

Watch this dude that stinks and Everyone ***** on end up being the league winner we’ve been looking for all season 

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:40 AM, Toomuchsauce said:

If Gaskin was as good as you think he would've played already this year. Ballage definitely has a lot to prove but he will be the goal line back and the 3 down back moving forward.

You can easily mention Laird as much as Gaskin. Laird would be more likely since he can play ST too.

So what are we thinking here. He didn't get much done but volume was there saw 24 total touches.

Think the line is a disaster and not sure anyone would be good there.

Usable in easier matchups than Colts?

15 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

So what are we thinking here. He didn't get much done but volume was there saw 24 total touches.

Think the line is a disaster and not sure anyone would be good there.

Usable in easier matchups than Colts?

Yes, but with matchups against the Bills and Eagles, that seems to leave only the Browns game as a potential "easy" matchup. Then Walton comes back and who knows what happens. 

Bills are not great against the run and don't score so much to have negative game script. Home game for Miami.

• Like 1

Perfect end of the bench person IMO until Walton’s back. They want to lose.. Ballage will help them do that. Hell, 20+ touches he’ll eventually luck himself in to a long one on a busted play like last year 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

At this point, you're better served locking down a high-value backup if available (Pollard, Gallman, etc.)

Maybe if you have a playoff spot locked up. But some of us still have RB going to be on bye and have deep leagues where a player getting touches and targets has value.

Gallman is rostered in a lot leagues since the saquon injury and Pollard only has value if Zeke gets hurt which based on history he hasn't missed games for injury.

What are our expectations for him and his volume.  Not an ideal play but bye week blues and the wire is dry. 

13 hours ago, Mmiller186 said:

What are our expectations for him and his volume.  Not an ideal play but bye week blues and the wire is dry. 

I'd expect 7 to 10 points in a PPR.

I'm forced to play this guy with C Carson and D Henry both on bye.  I'm expecting 15 carries for 30 yards and 2 catches for 2 yards.  Sure hope I'm wrong