Total coin flip and neither can be counted on 

barnes = committee 

elias.   = hunter Strickland coming back 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Total coin flip and neither can be counted on 

barnes = committee 

elias.   = hunter Strickland coming back 

That is assuming Strickland gets the job back once he comes back.  If I was betting on it, I would say he should, if for no other reason but to add to his trade value.  Still, he might not have the role for that long because who knows how long it will be until he is actually back.

Seriously not trying to sound like I'm saying Elias is some great closer or anything.  He's not, but I still think he might get more saves over the rest of the season given how little Barnes gets used in the 9th inning anymore.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

Some decent news on Leclerc. Kelley took the L and Leclerc pitched well in high pressure situations. 

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Lorenzen enters the game in the bottom of the 8th to try to clean up a mess.  Walks the first batter and barely escapes with the bases loaded.  Will be interesting to see if they bring him back out to try to get the save or if they bring in Iglesias.  You would think they would have done this in reverse if Iglesias was going to pitch tonight.

Lorenzen is due up 3rd, but he's a good hitter, so he might just hit for himself regardless.

Edited by KilloWertz

Nobody is warming up, so Lorenzen is getting a chance to close again...

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

That is assuming Strickland gets the job back once he comes back.  If I was betting on it, I would say he should, if for no other reason but to add to his trade value.  Still, he might not have the role for that long because who knows how long it will be until he is actually back.

Seriously not trying to sound like I'm saying Elias is some great closer or anything.  He's not, but I still think he might get more saves over the rest of the season given how little Barnes gets used in the 9th inning anymore.

They need to feature Strickland in a few games before they trade him, no

Posted (edited)

And he warms up Iglesias in the 9th, Lorenzen walks Braun after a battle, gets Arcia to fly out, and Bell brings in Iglesias.  No save for anybody on the Reds tonight thanks to Bell...

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

And he warms up Iglesias in the 9th, Lorenzen walks Braun after a battle, gets Arcia to fly out, and Bell brings in Iglesias.  No save for anybody on the Reds tonight thanks to Bell...

Bell doesn’t care about fantasy teams 

• Like 1

Just now, urban2014 said:

Bell doesn’t care about fantasy teams 

I know, but in this case, it still makes little sense how he managed it.  Completely reversing the roles he has had all season (Iglesias coming in for crucial situations).  Not that Lorenzen was very sharp, but still, very curious managing.

• Like 1

The Reds are on a roll. Damn

Was that a save situation for Will Smith? 

36 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Was that a save situation for Will Smith? 

Don't think so cause the tying run was in the hole. Regardless, he faced the last two outs and exuded that BDE and struck them both out

Should be pitching again Saturday night and if that goes well I think there’s a good chance they will activate him after....

59 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Emilio Pagan the favorite for the Montreal/Tampa Rays?

Deserves the favorite title...

21 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

dont remember who quoted me a few weeks ago saying the Rays dont need bullpen help, buuuuuut THIS IS WHY I SAID IT haha

Castillo is solid but not an end of game RP IMO more of a 7th inning guy, Alvarado isnt a closer IMO more of an 8th inning lefty guy maybe setup

Pagan is a wild card, id like to see him in the role see how he handles it, has the best stuff of our RHP in the pen IMO

but nevertheless id like to see us deal for a RP, dont even need a big name just big skills cause we can turn a nobody RP into gold (see rodney, boxberger, etc over the years)

I think that was me.   And I'm rethinking my position. 

You're not an Alvarado fan? 

Posted (edited)

I gotta bet that Iglesias is dealt by the trade deadline. Could see the Braves looming in and acquiring him

Edited by The_Real_Deal

In re: the Rays need bullpen help.

Well there are two types of teams in the race. Those who need bullpen help and those who will go out and pay for it (great need or not). For our purposes the latter is probably more important. And I wouldn’t necessarily put the Rays in that category. 

Well Alvarado is finally back and doing some bullpen sessions in the minors he has been out so long on leave.  But they said he needed only a few days down there so the Rays will be getting back a good arm finally in the next couple of days.

19 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

I gotta bet that Iglesias is dealt by the trade deadline. Could see the Braves looming in and acquiring him

I cant 

Posted (edited)

[Brad Hand] been GREAT for the tribe this year..

How do you think things will pan out for him trade wise?

Edited by tonycpsu
Topic merged.

44 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

[Brad Hand] been GREAT for the tribe this year..

How do you think things will pan out for him trade wise?

I have no idea honestly, but they better make sure they get a ton for him if they do decide to deal him given his contract (and what they gave up to get him themselves).

If he does get dealt though, I do think there's a decent enough chance he goes to a team that actually needs a closer since there are several contenders that could use one.  Same situation as Will Smith in that regard.

29 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I have no idea honestly, but they better make sure they get a ton for him if they do decide to deal him given his contract (and what they gave up to get him themselves).

If he does get dealt though, I do think there's a decent enough chance he goes to a team that actually needs a closer since there are several contenders that could use one.  Same situation as Will Smith in that regard.

Agree he could still close for sure, BUT there are multiple teams in contention that would love to have a shut down 8th inning guy as well who could close as well depending on matchups 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

So.... who is next in line in Oakland? 

Keep an eye on Liam Hendriks.  He's had a great June (10.2IP, 1W, 0L, 6HLD, 1ER, 11.81K/9) and has been coming in for high leverage situations, often in the 7th inning while the A's are ahead.

Conversely, Trivino has not had a great month (7.2IP, 1W, 3L, 1HLD, 8ER, 10.57K/9) and comes in as often down a run or two in the 9th as he does in the 8th in games they are ahead.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, kmoore1521 said:

Pagan is a wild card, id like to see him in the role see how he handles it, has the best stuff of our RHP in the pen IMO

Pagan doesn’t have nearly the stuff that Castillo does. Castillo throws several MPH faster and his breaking stuff moves more. The pitchFX shows this is a fact and not merely an opinion.